AI insanely fast on straights! Advice? F1 2015 PS4

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
Fareham, UK
paoloevans
Hi,
I am doing ok with the game. I'm playing on Expert as Felipe Massa and it all seems very realistic in terms of difficulty. My one problem is that on ANY straight the AI is 100 times faster than me! Even with my DRS open the likes of a Sauber will just leave me standing. Is this a bug within the game? Is anyone else having this problem?
Anything I can do? I've tried setting min downforce but didn't help.

Hi,
I am doing ok with the game. I'm playing on Expert as Felipe Massa and it all seems very realistic in terms of difficulty. My one problem is that on ANY straight the AI is 100 times faster than me! Even with my DRS open the likes of a Sauber will just leave me standing. Is this a bug within the game? Is anyone else having this problem?
Anything I can do? I've tried setting min downforce but didn't help.

I had the same problem. I was like what the hell? I'm in a damn Ferrari and I'm getting passed by a sauber! but I found the problem. I assume you're not going into 8th gear much on long straights, right? Basically, you just have to shift earlier. When the gauge turns red, shift, I know it sounds like its not revving enough at that point and CM gives you more revs to play with and that it seems like top power would be at the top, but it isn't. Just shift at the line, get into the habit of doing so and you'll be fine.

The real cars make max power way before the rev limiter. The drivers all shift at 12k, as anything above that is useless due to the fuel flow restrictions. If you rev the engine right up close to the limiter, you're using all 15k rpm, where you should be shifting at or just below 12k. Like @V0RT3X says, shift as soon as the first red shift lights come on.

Back