AI opponents slower if I use Pro physics?

• Thread starter the.hatter
  • 3 comments
So it seems, based on the online time trial rankings and my own experiences, that professional physics are slower than standard physics. Regardless, I am a driver who prefers professional physics and gets more enjoyment using it.

I'm curious though - if I use pro physics, and say I am lapping 3 seconds slower compared to if I were using standard physics, are my computer opponents lapping 3 seconds slower as well? Is the computer using the same physics choice I make?

I'll test this for myself, but thought there may be members on here who have already figured this out. Thanks!

I have found on S6 and S10 on the S races that they are around the same time.

Thats why I feel,so many people struggle to get gold on those when switching to Pro physics.

I've had some funny AI things today also. The AI seems a lot more sketchier when driving on Professional Physics. I was rolling down the backstretch of the Daytona Road Course in my Honda NSX and I saw a TT and M3 hitting each other into the wall. In the first turn, I saw a Lotus Elise 111R lose control and spin. And in the start of Turn 1, a TVR Tamora lost control, slamming head on into the railing, spinning wildly. Haha of course I'm having fun.

Well I was able to put a bit of science to my question :)

Using a BMW M3, I ran a 10 lap race at Suzuki using standard physics and then pro. Went off a few times, but I never lost it bad enough to ruin the results.

Standard:

1. Honda NSX = 23'43.122
2. Ferrari 512 = 23'58.789
3. Me = 24'03.196

Professional:

1. Honda NSX = 23'47.052
2. Ferrari 512 = 24'16.204
3. Me = 24'27.165

With this small of a sample size, the results don't necessarily confirm what I was hoping (AI slower when you use pro physics), but do tend to point that way. I would really need more testing to say for sure. But I'm not that bored lol. And GT5 is right around the corner!

Comments regardless -

NSX was 0.4 seconds a lap slower on average in the pro race. Seems like there should have been a bigger difference IMO.

Ferrari was 1.7 seconds slower, which seems more reasonable.

I was 2.4 seconds slower. (I do tend to lose it too often in pro if I'm not really concentrating)

On the race - the NSX quickly grabbed the lead and held on in both races. I moved my way up to 2nd during lap 2 (std.) and 4 (pro). The Ferrari caught me during lap 9 (std.) and 7 (pro) and I would mess up and he'd pass me. :yuck:

Back