AI sucks / is slow in GT4P

• Thread starter Greyout
  • 19 comments
anyone else notice how the AI in GT4P sucks?

They bump and hit eachother on straight aways, they don't think twice about running you off the road (even on a long straight, like the front straight of Fuji)... but worst of all, they are SLOW in the corners! Even in Pro!

I somehow can't quite see a stock Type R needing to loaf around a corner at 7/10ths speed to keep from running into the back of a lotus 190, and yet this is often the case in the game.

Yes, AI is not very well done in Prologue. Just wait until final version, it should be much improved. I haven't experienced being run off the road though, they are not aggresive at all.

When I go to Fuji Speedway and race the 240Z I can lap the Datsun Bluebird 1600(P510) The AI shouldn't be THAT slow.Can anyone else do that? :odd:

As far as i'm concerned they can drop the online mode and the game will be the same, if not better for me. I'll never be able to afford to go online with my PS2 so online games/modes are a bit pointless to me.

:cool:

The main reason i'll be buying this game is to be able to race Online.But whatever happens i''ll be getting it anyway.

Yeah it would still be a great game, but a game gets much better when you play online, selfish you Mustang lol.

Playing online is the best bonus, can easily afford 30 bucks a month (for ISP) and a once payment of 40 bucks for the netword adapter.
Oh cant wait

Does anyone have an idea if there is going to be a monthly charge for online play of GT 4, like for xbox live or like massively multiplexer games for the pc? :confused:

I really wish AI will be improved and car collisions will be more realistic...

these are the only things I wait for in GT4... (with more real tracks in fact !! ) If they do not improve that, GT4 will disappoint alot of people !!

Originally posted by JorgeGT
Does anyone have an idea if there is going to be a monthly charge for online play of GT 4, like for xbox live or like massively multiplexer games for the pc? :confused:
I higly doubt that will happen, one of the key advantages the PS2 has over XB is free multiplayer (except for FF Online). But if they do decide to charge a fee, PD will have hordes of angry racers on their hands.

You will probably need to pay your ISP a little extra though, speaking of ISP's theres a company called UK Fast networks which offer great service, not sure if they offer a pack for PS2 yet though, the prices are compettitive and they are never down.

I play my xbox free online :) xbox connect. 8 player pgr2, yeeeeee hawwwww! Online racing does kick ass indeed, 8 saleens on the nurb, a site to behold *wipes a tear from eye* Heck even non online games work with it, ie Halo. Well worth downloading people :)

I think online racing on GT4 will be superb, just to test cars against each other etc, as they will be so accurate :). Testing your tuned car against some one else's tuned car, is it me or is that just fricking cool? Awww I can't wait, shame I'll have to buy a network adaptor :( pah! Should be included in it. :(

You dont have to pay at anything extra to your ISP if you use the Ps2. The isps just takes advantages of dumb people who cant set up their own network.

Back