AI in FM4

• Thread starter HKS racer
  • 12 comments

HKS racer

(Banned)
Hi everyone, I'm new to Forza planet but not new to Gtplanet. So what's the deal, I registered here because I need some info. No doubts FM4 is a great game but I need to know:

1 - AI, is it really too easy like someone saying? There's a way to make them faster? AI for me is very important because I have no time for online racing but I don't want to kill the competition. What can I do?

2 - Is there something to make my car less competitive?

3 - Can I choose opponents cars in arcade races? (Or eventually can I choose a particular class?)

4 - Can I race against the cars I have in my garage?

5 - What about career mode? Is it fun and full of interesting events?

Thanks in advance.

1. Welcome to Forza Planet aka The Dark Side

2. Yes the AI are that easy.

3. The only way to make the car less competitive would be to switch the AWD car into RWD

4. You CAN"T chose the cars in arcade mode

5. They wont be the same but yes you can race against cars from your garage

6. Career mode isn't fun or interesting it is dull BUT go online and you should have a fun time

1. AI is more skilled than GT5 imo and yes you can change the difficulty when racing in the event list. If you go through career mode then it gets progressively tougher.

2. There is a PI system and gobs of upgrades so yes you can make your car less competitive if you wanted to.

3. I'm not sure about this one but I don't think you can choose your opponents.

4. Once again not totally sure but I don't think so.

5. Career mode is ok but much better and longer than GT5's, Rivals mode is where is game excels.

Good.
2. There is a PI system and gobs of upgrades so yes you can make your car less competitive if you wanted to.
If I understood, in career mode you could eventually race against let's say, SuperGT500 class using a 400hp or even 350hp race car? Right?

Are there some GT1 style championships in career mode?

In arcade mode, can I choose the length of the race? Can I make 30 laps races with pit stops?

If I understood, in career mode you could eventually race against let's say, SuperGT500 class using a 400hp or even 350hp race car? Right?

You can race the car stock. You can't lower the original HP. (So maybe I misunderstood your last question a bit.)

Are there some GT1 style championships in career mode?

Not familiar with real GT1 championships but they do have championships with those style cars.

In arcade mode, can I choose the length of the race? Can I make 30 laps races with pit stops?

I was looking for this offline and couldn't find it however you can setup a private online lobby with AI and that will allow you to create races with your own parameters including multiclass which is one that allot of people like.

Precious infos overthere thanks. The private lobby + AI and multiclass, sounds very interesting!

About the PI system if I take let's say, a 350z and tune it to race car specs, but, without maxing out the engine, can I enter a career mode event and race against a particular class? In this case, SuperGT500 ?

PI is also broken down by car classes and R3 I believe would be your SuperGT500. So in a sense you could upgrade a street version of the 350Z to R3 and set up a R3 lobby against other AI R3 cars. That being said the cpu still decides what the AI uses for cars that are stock R3 cars (which most are SuperGT500 race cars) so you will race against at least a few i'm sure.

If you wanted to race against all race car R3 cars but use your street 350Z I think you could setup a multiclass with one class being R3 race cars only and the other being R3 with no limitations and you can set yourself as the only car in that class but you will be listed in 1st place no matter what if you are the only car in your group.

PI is also broken down by car classes and R3 I believe would be your SuperGT500. So in a sense you could upgrade a street version of the 350Z to R3 and set up a R3 lobby against other AI R3 cars. That being said the cpu still decides what the AI uses for cars that are stock R3 cars (which most are SuperGT500 race cars) so you will race against at least a few i'm sure.

If you wanted to race against all race car R3 cars but use your street 350Z I think you could setup a multiclass with one class being R3 race cars only and the other being R3 with no limitations and you can set yourself as the only car in that class but you will be listed in 1st place no matter what if you are the only car in your group.
Great idea, in this way I could race against R3 using another class car. I'm just looking for some competitive fun against the cars I want so I will ignore 1st place stats.

Baypassing FM4... like I did with GT5 :D
Some great infos here thanks.

if you want more challenge with the AI, make two groups in online lobby, put the AIs in one, and you in another, and give your group a 10% grip handicap.

Heyy, Speedster here! *waves* A little late to the party!

So here's the deal: in World Tour, you can't change the AI difficulty. If you drive like crap, then they get a little laid back too. If you drive well, they adapt and start to drive smarter too.

You can, however, change difficulty when going through the Events list. In addition, you can also bring up the difficulty menu while looking at the Events list, where you select opponent upgrades to yes, and class restriction off.

Back