AI should be DQ-ed

• Thread starter m76
  • 27 comments

m76

Hungary
Hungary
I'm pretty sure the AI is deliberately blocking me. When you approach them from behind they will move in front of you, or worse to the center of the track completely blocking overtaking. This is especially egregious on the nordschleife, it being such a narrow track. I've been trying to complete the porsche cup race, but I'm constantly getting punted by the AI. There is a gap, and then the AI will move to close it which often results in forcing me off the track, or worse crashing into me. I haven't even made it halfway around the track once. And of course there is no time to slow down I need to overtake them immediately due to the chase the rabbit racing.

I feel like driving an obstacle course, not real racing.

They are a menace, I don't remember them being so annoying in previous games. I don't race online because I hate dealing with idiots, but now they made the AI act like idiots.

what difficulty are you on? some people who have varied the setting report more aggressive behaviour on hard. I’ve always been on hard, and the Ai is always unpredictable in close quarters

Last edited:
I used a de-tuned RSR for that particular race. I was having the trouble you are, OP. I got tired of it, jumped into the RSR, de-tuned it enough to get within specs, then easily won the race. And I don't feel bad, at all.

If that race was 2 laps instead of 1, I'd have been OK with it in a "normal" 911. I was catching up to the leader towards the end of the back straight, but could never really catch them before the final turns. Or I'd get hit and spun, making all the effort to catch him before that, null and void.

It's because they increased the level of rubber banding without actually improving the AI. The AI has always been awful, but now they're forcing them to go faster.
They are the exact opposite of fast and they change racing lines unpredictably multiple times within the same straight, I can't always avoid a crash due to the speed difference.

I used a de-tuned RSR for that particular race. I was having the trouble you are, OP. I got tired of it, jumped into the RSR, de-tuned it enough to get within specs, then easily won the race. And I don't feel bad, at all.

If that race was 2 laps instead of 1, I'd have been OK with it in a "normal" 911. I was catching up to the leader towards the end of the back straight, but could never really catch them before the final turns. Or I'd get hit and spun, making all the effort to catch him before that, null and void.
I think my problem is that my car is actually too fast, I don't even know if I'd catch the leader, as I'm getting punted long before I'd reach that part. When I was using a slower car I could finish the race, but only got 3rd.

what difficulty are you on? some people who have varied the setting report more aggressive behaviour on hard. I’ve always been on hard, and the Ai is always unpredictable in close quarters
I'm on hard, and they are not aggressive, they are outright crazy, they try to pit me all the time, turning into corners like I'm not even there.

Last edited:
I’ve been doing the GR Cup Gr.3 730 PP races and at Suzuka I was getting thrown all over the place. After a couple of days trying I just decided to out-AI the AI and started plowing them out of my way so I could catch the leader. And if I got around him cleanly, then he’d punt me before I could claim first. So I had to start knocking them off the track as I passed them just to finish first. It’s horrible, but I can’t find any other way.

I complained about this elsewhere regarding that stupid training video in Sport mode. Why bother if you’re actually conditioning new racers like me to drive like the AI in solo play?!

Last edited:
I’ve been doing the GR Cup Gr.3 730 PP races and at Suzuka I was getting thrown all over the place. After a couple of days trying I just decided to out-AI the AI and started plowing them out of my way so I could catch the leader. And if I got around him cleanly, then he’d punt me before I could claim first. So I had to start knocking them off the track as I passed them just to finish first. It’s horrible, but I can’t find any other way.

I complained about this elsewhere regarding that stupid training video in Sport mode. Why bother if you’re actually conditioning new racers like me to drive like the AI in solo play?!
That's another race with which I'm having issues, too. And I'm having to do the exact same thing you did. I had it won, yesterday. But a stupid mistake by me caused me to spin on the final lap. And I was only about 3 seconds ahead of 2nd, so I obviously got passed pretty quickly. I got frustrated and turned the game off.....it was late, anyway (past midnight).

The AI is the reason why its so hard to get a clean race bonus. Just when I think I'm giving them enough track space with just two wheels on the track and the other two off track the AI still manages to hit me. I try to give them space and they ram me anyway. Worse of all is theyre glued to the track. Its as if they weigh 1000 ton compared to my car.

I won one of the 1 hour races in human comedy and I was sure I done a clean race but I didn't get the bonus. I must have barely touched an AI car. Then I completely forgot you can only win onxce and I spent two and a half days trying over and over again to win the race cleanly. After getting it twoce with 0 credits I realised my utter stupidity

Last edited:
I won one of the 1 hour races in human comedy and I was sure I done a clean race but I didn't get the bonus. I must have barely touched an AI car. Then I completely forgot you can only win onxce and I spent two and a half days trying over and over again to win the race cleanly. After getting it twoce with 0 credits I realised my utter stupidity
Mission races don't offer clean bonuses.

