All Japan GT car Championship Race 8

• Thread starter wobbleguts
  • 4 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi,

Are there any tips on how to win this race?

Won all the previous races without any problems in this challenge in an au toms lexus. This race is wet, so tried intermediate tyres- made some mistakes and finished 8th. So I swapped to wet tyres but got the same result. Again and again and again - finished 8th every time without mistakes.

So I went back to intermediate tyres and finished 4th. Then after repeated attempts 3rd. Couldn't get any further though.

Bought a Raybrig NSX concept as this seemed to be a race winner. Finished second. After many attempts this is the best I can do. Always finish second. about 4 secs behind the leader. I know this track off by heart now and don't make any mistakes. Is there a tune tweek to get me gold?

Hi,

Are there any tips on how to win this race?

Won all the previous races without any problems in this challenge in an au toms lexus. This race is wet, so tried intermediate tyres- made some mistakes and finished 8th. So I swapped to wet tyres but got the same result. Again and again and again - finished 8th every time without mistakes.

So I went back to intermediate tyres and finished 4th. Then after repeated attempts 3rd. Couldn't get any further though.

Bought a Raybrig NSX concept as this seemed to be a race winner. Finished second. After many attempts this is the best I can do. Always finish second. about 4 secs behind the leader. I know this track off by heart now and don't make any mistakes. Is there a tune tweek to get me gold?
Use @Jeje6410 Honda RAYBIRG NSX CONCEPT-GT '16 and use this Gearbox below for the track.

Transmission
Final Gear At: 5.000
Max Speed km/h: 200
1st: 2.415
2nd: 2.045
3rd: 1.760
4th: 1.537
5th: 1.363
6th: 1.215
7th: n/a
8th: n/a
Final Gear: 3.290

Last edited:
Use @Jeje6410 Honda RAYBIRG NSX CONCEPT-GT '16 and use this Gearbox below for the track.

Transmission
Final Gear At: 5.000
Max Speed km/h: 200
1st: 2.415
2nd: 2.045
3rd: 1.760
4th: 1.537
5th: 1.363
6th: 1.215
7th: n/a
8th: n/a
Final Gear: 3.290

Hi guys,

Bought the Honda raybirg as you suggested but could not tune it to your specifications. 1st gear won't go down to 2415 etc etc.
Likewise with Motul Autech (which I already had). Unable to select the tuning people recommend.

Anyways, tried both of them and settled on the Motul because it was more responsive and fun to drive. Must have done this race about 30x, but finally tonight I won. What a relief!

It is a fun circuit in the rain - otherwise I would have given up on silver. Hopefully race 9 will be simpler.

Last edited by a moderator:
You need to select final gear to 5.00 then the top speed to the slowest option then you'll be able to set the gears as shown.

Chassis wise, I'm guessing you need to soften everything up and run a high rear break balance? I can't keep her from under steering off track ... pretty much everywhere ...

Back