Alex's car reviews

  • Thread starter Thread starter alexlam24
  • 28 comments
  • 2,237 views

alexlam24

(Banned)
Messages
1,136
Hong Kong
Pa/ America
Messages
alexlam24
Well this is my first post so here goes with my first car

Ferrari 458 Italia

Looks: well it looks great. The front is amazing

Handling: not exactly the best car there is. Doesn't do well at high speeds and lacks cornering stability

Acceleration: it's good, but 1st gear is a little bit too short so it's hard to launch the car without skill

Is it worth it? Well for the same price you can get a SLS which has even more power and torque and handles even better. It has a couple flaws such as ultra short gearing, unstable at high speeds and will get like to drift it's little pony tail, not great if you're racing

Verdict: overall it's a great car, but Ferrari still needs to perfect some things. Things that the NSX had perfected 20 years ago. You also need to go all the way up to the top of the rev limit to get the full power. Even with the couple of flaws, if tuned to the novitec rosso specs it does great. The engine sounds good, it'll make you happy and lastly, at the end of the day it's still a Ferrari.

Any constructive criticism is welcome.
 
Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo Stradale

Its like every other Lamborghini out there. It looks like a space ship, makes a sound like a space ship and would probably be the first car aliens would drive if they were to come here to Earth.

Looks: Everything on the car is functional. The rear spoiler for example provides 3x more downforce than on the Superleggera.

Handling: It corners a lot better than the Superleggera as it doesn't oversteer as much anymore. Its grips, something unheard of in a Lamborghini. Although I haven't done any time attacks yet, it does have better handling

Acceleration: if you launch the car properly (build revs up to 5000rpm, release brake, shift like crazy) it can go with a slight chirp. The transmission shifts pretty good and it gets max power earlier than other cars, which is good.

Is it worth it?: Well its a replica, but it is one of the best handling Lamborghini's in the game. All you need to install is a body kit, wheels, oil change, couple parts and a weight reduction. The revised drivetrain now acts more like a 4wd than a MR car.

Verdict: Its a fun car to drive. It doesn't try to kill you like in other Lambo's and if you feel like it, you can get it to go sideways easily. The red paint job is by far the best looking and the amount of grip is amazing.

Rating 9/10

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=481607981860658&set=a.475536322467824.105589.264728513548607&type=1&theater
 
I don't know if it's polite to argue with your review opinions, but after I read the first review I no joke thought you were being sarcastic...

The 458 handles 5168434681461x better than an SLS. Like seriously. It's widely regarded as one of the best handling cars of all time, whereas the SLS is known for being a fat, slidey GT car.

I mean, really, you are comparing two cars in different classes and then saying that one is better than the best of another class. If that doesn't make sense, let me put it like this. That would be like saying Tim Howard (a goalie whose is pretty good) is a better striker than Lionel Messi (the best striker in the world). Not only is Tim Howard not even a striker, but even if he was he wouldn't be near as good as Messi. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I know I'm just rambling, but it's late haha. I just had a "lol wut?" moment when I read the first review.

Review's overall are pretty good. I like that you cover a lot but do it in a very short and sweet manner. 👍

/rant
 
Goshin2568
I don't know if it's polite to argue with your review opinions, but after I read the first review I no joke thought you were being sarcastic...

The 458 handles 5168434681461x better than an SLS. Like seriously. It's widely regarded as one of the best handling cars of all time, whereas the SLS is known for being a fat, slidey GT car.

I mean, really, you are comparing two cars in different classes and then saying that one is better than the best of another class. If that doesn't make sense, let me put it like this. That would be like saying Tim Howard (a goalie whose is pretty good) is a better striker than Lionel Messi (the best striker in the world). Not only is Tim Howard not even a striker, but even if he was he wouldn't be near as good as Messi. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I know I'm just rambling, but it's late haha. I just had a "lol wut?" moment when I read the first review.

Review's overall are pretty good. I like that you cover a lot but do it in a very short and sweet manner. 👍

/rant

Meh, everyone has a different driving style. Thanks for the help
 
Haha good answer. I didn't really think about that. Some people might have a driving style that doesn't fit the 458. I can respect that.
 
Goshin2568
Haha good answer. I didn't really think about that. Some people might have a driving style that doesn't fit the 458. I can respect that.

What car do you want me to review tomorrow?
 
The pagani Zonda C12s 7.3.
 
It's a good start, and I hope you don't give up. I did a similar thing a year ago and gave up on it... :indiff:
I'd like to see you go more in depth on your opinions. Don't just say it handles good, but explain why it handles good. Does it handle well thanks to grip, or is it easy to drive, or is it responsive? I'd also like to see pictures included with the reviews, not just links; they go a long way to spice up the review itself.


You should review a Mini.
 
Why not have a go at some Cars of the Week? A bit of fun and some cars you may not have thought about driving.

Threads are in the Q and A forum - if you do a search you can find some older ones.
 
99999Evolution
Supra can turn :)
Just a need a proper Driver

Supra

It'll turn and go fast. Pixelation ftw
 
Nice review alex, keeping it short and sweet I see..