Just posted a video of me being blatantly pitted, when I was P1, on the last lap. AI won’t hesitate to run you off the road. It could be the programming for AI to be on the racing line in certain situations. Their “physical” bodies are built like tanks.

Just posted a video of me being blatantly pitted, when I was P1, on the last lap. AI won’t hesitate to run you off the road. It could be the programming for AI to be on the racing line in certain situations. Their “physical” bodies are built like tanks.
The AI taps me, I fly off the road. I tap the AI? I fly off the road! There is no (road) justice!

The AI taps me, I fly off the road. I tap the AI? I fly off the road! There is no (road) justice!
I was able to make the ai go off the road once or twice, but it takes deliberately not braking and flying into them at max speed.

Last edited:
I just did a custom 30 minute race at Le Mans using the 962c on pro difficulty for a challenge. I got into 1st surprisingly easily with another 962c now in 2nd and a 787b in 3rd. When the other 962c pitted in there was 17 seconds between us, meaning even more of a gap to the 787b. By the end of the lap the 787b was on my tail and then proceeded to nearly totally cut the 2 chicanes at the end of the lap to the point of taking itself into the gravel trap on the left just before the start finish line. It recovered from that like it was on tarmac and then proceeded to do exactly the same at the Dunlop bridge. When we pitted in i was shocked to see he was on hard tyres with over 20 litres left compared to me on softs with 1 litre left. The way this game reacts is an utter farce. They have the sheer nerve to call it The Real Driving Simulator. It's like no one at PD has ever seen an actual race in real life but sadly we know that's not true.

. They have the sheer nerve to call it The Real Driving Simulator. It's like no one at PD has ever seen an actual race in real life but sadly we know that's not true.
Seriously. If I’m leading by 30 seconds with one lap left I feel like I ought to be able to cruise, but nope, P2 teleported in order to punt me into oblivion. Or if I’m catching up to the leader, back by 3 seconds and running my best lap yet, he magically sets the fastest lap by an unbelievable margin in order to stay out of reach.

There’s nothing “real” about any of this. I can’t even depend on tuning and PP capped races because that whole system is too flawed. BoP races online are one-make meta-car jokes. The list goes on. I’m in love with hating this game, so I’ll keep playing, but as my first racing “sim” I’m seriously disappointed. I dropped so much money on a wheel and rig and now I’m already wondering when someone else will release a “realer” real racing sim…

Last edited:
Yeah it's funny, I'm catching up to the AI 5 seconds / lap, but after overtaking 1st on lap 3 of 5, suddenly he is not just matching my speed, but sets the fastest lap and when I make the tiniest of mistakes I'm instantly punted into oblivion.

Last edited:
Mission races don't offer clean bonuses.
Mission races do offer clean race bonuses. If you win the Human Comedy races with a clean race bonus you receive 1.2 million credits instead of 550,000 credits. I know because I've won most of them with a clean race bonus

Mission races do offer clean race bonuses. If you win the Human Comedy races with a clean race bonus you receive 1.2 million credits instead of 550,000 credits. I know because I've won most of them with a clean race bonus
What you're seeing is the cumulative payout of gold (500,000 Cr.), silver (400,000 Cr.) and bronze (300,000 Cr.), which is the standard payout procedure for missions, licenses and circuit experiences.

What you're seeing is the cumulative payout of gold (500,000 Cr.), silver (400,000 Cr.) and bronze (300,000 Cr.), which is the standard payout procedure for missions, licenses and circuit experiences.
No its not. It clearly says Clean Race in Blue text at the end of the race. After lapping the other cars in the race I mentioned I recieved 550,000 credits in all the other racew where it said Clean Race I received 1.2 million credits. If it was the way you just pointed out I would have receeved the 1.2 credites for winning the Kyoto Human comedy race becase I won the race as in I got 1st place by 12 seconds but I only received 550,000 credits

No its not. It clearly says Clean Race in Blue text at the end of the race. After lapping the other cars in the race I mentioned I recieved 550,000 credits in all the other racew where it said Clean Race I received 1.2 million credits. If it was the way you just pointed out I would have receeved the 1.2 credites for winning the Kyoto Human comedy race becase I won the race as in I got 1st place by 12 seconds but I only received 550,000 credits
Give me a screenshot, and if your base payout was 550,000 Cr. (which is an impossibility given the 500,000/400,000/300,000 Cr. payout structure) for a mission race, a 50% clean bonus would have given you 825,000 Cr., not 1,200,000 Cr.

