Alfa Romeo 156 Crosswagon Q4 2004

• Thread starter LJ12
  • 6 comments
Norway
Bergen (GMT +2)
LAMBOKID12
Alfa Romeo is a brand you relate to with gorgeously styled coupés, beautiful sedans, stunning convertibles, and highly potent sportscars. In 2004 however, Alfa Romeo launched the 156 crosswagon. Now you could purchase an estate, with a diesel engine, 4WD and high ground clearance, with an Alfa Romeo badge. Wait, what did I read?

However, the crosswagon became quite popular, belive it or not. The fact that Alfa Romeo made an estate with many traits simular to the Audi A6 Allroad, Volvo XC70, and the Subaru Legacy Outback, at a lower price, was something a lot of families was looking for. In Norway for example, the 156 Crosswagon boosted sales of Alfa Romeo`s signifigantly.

Despite that the Crosswagon sounded like something an Alfa Romeo shouldn`t be like, the 156 Crosswagon was quite sporty and agile, belive it or not!

Offered exclusively with Fiat`s lovely 1.9 JTD unit and an 6-speed manual, the combo was undeniably a reliable and solid combo. The 156 Crosswagon was in production all the way until 2007, and was replaced with the 159 Q4. The 159 became a completely different type of estate compared to the 156 crosswagon.

While this seems like an utterly pointless car to have in the GT-Series, I think the 156 Crosswagon would be an awesome car to fool other people online. Also, this is an Alfa Romeo some don`t even know exist! And the torque of the diesel engine, makes this a car which would be a rocket out of corners!

Hope this car is as cool to you as much as it is to me.

Exterior:

Alfa_Romeo-156_Crosswagon_Q4_2004_1600x1200_wallpaper_37.jpg

Alfa_Romeo-156_Crosswagon_Q4_2004_1600x1200_wallpaper_2e.jpg

Alfa_Romeo-156_Crosswagon_Q4_2004_1600x1200_wallpaper_38.jpg

Interior:

Alfa_Romeo-156_Crosswagon_Q4_2004_1600x1200_wallpaper_3a.jpg

Alfa_Romeo-156_Crosswagon_Q4_2004_1600x1200_wallpaper_39.jpg

Alfa_Romeo-156_Crosswagon_Q4_2004_1600x1200_wallpaper_3b.jpg

Specs:

Engine: Fiat 1.9 diesel single turbo, with common-rail direct injection.
Transmission: 6-Speed manual.
Drivetrain: Full-time 4WD Torsen centre differential.
Platform: Fiat "Tipo" platform.
Suspension: Front Suspension; Double high wishbone struts. Rear suspension; MacPhearson strut.

0-100: 10.3 seconds.
Power: 148 bhp. (110 kW.)
Torque: 305 Nm. (225 ft-lb.)
Top Speed: 196 km/h. (122 mph)
Weight: 1530 kg.

I've had enough experience with my Dad's old car to know that Alfa Romeo have a tendency to fit engines in a manner which leads to absolutely huge service bills for what in any other car would be a trivial thing.

I've had enough experience with my Dad's old car to know that Alfa Romeo have a tendency to fit engines in a manner which leads to absolutely huge service bills for what in any other car would be a trivial thing.
Well, I agree there. I was an apprentice at a workshop were a there was a cambelt required on a 166 2.5 V6, and the engine is so weirdly placed, that you almost have to take the engine out of the car to have good acces!

Alfa is great at many things, but the placement of engines (atleast before 2005.) was pretty bad.

One of the many reasons I decided to be a car-mechanic.

I'm glad I found this suggestion. The Cross would be a great vehicle to race on gravel/snow circuits or simple use for cruise lobbies. Interesting combination of appealing factors would bring this car completely different range of players.

The only game that features this car is TXRD2. The other day, I took it out for a test drive. It proved to be very grippy on small corners and decent enough on gravel conditions. Sadly, the JTD engine doesn't sound like a diesel and it lacks decent punch, you really need to increase the power significantly to make it fast on corner exits. And once you start increasing it, you don't perceive it as a diesel anymore, it acts like any other turbo engine.

758.jpg

Back