All Bronzes in X1 or All Golds in Loeb's Rally?

  • Thread starter Thread starter aragorn318
  • 15 comments
  • 1,298 views
Messages
67
Messages
aragorn318
All Bronzes in X1 or All Golds in Loeb's Rally? I think this was a common route that many people experienced. I really wanted Sebastien's WRC Rally Car. Both took me an equal amount of time, a little over 2 days each to complete. Both fantastic challenges. Eiger Norwand and Suzuka definitely had me doubting myself at times. I constantly had to write down my personal best lap and sector times to beat..Which did you find more difficult?
 
X1 more difficult for me. I didn't find the Loeb challenge too difficult to be honest..
 
im still having a rough time with the vettel challenges. i need more seat time to get used to the car (and maybe a wheel...DS3 user here)

loeb challenge though, took me maybe 2-3 times each and golded. still a bit of a challenge and you have to concentrate.
 
I found the Eiger one quite easy, but struggled on the last one a lot. Overall, both are challenging but with practice and patience can be achieved in a few days. Gold x2010 is something that would take a loooooong time for me to achieve, if I ever do!

By the way, I used a ds3 with all assists (including abs) off.
 
I can't even get close to bronze on the Loeb challenge; the car is either sliding all over or suffering monster lag in the corners - i hate GT5 rallying, absolutely sucks compared with previous GT games.
 
Loeb was harder for me, getting bronze in the X1 challenge was very easy I found.

I have gold in Nurburg one and Monza, can't seem to get it in Suzuka though :(
 
All Bronzes in X1 or All Golds in Loeb's Rally? I think this was a common route that many people experienced. I really wanted Sebastien's WRC Rally Car. Both took me an equal amount of time, a little over 2 days each to complete. Both fantastic challenges. Eiger Norwand and Suzuka definitely had me doubting myself at times. I constantly had to write down my personal best lap and sector times to beat..Which did you find more difficult?

I found S.Vettel's Challenge difficult than S.Loeb's one, X1 took me around 2 hours to bronze it, on december - before the update - (http://img265.imageshack.us/f/71196798.png/)
S.Loeb's challenge took me less than an hour.
Using G27 wheel.
 
From my point of view: Vettel = Difficult, Loeb = Moderate-Easy

The Rallying only appears hard if you didn't switch off the traction control which massively hinders performance. On the hills of Eiger, you just have take it slowly and will be fine.
Driving the X2010 on the other hand can't take anything slowly at all or lose the precious seconds from getting gold which makes it ever so difficult in comparison.
 
I never have traction control on rally cars, 4wd takes care of any traction issues! I just can't prevent the lag in the corners or drift the cars succesfuly. I think those rally event are like a switch; on for some, off for others. I've totaly given up with them such is my degree of frustration. And for the record i'm level 40 achieved through graft not glitch so i've worked hard at this game. Just not willing to work any more at that damn Loeb challenge!
 
I can't even get close to bronze on the Loeb challenge; the car is either sliding all over or suffering monster lag in the corners - i hate GT5 rallying, absolutely sucks compared with previous GT games.

From what I've experienced, Rally in previous GT games were worse as they tend to magically slide more than in GT5....infact most cars tend to slide more in previous GT games.
 
Last edited:
Still haven't done the loeb challenge all the way through but i found the vettel challenge tougher before the recent patch that reduced the times.
 
Wow, close debate on this I see...5-3 in favor of Vettel being more difficult so far...I just wanted to clarify that I played both challenges on Version 1.05 since I bought the game Jan. 22nd.
 
X1 more difficult for me. I didn't find the Loeb challenge too difficult to be honest..

Same here .. I waltzed that Loeb challenge for some reason i found it quite easy (and no i am not from the "Oh i can do the Vettel challenge or any challenge on the D-pad using only 1 hand and my finger and thumb" brigade !!!. The Vettel had me though ,but i Golded it eventually.
 
All Bronzes in X1 challenge is a joke now that they added so much more time in the patch.

If the "1.05 challenge" is before adding extra time than Vettel is way harder. Took me 20-50 times longer to get bronze on X1 challenge than gold on Loeb.
 
For the Loeb challenge, try turning all driving aids off (except ABS) and change the 4WD torque split to 50:50. Changing the torque split makes a MASSIVE difference and makes the events borderline easy.
 
I found both events very difficult for me but I would have to say the X1 challenge is the hardest. Can hardly do a lap and if I do, it is a very slow lap. :(

And I will try what Hoodie says for the Loeb challenge. I might finally be able to do it.
 
Back