AI in the rain are a mess how would you fix it?

United States
Heaven
Gonna use the le man WTC 700 pp race the AI is just a mess when it rains in this race.

How would you fix the AI in the rain in GT7? Also with this so call Sophie AI will that fix this and how?

Here is a picture I just took of a race I just did the ai and myself had more then enough time to pit for wets tires but none of the ai cars did and so you can only guess how lap 3 went.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231009172133.jpg

And a few gif from the same race. you know I always hear what's the best car to win this race but in realty the rain is the best way to win this race. :lol:

From what I've surmised from races I've done... The AI pit when either Fuel has run out, Tyres worn through and or the track is now wet and dry tyres aren't helping.
The Ai doesn't really make a decision on the weather radar prediction, it's more reactive than proactive.

So I guess what needs to happen is an addition to their code to use strategy that involves the radar more.

From what I've surmised from races I've done... The AI pit when either Fuel has run out, Tyres worn through and or the track is now wet and dry tyres aren't helping.
The Ai doesn't really make a decision on the weather radar prediction, it's more reactive than proactive.

So I guess what needs to happen is an addition to their code to use strategy that involves the radar more.
I second this.

But I also wouldn't change it. It's amusing to me watching the cars bump and spin into each other after I smugly pass during a yellow flag, shaking my head, "Should have pit, idiots." Knowing full and well that their programming isn't sophisticated enough to know better.

Suggestion: have the programming for the AI fixed that when it is to rain or is raining that the AI will change to WETS or IMs and not return to the tracks with race slicks when it is obviously raining.

Pretty much this, It's almost like they don't have access to the radar to make decisions.

Not exactly related, but in the GR1 race at Fuji I've seen the AI rotate from slicks to IM/Rain tires and viceversa without refueling. Which means they could end up doing 3 freakin pitstops on a 10 lap race.

Have 'em pit earlier based on the rain gauge. Bottom third = soft or IM, middle = full wets. Also reduce the number of IM pit stops based on the car's weight.

Have 'em pit earlier based on the rain gauge. Bottom third = soft or IM, middle = full wets. Also reduce the number of IM pit stops based on the car's weight.
That would make them pit according to the current state of the track but wouldnt consider the future state of the track, which would mean a just short pitch of water will make them stop for no reason, switching to IM when dry conditions still apply because the rain has actually stopped.
Without reacting to the weather radar, there wont be a really good solution imo.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back