Alfa Romeo 155 V6 tii's exhaust flames

  • Thread starter Thread starter rsuguita
  • 9 comments
  • 1,984 views
Messages
22
Messages
rsuguita
Hi there guys, I'm sorry if this is a dumb question but I searched for 5 weeks for a 155 V6 tii to show up in the used car dealer and now I bought it, I overhauled the engine and changed the oil, got excited just to see this monster throwing flames from its 4 way exhaust, thought it was going to be even greater than GT4 but it just doesn't thrown 1 single flame since I'm driving it... Was it because of the overhaul or nothing to do with it?
 
it should shoot flames, try blipping the throttle on and off just above idle.
 
yeah it should, I mean, straight pipes and fully racing engines... going to try this tomorrow... my big question though is if the engine overhaul makes powerful racing engines stop shooting flames while some mileage is not achieved...
 
Look for it in downshifts.
 
I'm not familiar with this car. Is it a full racing car, or just a regular passenger car? In GT4, I know flames only showed up if you installed one of the aftermarket exhausts on a passenger car, or drove a full racing car. I've never really paid attention how this works in GT5, though.
 
It's a 100% racing car.
They use the shell of a road car, but even that shell is heavily modified.
Kind of like a NASCAR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMsOOwGzk1E

I think the 155DTM does not display exhaust flames because of the direction it should be spraying the flames.
I think, simply put, that PD can make flames appear in a horizontal drawing plane, but not in a vertical drawing plane as it would require with the 155DTM.
Making an exception for 1 car would take too much time?


Also a little DTM note:
'Back in the days' it was Mercedes vs Alfa. Super close racing, cars were still made of metal, people could still wheelbang without getting some sort of stupid drive through penalty..

What the Mercedes drivers would do is: bump the Alfa's in their rear end.
Mercedes even made a special front bumper for this purpose.
The aim of bumping in the the rear of the Alfa's a bit, was to bump hard enough to actually close off the exhaust, you know like squashing a metal can :D
With the exhaust rammed shut, or at least 'made smaller openings' the Alfa's would loose engine power hence get slower.

Alfa responded by making an undertray sticking waaayyy out of the back of the Alfa, so that Mercedes' trying to push the exhaust closed would hit the metal bars under the Alfa, ripping the front tires of the Mercedes :D


Hahaha good times, good times.
Now they get a drive through for even looking to eachother in the wrong way.
Bah :(

Golden years:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw-AxiVqihM
*also note how they drive over the Nordschleife
 
Last edited:
Have you tried running for a few laps/minutes? Sometimes it takes a bit longer for the flame to throw out since the engine isn't warmed up (if that make sense) or maybe its just a glitch. Either that or try upshifting/downshifting often or rev the engine for the flame to come out. 👍
 
Merquise, that's some cool facts I didn't know about hahahaha it makes total sense to bump Alfa's exhaust, this would be one exotic thing to look back in the gold days! For the flame's plane thing you said its not very hard to make an excerption for one car to throw flames upward as they did in GT4 ( I know GT5 proportion is immensely higher but I also know this car would not be missed in this detail by the producers anyway...)

Muzzafar, I already drove it for 10 laps in 24hrs La Sarthe and got nothing of flames... I'm starting to think after an engine overhaul it will take you a long long way for the car to spit flames again, will have to wear the engine a little bit off again... Or my 155 is just glitched =\

But anyways, thanks for the attention and support guys!
 
all cars do it its just really hard sometimes.

try sitting there and revving it to different rpms and dropping it back to different rpms before revving it again. blips.
 
Back