All my cars deleted??

• Thread starter NiceTry
  • 15 comments
United States
United States
MarshmallowMan45
I have had GTS since it released and haven’t had a single issue. I always save my game before I turn it off. Well just now I turned it on no different than normal and when the main screen came up it had the loading wheel on ‘Arcade’ and the screen stayed black. It sat for 10min just seeing if anything would happen, my controller wouldn’t do anything. So I closed the game an re-opened it. All of my achievements are still there, all my schools are done, I have all my money and mileage points and level and everything. Nothing has changed but I have lost ALL my cars (except the 8 that came with the limited pack). I’ve turned it on and off multiple times and nothing. Does anyone know what’s going on?

Close the game fully, then on the PS4 home menu:

Select [Settings] > [PlayStation Network/Account Management] > [Restore License]

This might not work but always my first thing to try when I have an issue.

Hope you get your cars back!

Unfortunately it didn’t work. But hey that taught me something new so thank you for the tip.

I aways backup my save to the online storage as well bacause I have PS+, but if you have not got PS+ just save it to a USB for backup, because if there is a problem with the ingame save like you got with cars missing, you can always go and upload your backup save.

Last edited:
I do have PS+ is there somewhere else it could be saved?
Yes, Go to PS4 main menu, select GT sport but don't start the game then press the Options button and the menu will pop up, then select Upload/Download Saved Data. This what I do all the time when I close down GTS is save data for backup.

Any help? What can I do?
If you don't have PS Plus, nothing. If you do, the post directly above yours explains:
Yes, Go to PS4 main menu, select GT sport but don't start the game then press the Options button and the menu will pop up, then select Upload/Download Saved Data. This what I do all the time when I close down GTS is save data for backup.

I had the same issue where the menu screen on loading was mostly dark and I couldn't select anything. The next time I looked in my garage there were only 26 cars instead of over 200.
Thanks to this discussion I was able to use save data about a week old on PS+ to restore the garage with only a week's worth of gaming ruined. I am now using a USB memory stick to back up each day.

Do you think Sony would be able to do a save override from a previous save to help me? I lost all my cars but the money and everything was still there. Just no cars not including dlc pre-order cars.

How exactly do you store game progress to a usb stick? I cant find the Menu for that. Thanks in advance.

How exactly do you store game progress to a usb stick? I cant find the Menu for that. Thanks in advance.
On your PS4, go to settings then application saved data management then saved data in system storage.

Back