Album covers featuring old paintings/sculptures?Music 

  • Thread starter Thread starter under18carbon
  • 2 comments
  • 4,276 views
Messages
3,692
I'm looking for album covers which feature any old paintings (preferabbly before 1970's - the paintings) or sculptures/statues on them?

So far I've only managed to get 4, and Shannon helped me get another 2.

Black Sabbath - The Last Supper (The Last Supper.. of course)
t04645e60q7.jpg


Spinal Tap - Intravenous de Milo (Venus de Milo)
IntravenusdeMilo.jpg


Tenacious D - The Pick of Destiny (The Creation of Adam)
5985712.jpg


Metallica - ...And Justice For All (Statue of Justice)
justice2.jpg


Arch Enemy - Burning Bridges (Any ideas?)
2416.gif


God Forbid - IV: Constitution Of Treason (Statue of Liberty)
God_Forbid_-_IV_-_Constitution_of_Treason_cover.jpg


I'd appreciate any help on this! Thank you!
 
Does this count?
Iron Maiden - Powerslave (Egyptian Pyramid and sculptures)
 
I think I should've been more specific, I meant as in featuring old paintings/sculptures by famous artists (dA Vinci, Michelangelo, etc.) but not necessarily something that old, as long as its done before 1970s. Anything after that will be fine too. I'll need to do some research on the painting/sculpture on the album cover, so if its known by many, the better. I hope I described it right though, sorry if I confused you even more. :guilty:

Here are three more that I've managed to find :

In Flames - Clayman (Vitruvian Man)
In%20Flames%20-%20Clayman.jpg


Skeletons From The Closet : The Best of Grateful Dead (partly showing The Birth of Venus)
GD-SftC.jpg


Van Halen - 5150 (loosely based on Statue of Atlas?)
vh5150-thumb.jpg
 
Back