AI cheats Touring Car Events?

Germany
Germany
Hi, drove my first World Touring Car 700 Race on Laguna Seca after completing the menus.
After half the race i had to refuel as did other drivers as well but the drive on P1 did no pit stop at all. How unfair is that? I could not catch him again and got second plqce.
Is that a bug or some type of "challenge"? 😛

I tried it yesterday and finished almost a minute of the leader, surely something is up.

Finished 4th and i don't think the top 3 pitted.

Last edited:
I bit the bullet and bought the Swift myself : still had to refuel in the 8th-Round. I finished 20 Seconds short of the lead.
After adjusting gears I could push it to the 9th: Still came in too late to make a difference.
Turned down difficulty: still no pit stops by the leader. Placed second again :grumpy:

The real cheat here is that GT does not really tell how fuel mapping works or that it exsists at all if you don´t do the challange attached to it.

Copy-Paste:

First of all, you’re going to need to display all race info . So pause the game, go to Settings, then Display Setting then, under Race Display, set Show Race Info to “Display All”. Now, in the bottom-right corner of the screen, there’s a Track Map. What Sarah didn’t tell you is that you can change what’s displayed in this corner, and even control some of it. Tap left on the D-pad just once, and Track Map will change to Fuel Map.
There are six different Fuel Map settings with 1 being the most powerful, and 6 being the leanest. You can switch between these settings using up and down on the D-pad when the Fuel Map is displayed.

That beeing said, next try is starting with 6 or 5 and blowing the rest of the fuel in the last two Rounds.

Last edited:
I just no-stopped this race using the Gr.4 Supra '19 (obtained free from licence tests). I set the downforce to minimum both front and rear, and lengthened the gears to 360kph top speed auto adjust. I had the high rpm turbocharger fitted, and RS tyres. With fuel mix 1, the fuel will last if you shift around 4500rpm, but you need to keep the fuel display on, and adjust your shifts to lower rpm if you're using too much. I was only racing against the easiest AI, but won easily with 16:28. RS tyres aren't optimal as they were almost fully red on all 4 corners by the end. I'll try again against the hardest AI with RM and maybe even RH.

Edit: Wow, the winner does 15:11 on the hardest AI setting. I wasn't catching the leader at all when shifting at 4500rpm, and started to lose big chunks of time as my RM tyres wore out.

Edit 2: Just tried the Swift, and wow that car is broken for this race. No problem at all to make the fuel last, and I had gained a lot of time on the leader before making a mistake and quitting. I think I can win it against the hardest AI but need to tweak some settings, e.g. I think brake balance fully to the rear will help with the front tyre wear which is now my biggest problem.

Edit 3: I've finished 5 secs behind the winner using the Swift, the winner did 15:18, I did 15:23. I went for max downforce as fuel consumption isn't an issue. It's really all about trying to minimise front tyre wear and avoiding slow laps behind traffic. If I were using a wheel rather than controller perhaps I'd be able to keep the tyres in better shape.

Last edited:
That beeing said, next try is starting with 6 or 5 and blowing the rest of the fuel in the last two Rounds.
FYI you might be better off short shifting than using the fuel map settings, at least if it works in the same way as it did on GT Sport.

If you use automatic gear changes then this isn't an option, but if you use manual, try shifting up a gear sooner than you normally would. The fuel map settings have a dramatic effect on straight line speed, and you may find that even though you are saving fuel, you are now too slow to win the race. But if you shift gears earlier than normal, you can save just as much fuel but won't sacrifice as much speed. It could be the difference needed to help win a race :)

After a bit of testing, I think the Viper has the potential to be able to beat him. Put on the supercharger and hard race tires, and set fuel map to 6 at the start. If you can run a clean race, you should be able to just beat him out on the last lap. Seemes like he slows down a lot on lap 10.

Edit: You can drive it flat out on map 6, no short shifting needed.

Last edited:
Edit: You can drive it flat out on map 6, no short shifting needed.
Looks like they've completely changed the trade-off between fuel map and short shifting compared to GTS. In GTS, fuel map was basically a "noob trap", it was massively faster to short shift. But in GT7 it seems it's much faster to increase the fuel map and shift normally. I've just won this race against the hardest AI using the Megane Trophy Gr.4 with RH tyres. I started off with map 6, changed to map 5 around lap 5 when it seemed clear there was fuel to spare, and had enough left to go to map 4 for the final lap. Won by 15 seconds with 15:06, and I made many mistakes, a better driver could do it considerably faster than that.

Just tried the Swift, and wow that car is broken for this race.
That is quite an understatement. With a 40 seconds lead on Laguna Seca, and starting to lap the last placed cars on the other tracks "broken" is not enough. Ok I forgot to tune the difficulty back up, still ridiculous.

Now I try to figure out who thought it was a good idea to put a 630PP restriction to a Race-car Touring Track. :boggled:

I won with the Redbull Jr. Maximum power on the fuel map will get you to the end. Lap in the 1:31s and you will win.

I won with the Redbull Jr. Maximum power on the fuel map will get you to the end. Lap in the 1:31s and you will win.
Thanks, it took me some time, but redbull junior made it without pitting and finally first.

Back