Speaking of screenshots, here's the race intro screen for the Tsukuba Circuit One Hour challenge. Do note the payouts in the rewards, none of which says 550,000 Cr., and which sum up to 1,200,000 Cr.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220503070729.jpg

It clearly says Clean Race in Blue text at the end of the race.
Yes, but you get nothing for it.
If it was the way you just pointed out I would have receeved the 1.2 credites for winning the Kyoto Human comedy race becase I won the race as in I got 1st place by 12 seconds but I only received 550,000 credits
Had you already finished 2nd or below previously?

Give me a screenshot, and if your base payout was 550,000 Cr. (which is an impossibility given the 500,000/400,000/300,000 Cr. payout structure) for a mission race, a 50% clean bonus would have given you 825,000 Cr., not 1,200,000 Cr.

Speaking of screenshots, here's the race intro screen for the Tsukuba Circuit One Hour challenge. Do note the payouts in the rewards, none of which says 550,000 Cr., and which sum up to 1,200,000 Cr.
How exactly do you expect me to give you a screenshot when you can only win the gold credits once? Also I said the KYOTO race in Human Comedy in Missions. I was Mistaken it was 500,000 credits I won. If I win the race again I get 0 Credits so theres no way of taking a screenshot. As I said I won by 12 seconds and I did not receive 1.2 million credits. Every other race I won in missions said Clean Race with a 1.2 million credits payout.

Wait for Lebowski to react with the laugh emoji 🤣😂

Last edited:
I am with eggstor on this one. If you win silver first try and second try win gold, you will only get 500k for the win because you’ve already been paid the bronze and silver award.

How exactly do you expect me to give you a screenshot when you can only win the gold credits once? Also I said the KYOTO race in Human Comedy in Missions. I was Mistaken it was 500,000 credits I won. If I win the race again I get 0 Credits so theres no way of taking a screenshot. As I said I won by 12 seconds and I did not receive 1.2 million credits. Every other race I won in missions said Clean Race with a 1.2 million credits payout.

Wait for Lebowski to react with the laugh emoji 🤣😂

No CRB, but they got 1.2M. Because as said, that is the Bronze + Silver + Gold all at once.

Allow me to give you some screenshots from Calem MrNazreenn's 1st-time golding of Lake Maggiore:

The race intro screen before the start of the race (note the lack of highlighted checkmarks in the payout section)
Calem MrNazreenn Lake Maggiore Start.png

The race intro screen after the end of the race (note the highlighted checkmarks in the payout section)
Calem MrNazreenn Lake Maggiore End.png

The payout screen (note that it is 1,200,000 Cr, which is the sum of the 500,000 Cr. for getting gold, 400,000 Cr. for getting silver, and 300,000 Cr. for getting bronze, and also note the lack of any clean race bonus, much less the entirely mythical 120% 140% bonus)
Calem MrNazreenn Lake Maggiore Payout.png

Edit - I was a bit too harsh at the beginning. I apologize for offending anybody.

Last edited:
Allow me to give you some screenshots from Calem MrNazreenn's 1st-time golding of Lake Maggiore:

The race intro screen before the start of the race (note the lack of highlighted checkmarks in the payout section)
View attachment 1145902

The race intro screen after the end of the race (note the highlighted checkmarks in the payout section)
View attachment 1145903

The payout screen (note that it is 1,200,000 Cr, which is the sum of the 500,000 Cr. for getting gold, 400,000 Cr. for getting silver, and 300,000 Cr. for getting bronze, and also note the lack of any clean race bonus, much less the entirely mythical 120% 140% bonus)
View attachment 1145906

Edit - I was a bit too harsh at the beginning. I apologize for offending anybody.
I admit I was wrong. I have seen the Clean Race thing on the end of most of those races without the clean race bonus. Sorry I don't browse this forum every day but I watched SUPER GT a few dayus ago and I saw him doing those human comedy races getting 1.2 million credits without the clean race

But other than that some high paying races its very difficult to get a clean race bonus because the AI are on a set path and 90% of the time they don't care if you crashed , if you're in front or beside them. They won't give you an inch of space forcing you off track or plowing straight into you like a freight train and they can push you along the track as if you aren't even there. Not only that but if you hit them they barely budge as if they weigh ten times the weight of your own car

Last edited:
Back