AI glitch?(PS3)

• Thread starter PAWEL17
  • 8 comments

PAWEL17

Premium
PAWEL17
So i was racing in my Williams at Budapest, Legend difficulty with my shameful Assists, and i was catching Alonso in the Ferrari, he was 1st, i was 2nd, and on the straightaway i got a good(assisted) run on him, i started to slipstream him, when all of a suddenly, he wildly pulls to the right, i zoom past, look in back and see him spin into the wall.
Now this has happened to me more then one occasion, where the AI have beeb acting very erratic, making passing a very frightening thing to do.

Does anyone else expierence this?

Coming out of turn 10 in melbourne i was gaining on lewis hamilton for 5th place and the same thing happened, i was just about to dive down the outside when he veered off to the left and sent himself off :/ only happened once so far though, may need to be brought to codemasters attention of you have seen this multiple times

Not in my case no, he rejoined the race at the back, didnt pit and posted the fastest lap the lap after the spin so he didnt get a puncture or damage the car enough to cause the spin i wouldnt imagine, seems strange

The AI also back off too easily in close quarters, I can pretty much bully them in anyway I want, they need some of Shift 2's aggression!

On the ps3 I have found the AI to be retarded at times, especially when lapping them...

They will suddenly swerve across the line even though they have moved over to be lapped. Often causing problems in so far as being spun etc. The only way I've found to lap them successfully is to be super aggressive and barge past them.

If you're in say an HRT and have no KERS and you've lapped a KERS equipped car they will try to unlap themselves on the straight and as they pull alongside you just hit the brakes.

Infuriating to say the least. The upside is if you're chasing the AI and they get caught up in traffic they're retarded and stop defending and you can breeze past.

I tend to pass other drivers easily but schumacher is the most aggressive driver ever ... passes me with ease then brakes right in front of me ... (I get a 10 second penalty) and then the next race he is half way through making a pass and smashes into the side of me... and my car ends up having to pit :(

Did their engine blow maybe causing the rear wheels to lock up which would send him into a spin like happened to the player below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T5DyFhHvAs

Or perhaps a puncture although not sure if that would be enough to cause AI to spin even at reasonably high speeds.

that happened to me earlier. had just finished my pole lap and the car was engulfed in a huge ball of fire then just ground to a halt. the cool thing is you a extra engine :). didn't experience any lock up maybe because i had abs on.

Sylar
Did their engine blow maybe causing the rear wheels to lock up which would send him into a spin like happened to the player below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T5DyFhHvAs

Or perhaps a puncture although not sure if that would be enough to cause AI to spin even at reasonably high speeds.

Also during that race, i caught up and passed button, and gained a huge lead instantly prompting me to wonder, that he got a puncture of some sort. But the Erratic Alonso incident was not due to that, nor the engine blowing up, for sure. Definetley, because he wanted to avoid me(i was slipstreaming him), cover the racing line or something. but instead of pulling to the right, he did a sharp turn to the right, hit the wall, and went into the opposite direction.

JJ72
The AI also back off too easily in close quarters, I can pretty much bully them in anyway I want, they need some of Shift 2's aggression!

Sometimes yes, and sometimes no, as someone said before with Schumacher, plenty of times, i have taken them down the inside, and they take me on the outside, on the next corner. But yeah, they will sometimes pull out to easily.

Zorrin
On the ps3 I have found the AI to be retarded at times, especially when lapping them...

They will suddenly swerve across the line even though they have moved over to be lapped. Often causing problems in so far as being spun etc. The only way I've found to lap them successfully is to be super aggressive and barge past them.

If you're in say an HRT and have no KERS and you've lapped a KERS equipped car they will try to unlap themselves on the straight and as they pull alongside you just hit the brakes.

Infuriating to say the least. The upside is if you're chasing the AI and they get caught up in traffic they're retarded and stop defending and you can breeze past.

Yes, exactly my point. i hate how they just swerve, it makes ne uneasy, they could just calmly pull off the racing line, to let you pass. And catching someone else, i completley agree, i know the AI is alot better fightning you in this game, but when they try lapping, then they are hopeless.

Last edited:
Back