All Night forward: FTO GPX challenge!

• Thread starter autofusion
  • 2 comments
autofusion / GTP_sonicfusion
XBOX SUCKS!
If you have GT1 and you want a little competition for yourself for a change. I got a challenge just for you!

Go to Mitsubishi and get an FTO GPX. Then install these parts:

Muffler: Racing
Brakes: Sports Kit, Balance Controller
Engine: Computer, Port Polish, Engine Balance, NA Tune 3
Transmission: Racing Gearbox, Triple Clutch, Racing Flywheel
Racing Suspension
Stabilizers: Hard Front, Hard Rear
Tires: Racing: Soft/Soft
Weight Reduction: None
Optional Racing Modification: I chose the white/red stripes, but there is also white/blue!

After installing all those parts, your FTO should have about 364 HP. Entering the endurance race known as All-Night I at Special Stage R11, you'll come across cars that run has high as 680 HP.

After checking out your line up, go into your parts settings and adjust the following:

[Suspension]
Spring Rate: 3.9/2.4
Ride Height: 128/128
Damper: 4/4
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Stabilizer: 3/3
Brakes: 15/15

[Engine]
Turbo: None
1st: 2.200
2nd: 1.813
3rd: 1.481
4th: 1.168
5th: 0.707
Final: 4.312

Downforce: 0.40/0.46

• If you have good driver skills, you can get a good smooth turn while keeping your speed adequate.
  • Putting yourself between 2nd/3rd gear when entering and leaving a curve might give you idea of how to handle each curve without wearing down your tires.
  • Once you're on the high end of the 4th gear entering the Final gear when you're going through a quick slalom on the lower-level of the main drag, that is where you'll want to act quickly. Try going about 116 mph through there.
  • The upper-level main drag is where higher-horsepowered vehicles dominate. Stay in the center lane so you're able to throw off the AI and try to block them. Otherwise, they will pass you.
  • Tire life is important when it comes to entering and exiting each turn. If you drive through every curve properly, you can pull up to 20 laps of tire life before you pit in. Everyone else can take a break between laps 8 and 12, but they will be back on your trail! In this case, you can't afford too many errors when driving.

Take my challenge and tell me what you think! Me, I already done it a few times. And I did get first place using a 364 HP vehicle compared to over 600 or even 900+!

I'd attempt this, but I'm a bit rusty so I don't know if I will win. SSR11 is my ace card though, and besides the looooooooong straight and the fact that it's FWD (front tires might get shot with aggressive driving), I don't see how this can be a problem (Famous last words? We shall see).

Back