All of the sudden, no sound?!?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zeewhiz
  • 15 comments
  • 3,113 views
Messages
13
Ok guys, I've got a serious problem. Before I get into it, here's my setup: Fatty 80g, Vizio HDTV, HDMI cable, no surround, just using the TV speakers. Anyhow, I've been playing GT5 since the day it dropped, with no audio problems. About a month ago, the game started intermittently having no sound at startup. If I restarted the machine, the game would have sound again. Now, as of two days ago, I have no sound in GT5, no matter what I do. Other games are just fine, dvds and blurays are fine as well.

Have any of you had this problem, and what can I do about it? :nervous::nervous:

Thanks in advance,

Matt
 
Unplug the HDMI cable from the TV and then plug it back in. You could also try cleaning it aswell. A while ago, I had it do this a few times aswell, only on GT5 though. :odd:
 
@Zeewhiz. I Have the EXACT same setup as you do. I swapped out HDMI cords and haven't had any issues since.
 
I'm not sure how an HDMI cable would only mess up with GT5, but I guess it's worth a shot. They're only about 3 or 4 bucks on monoprice, amazon or something like that.
 
I have the same issue using my samsung, I just change to tv to get sound on and back to ps3 input and it works, only happens with gt5
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:tup:thanks guys, I'll give these ideas a try and post back.👍
 
I'm having the same problem.
I've tried everything I could think of. The only solution that works is using my sisters PS3, but that isn't connected to the internet and still only has 1.08, so I think that could be part of the problem.
 
here's my setup: Fatty 80g

Well there's your problem. I had a fatty that had the same issue and it was long after that my HDD went out in it too.

I then went and switched over to a Slim and it hasn't had a problem yet. It's seems to be built much much better and that's awesome. Hopefully you can get it figured out. But I think it's just the fatty going bad.
 
EDIT: Ah, for some reason the my post wasn't showing up, just ignore this one.
 
Well there's your problem. I had a fatty that had the same issue and it was long after that my HDD went out in it too.

I then went and switched over to a Slim and it hasn't had a problem yet. It's seems to be built much much better and that's awesome. Hopefully you can get it figured out. But I think it's just the fatty going bad.

I actually have a slim and it's having the problem, my sisters that I used is a Fatty and GT5 runs fine on that. That's not the problem.




EDIT: It works fine in Standard definition.:yuck:
Standard looks alright on a standard TV, but standard definition on an HD TV just looks awful, but still better than nothing.
 
Last edited:
I have the same issue using my samsung, I just change to tv to get sound on and back to ps3 input and it works, only happens with gt5
This. Change the inputs (TV. DVD etc.) until you get back the the PS3. I have the same problem and this works for me every time.
 
EDIT: It works fine in Standard definition.:yuck:
Standard looks alright on a standard TV, but standard definition on an HD TV just looks awful, but still better than nothing.

Could be your HDMI port in the television. If you have more than 1 port then I would try and use them all. If it still only happens in HD then I would suggest possibly getting a different HDMI cord for the PS3 and see if that is the problem.

Other than that I got nothing, sorry.
 
Could be your HDMI port in the television. If you have more than 1 port then I would try and use them all. If it still only happens in HD then I would suggest possibly getting a different HDMI cord for the PS3 and see if that is the problem.

Other than that I got nothing, sorry.



Well after trying everything I could think of, including switching TV's the game just made me redownload the 1.09 patch, and now it works.

That was just weird:confused:
 
Same situation on my end, i used to switch to TV input, then back to Game imput, & that worked for a while, but the changing of the HDMI cable is your best course of action to take. For me it happened with only GT5 & Modern Warfare 2.....
 
It happened to me also, usually it's the hdmi port, in my case, I exit the game, start again and no problem...
 
Sometimes I have issues with the sounds as well. I am certain it has to do with the HDMI (as others have said), but turning my TV off then back on generally fixes the issue.
 
Back