AI incident

• Thread starter nst0022
  • 9 comments
Germany
Germany
I was 6 hours into a 24h race, when I leisurely switched the view to the rear and noticed an AI car slithering left and right in the banked corner just behind me (what a co-incidence 😄)

Well, I thought, let's see what happened to the car when I pass this spot next lap. Either it had caught itself and carried on, or it got severely damaged

Sure enough, it had landed in the ditch:

1.png

The next lap I expected the car to be removed and marked as DNF

However, it was still there, and the next lap, and the next lap ...

After 10 hours into the race, I thought I saw the car move a little, so I stopped there a lap later to investigate

Wow, it was continuously trying to escape the ditch

That explained, why it was still part of the race

I will leave it be to see, if it survives the whole 24h race (if I or another AI car crashed into it, it would most certainly get free and continue the race)

Nice 😄

Yeah i seen that happen with the ai in my favorite track alot. If im doing a long race and this happens i always slow down and hit the ai car from behind just enough to get it going again even if i lost a place.

That's really neat. Nice to still see information coming in about PC2.

What car you driving? It's beautiful

Is that the old Monza historic track?

That's really neat. Nice to still see information coming in about PC2.

What car you driving? It's beautiful

Is that the old Monza historic track?
It is the Sauber C9 LM Mercedes-Benz

It has a nice sound, especially at > 300 km/h, and yes, Monza Hist, which I like particularly for its two banked corners

There were some rumors in recent years to rebuild the old track, but obviously, nothing has come to fruition

Here is a nice, historic picture of the Alboreto Curve (search for "Parabolic"):

https://www.monzanet.it/en/circuit/

Last edited:
Speaking of historic tracks, as you all know, there are three of them in PCARS 2:
  • Monza Hist
  • Spa Hist
  • Hockenheim Hist
These tracks are simply jewels

I know of no other racing game, that incorporates any of them and it is not a given, that they will appear in a future version of PCARS

Driving those tracks by yourself is far more immersive than watching a picture or a historic video (which applies to cars as well, of course)

Imagine you could show your grand-children, how these tracks "felt" like 😄

So, I will keep my copy of PCARS 2 until I die or my console breaks down, whichever occurs first 😆 😎

Speaking of historic tracks, as you all know, there are three of them in PCARS 2:
  • Monza Hist
  • Spa Hist
  • Hockenheim Hist
These tracks are simply jewels

I know of no other racing game, that incorporates any of them and it is not a given, that they will appear in a future version of PCARS

Driving those tracks by yourself is far more immersive than watching a picture or a historic video (which applies to cars as well, of course)

Imagine you could show your grand-children, how these tracks "felt" like 😄

So, I will keep my copy of PCARS 2 until I die or my console breaks down, whichever occurs first 😆 😎
There's more than 3, you forgot Rouen Les Essarts, Silverstone classic & Le Mans classic

Yeah the classic tracks are my favorite tracks in pcars 2

Classic Monza - My most favorite track ever in any game.

Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Classic - My second most favorite track in any game.

Classic Hockenheim - Is ok i don't hate it or like it much.

Le Mans Vintage - 3rd favorite track in any game to bad the game doesn't have modern le man without the chicanes.

Rouen Les Essarts - I like this track but its to tight for a fast car like my gtr:dopey:

Classic Silverstone - Really fun track i did a 3 hour race on this track that to this day is still my favorite race ever.

Last edited:
And gone it is (lap 305, 13th hour)

I noticed the AI car had vanished and first thought, another AI had crashed into it, but then I saw, that the active car counter had been decreased, so the AI car should have been moved to the pits

However, just seconds before, I had removed some cones in the one and only chicane of the track (I do such things during long distance races), which might have triggered some kind of "garbage collection" that took care of the cones and the AI car as well

Indeed, the AI car was in the pits:

1.png

This should conclude the "AI incident" 😄

And gone it is (lap 305, 13th hour)

I noticed the AI car had vanished and first thought, another AI had crashed into it, but then I saw, that the active car counter had been decreased, so the AI car should have been moved to the pits

However, just seconds before, I had removed some cones in the one and only chicane of the track (I do such things during long distance races), which might have triggered some kind of "garbage collection" that took care of the cones and the AI car as well

Indeed, the AI car was in the pits:

View attachment 1192201

This should conclude the "AI incident" 😄
I followed your saga back when you first posted it but I hadn't come back to the thread to see that you gave us a tidy conclusion to the matter.

Thank you

Latest Posts

Back