AI Difficulty Question

• Thread starter Goshin2568
  • 14 comments
United States
Waco, TX
GTP_Goshin2568
Goshin2568
I am kind of confused about the AI difficulty settings. It looks to me (although it would be absolutely ridiculous) that AI difficulty is directly tied to driving assists. I set up my driving aids under custom, and for some reason it greys out the option for difficulty. If I choose Easy, for example, I gives me drivers line and ABS etc, but if I change any of these options, the difficulty changes from 'Easy' to 'Custom'.

I guess my question is, how do you run a certain AI difficulty while having non-default aids.
For example, how could you run Easy AI with no aids, or Legendary AI with ABS on.

You can't, once you change an aspect of the difficulty, it automatically goes into custom.

But on this 'Custom' setting, how do I know how difficult the AI is?
The driving assists I have on and how fast the AI is should be two completely separate things...

You can set the AI difficulty at the bottom, it's the penultimate option right above the flashback setting.

Where? What menu?

The one you're also setting the race length etc. in - just highlight the difficulty setting (you can only set easy, intermediate etc. in this menu) and hit X while it's highlighted. Voila.

Mr. S
The one you're also setting the race length etc. in - just highlight the difficulty setting (you can only set easy, intermediate etc. in this menu) and hit X while it's highlighted. Voila.

But then if I pick say easy or intermediate, it loads me up with tons of assists. When I go back and change the assists, it sets the difficulty to custom. When its on custom does it still keep the ai difficulty the same as I originally chose?

You can set the AI difficulty at the bottom of said menu, you're not meant to change anything in the menu where you're setting the race length etc. It has to remain on "Custom" in order to keep the settings you've chosen in the sub-menu.

Mr. S
You can set the AI difficulty at the bottom of said menu, you're not meant to change anything in the menu where you're setting the race length etc. It has to remain on "Custom" in order to keep the settings you've chosen in the sub-menu.

Ok let me get this straight. Lets say I wanted to play on intermediate ai difficulty but with no assists.
In the menu with the race length I change the difficulty to intermediate. Then, once I have actually started practice 1, I press the start button -> options -> driving assists and then take all the assists off. The difficulty level will change to custom on the screen, but the ai difficulty will be intermediate, and all the assists will be off. Is this correct?

Mr. S
I've made a clip (you might want to increase the volume on YT, iPhone microphone ftl) to make it clear. :)

Ok. I think I see where our miscommunication has occurred. I'm referring to career mode. Not grand prix.

Mr. S
It's the very same in career mode.

Oh my gosh haha. I've been really stupid. I didn't realize that the difficulty setting you could click X on. Ok. Dumb mistake. Thanks for your help.

Back