AI Qualifying times compared to race pace

• Thread starter Paulzx
  • 8 comments
Paulzx
Sorry guys I know this has probably been covered before but I've not had the game very long.

I'm in the early stages of career mode, ai level is set around 84% which seems a competitive race pace for me against them at the moment.

However, when I qualify in the Ginetta or Clio cup, I'm literally last with 1 to 2 seconds off pole. When I do the race I invariably win - from the back, because my pace is a little stronger than the ai. I do not know how I'm not on the pace in quali, unless there is a bug and the quali times of the ai are unbalanced against the race lap times. I would think there have been enough patches by now though if that were the case.

I know about getting the tyres at optimal temps, running fuel low etc, I have some experience from the first game, but I'm really getting nowhere near those ai quali times.

Anyone else seen this or know what the issue is?

Are you on PC or console?
The performance diffence between qualy and race has been toned down a bit (not completely removed) with patch 4 which isn't available on consoles yet.

Yep, same issue, although I haven't played PCars in a while, had it in beginning at 60 AI, still happens with AI anywhere between 105-120, very close in Q then I bolt away, or far behind in quali but I still fight for the win. Also, yeah, AI is inconsistent between cars, in some I can get a pole at 120, in some cars I'm nowhere, while AI is seconds faster than world records.

Are you on PC or console?
The performance diffence between qualy and race has been toned down a bit (not completely removed) with patch 4 which isn't available on consoles yet.

On PS4 so hopefully next patch resolves it then. It's not very realistic is all, considering the ethos of the game etc

yeah the ai is much much better with new update. Ive tried 4 or 5 different careers and within the career i have not had to change the number at all. The ai at COTA may be a bit too fast or its just me not being good at that track.

Came back to PC2 few days ago, while it’s better, I still feel like AI is slow when you’re coming from back of the grid, but ok or even faster (and very consistent) than in Quali when you lead

adb
Came back to PC2 few days ago, while it’s better, I still feel like AI is slow when you’re coming from back of the grid, but ok or even faster (and very consistent) than in Quali when you lead

If you want to imply that there's some kind of rubberbanding implemented, I can assure you that there isn't.
Backmarkers tend to be slower though but it's the same irl.

If you want to imply that there's some kind of rubberbanding implemented, I can assure you that there isn't.
Backmarkers tend to be slower though but it's the same irl.
It may not be major but if you qualify like a second off pole and still can go through the grid, no kamikaze first corners, perform number of clean passes and get back to first place, but you can't get away when you qualified on pole by 0,5-1sec and you can maintain that pace than I think there may be some sort of rubberbanding, but nothing major.
But as I said it may just feel like this, just my impression after getting back on Pcars2

Back