Click the Stock -vs- Tuned link in my signature to read my reviews :)
 
Zonda c12s 7.3 spins out at every corner with assists off.
 
Gotbeefboy564
Zonda c12s 7.3 spins out at every corner with assists off.

Drift skills always work
 
Spirithockey61
Fast in straight line, cannot turn. Review done LOL

That's a review for the veyron
 
Yeah I can keep the zonda in control but I mostly cruise with it.
 
McClarenDesign
Alex, I think you'd enjoy the Car of the Week thread in the Q&A section. Check it out.

Ok thanks
 
Gotbeefboy564
Yeah I can keep the zonda in control but I mostly cruise with it.

I could beat 6:47 in a zonda r with racing softs on
 
Review race cars like comparisions maybe with pros and cons. :)

Example: Subaru TC vs Evo TC or something like that.
 
Honda civic type r (FD2)

People say its one of the best handling cars in the world. They say its supposed to be like a fr car. Is it?

Looks: well it looks very good. Unlike other cars this car looks good without trying to. It does it with ease

Handling: it does what you tell it to do. It handles like a fr car, but only to a limit. If you push it too hard, it does what the laws of psychics makes it do which is understeer. Unless you are pushing it really hard, it is obedient most of the time

Acceleration: now this is a part where pretty much every Japanese car in the world has suffered from. It lacks power and acceleration. On the corners it might be able to catch up, but once on a straight it's bye bye civic. You might say it's because of GT5, but even in real life it does the same. On best motoring it got killed by the Renault megane

Verdict: it's a good car overall, but it still suffers from lack of power and torque. The K20 engine has been tuned to the max. If you take the car to a technical track like tsukuba or Suzuka, it will perform great, but a track like Monza means bye bye Honda. It handles great, but if it had a bit more power it would be better

Rating 9/10

Pros: great handling, if tuned it will keep up with a GTR or Evo. Fun to drive

Cons: you have to drive the car like a maniac to get all the power out. Not so good on the straight.
 
Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR 7o7 Edition by Wheelsandmore

Its got 707 HP, it will smoke a Enzo and its pretty darn good looking.

Looks: Black on black paint job, the front lip. It all sums up to look very good. On the inside you have a big tachometer and speedometer. The car is made partly for the driver. Even though it weighs quite a lot, it doesn't feel like it. It will drift on command and grip like a plunger on glass.

Handling: This car is basically a GTR with a supercharger. It handles like a British fighter jet(except this isn't fighting Germany). It is very neutral around a corner. It doesn't move too much. Now for going into a corner, its got more brake feel than a Enzo, it has the rear airbrake to let people know you're making the brakes catch fire and stops pretty well.

Acceleration: You've got 707HP, more than enough torque and the ability to make more smoke than Bob Marley. Its amazing what a car of this size is able to do. You do have to launch in 2nd gear or else you'll just spend a year hitting the limiter. It'll top out at around 211mph, which is pretty amazing.

Verdict: Great car all around, but there are a couple flaws. One for instance is the weight of the car. Even though it is agile and quick, if you slam on the brakes a bit too much, you will see some tire wear happen. Also the car doesn't do well in tight corners. If you want to go around a hairpin or chicane, prepare to either understeer or scream power while going thorugh. Overall its a good car, but it feels like it could use some weight reduction. Its great around a track, the engine makes you feel like God and its easy to control a spin.

Rating 8/10

Pros: Looks good, handles good, and will break your neck if needed.

Cons: Weighs a lot, needs more gears, and ERMAHGERD GEERS!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=476945232326933&set=pb.264728513548607.-2207520000.1349135898&type=1&theater
 
Aston Martin V12 Vantage

Active exhausts, a 6.0 L V12 engine and a manual gearbox. Probably better than spending a night with a adult film star

Looks: Like pretty much every other Aston, well besides the Lagonda, it looks beautiful. Its a work of art and will pretty much get half the towns attention. It look great just standing, let alone driving.

Handling: Short wheelbase, V12 engine, short gear ratios. Its great around corners. It feels like a lightweight boxer. It does what you tell it to do, not what the car tells you to do. This car will get sideways in 1st and 2nd gear, but from there on it grips.

Acceleration: Accelerates pretty well, 4.2 seconds is decent for a manual. First gear could be slightly longer since it does get some unwanted wheelspin there, but overall its good.

Verdict: Great car all around. The active exhausts allow you to enjoy the engine, without enjoying a ticket. The only thing wrong with it is it can't look any better. That and if you plan to race this thing, you're gonna have a bad time. It certainly won't be a killer on the track because (a. Its a manual (b. its got two kinds of traction control, on and off or (c. there's going to be a idiot in a Ferrari showing off his 100 way traction control that can go around a corner .0000000000000002 seconds faster than your car.

Rating 9.5/10

Pros: Engine noise, manual, good looks, its British so you'll get a lifetime supply of HP Sauce

Cons: Not great around a track, needs a bit more power, lack of downforce

Photo Below

http://goo.gl/NrWgY
 
Back