I've just started playing GT4 which is a bit weird thing to admit in 2007 but after all I only got the PS2 last December which is probably even more weird :-)
anyway, the question is about opponent AI. i've read a number of times that the GT4 AI is dumb (although with my current level of driving I am probably even more dumb). but how good is AI in pure driving, not in duelling? I've won the first two championships in Beginner Events and to do this I had to tune my cars (a concept Pontiac and a Mazda MX-5) heavily (concentrating mostly on engine power). hence I get the feeling that I only beat the AI opponents thanx to my power advantage (although sometimes while chasing I can see myself making huge gains in corners thanx to sliding through them instead of driving cleanly). so what do those of you who has been playing GT4 for years think about the level of AI driving (not fighting) talent? I havent had a race with a completely equal machinery (mine and AI's) and probably there won't be any race in the game where technically it's 100% equal but you certainly have some thoughts on the way an AI drives...
anyway, the question is about opponent AI. i've read a number of times that the GT4 AI is dumb (although with my current level of driving I am probably even more dumb). but how good is AI in pure driving, not in duelling? I've won the first two championships in Beginner Events and to do this I had to tune my cars (a concept Pontiac and a Mazda MX-5) heavily (concentrating mostly on engine power). hence I get the feeling that I only beat the AI opponents thanx to my power advantage (although sometimes while chasing I can see myself making huge gains in corners thanx to sliding through them instead of driving cleanly). so what do those of you who has been playing GT4 for years think about the level of AI driving (not fighting) talent? I havent had a race with a completely equal machinery (mine and AI's) and probably there won't be any race in the game where technically it's 100% equal but you certainly have some thoughts on the way an AI drives...


