- 5,579

- Vic, Australia
- gundalini
Ok this idea sprung to mind while I was looking through my collection tonight to listen to something while I was preparing dinner.
Over the years I've collected hundreds of cd's and lp's, some great some absolute rubbish. Within that collection it varies from easy listening all the way to death metal with pretty much everything in between except hip hop/rap. (Just not my taste)
This doesn't have to be a Rolling Stone top 100 albums type list, just more to show the personal tastes of GTP. We all listen to different stuff whether it influenced you somehow or it's some early memories of your music history. It doesn't matter, it's just your opinion of albums you think everyone should own.
Anyway I'll kick it off with three from my collection. I can think of many more but this will do to start.
Beatles Blue Album.
While I'm not a huge fan of The Beatles this one is probably my earliest memory of music. I can remember my father playing this in the late 70's.
To this day I'll still give this album a listen.
Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon.
Self explanatory this one IMO. If you haven't got this you should. At an absolute minimum you should have listened to this uninterrupted.
Nirvana Nevermind.
Nirvana's Nevermind ushered in a new genre into the mainstream. Popularising the "Seattle Sound". This album changed the sort of music I would listen to in the nineties.
Anyway add and discuss as you please, just remember there can be no definitive list it's all just personal taste. Happy listening.
Cheers Shaun.
Over the years I've collected hundreds of cd's and lp's, some great some absolute rubbish. Within that collection it varies from easy listening all the way to death metal with pretty much everything in between except hip hop/rap. (Just not my taste)
This doesn't have to be a Rolling Stone top 100 albums type list, just more to show the personal tastes of GTP. We all listen to different stuff whether it influenced you somehow or it's some early memories of your music history. It doesn't matter, it's just your opinion of albums you think everyone should own.
Anyway I'll kick it off with three from my collection. I can think of many more but this will do to start.
Beatles Blue Album.
While I'm not a huge fan of The Beatles this one is probably my earliest memory of music. I can remember my father playing this in the late 70's.
To this day I'll still give this album a listen.
Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon.
Self explanatory this one IMO. If you haven't got this you should. At an absolute minimum you should have listened to this uninterrupted.
Nirvana Nevermind.
Nirvana's Nevermind ushered in a new genre into the mainstream. Popularising the "Seattle Sound". This album changed the sort of music I would listen to in the nineties.
Anyway add and discuss as you please, just remember there can be no definitive list it's all just personal taste. Happy listening.
Cheers Shaun.


