Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA 0-1000m time

• Thread starter Ryan81
  • 6 comments
Ok, I understand that EPR and GT4 are two different games created by different programmers, etc. However, both swear on the accuracy of their cars, courses, etc, how they are "true driving simulators" and so on. I would agree that both games are realistic in terms of the cars' physics, acceleration, etc.

I was amazed when I tested the Peugeot 106 S16 on EPR and got a time of 30.912 for the 0-1000m sprint. It was within 100ths of a second on GT4's time for the same car (GT4 recorded a time of just under 31 seconds, too) Most other cars are very close, too.

However, the Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA records a time of just over 29 seconds in EPR and about 30.5 in GT4. Now, one and half seconds is pretty significant. To me, 29 seconds seems too fast for a car with 115bhp. The GT4 figure seems a lot truer. Any ideas on this?

I doubt it is actually too terribly off. The Peugeot 106 S16 weighs roughly the same and has about the same power, and the Giulia Sprint has a better drivetrain configuration. I'd say they would be about the same.
As to whether EPR or GT4 is more accurate, I dunno.

I doubt it is actually too terribly off. The Peugeot 106 S16 weighs roughly the same and has about the same power, and the Giulia Sprint has a better drivetrain configuration. I'd say they would be about the same.
As to whether EPR or GT4 is more accurate, I dunno.

Agreed. That's why I think GT4's time in this respect may well be a truer time than EPR's.

It's easier to launch an FR car than an FF.
However, back in the Sixties when the Giulia was released, it probably ran on much skinnier tyres than the more modern Pug is equipped with.
More rubber on road = better traction.
Modern day FF with modern lower-profile tyres >/= Older FR on skinny high-profile tyres.

In this respect GT4 may be closer to the truth as far as taking into account the relative grip levels (even if the GT4 tyre models are not fundamentally accurate) than Enthusia is.
Having never played Enthusia though I'm not very qualified to comment with absolute certainty. ;)

It's easier to launch an FR car than an FF.
However, back in the Sixties when the Giulia was released, it probably ran on much skinnier tyres than the more modern Pug is equipped with.
More rubber on road = better traction.
Modern day FF with modern lower-profile tyres >/= Older FR on skinny high-profile tyres.

In this respect GT4 may be closer to the truth as far as taking into account the relative grip levels (even if the GT4 tyre models are not fundamentally accurate) than Enthusia is.
Having never played Enthusia though I'm not very qualified to comment with absolute certainty. ;)

So what are you waiting for?? Get it and play! :D

Ok, I understand that EPR and GT4 are two different games created by different programmers, etc. However, both swear on the accuracy of their cars, courses, etc, how they are "true driving simulators" and so on. I would agree that both games are realistic in terms of the cars' physics, acceleration, etc.

I was amazed when I tested the Peugeot 106 S16 on EPR and got a time of 30.912 for the 0-1000m sprint. It was within 100ths of a second on GT4's time for the same car (GT4 recorded a time of just under 31 seconds, too) Most other cars are very close, too.

However, the Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA records a time of just over 29 seconds in EPR and about 30.5 in GT4. Now, one and half seconds is pretty significant. To me, 29 seconds seems too fast for a car with 115bhp. The GT4 figure seems a lot truer. Any ideas on this?

actually....GT4 really sucks with the monaro's and gto's.

they should be low 13 sec cars, and even with good tires have troubles running low 14's. thats one of the lamest parts. i love both of those cars, but are poorly developed, so i dont really get to drive them like real life

actually....GT4 really sucks with the monaro's and gto's.

they should be low 134 sec cars, and even with good tires have troubles running low 14's. thats one of the lamest parts. i love both of those cars, but are poorly developed, so i dont really get to drive them like real life

I can't remember the GTO's 1000m sprint (if I've even tested it yet) but the Monaro CV8 got just over 25 secs in a 0-1000m sprint (I THINK but don't quote me on that just yet :D ) which seems pretty reasonable to me. They are quite heavy cars and probably don't shift quite as nippy as lighter cars with similar horsepower.

I mean to say, the Vauxhall VX220 Turbo has 197bhp but it will have many cars with a lot more hp for breakfast on a 1000m sprint, simply because it is so light and aerodynamic (plus the turbo, of course)

But I'll get back to you on the GTO's and Monaro's 1000m time.

Back