All views are screwed up... Need help

  • Thread starter Thread starter sprtevo
  • 21 comments
  • 1,419 views
Messages
4
My 6 year old got ahold of my saved game and was playing around with it. He spent a few hundred thousand dollars on a bunch of crap cars, and the worst part is that now when I start a race I am looking off to the left of the car.

I cannot figure out how to re-center the view to look out the front of the car. I know it isn't hardware related because I can start a brand new game and everything is fine, but obviously I don't want to start all over if I can help it. I have checked all settings under Options, but don't see anything about centering of the view. Strangely even replay's are effected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
sprtevo
My 6 year old got ahold of my saved game and was playing around with it. He spent a few hundred thousand dollars on a bunch of crap cars, and the worst part is that now when I start a race I am looking off to the left of the car.

I cannot figure out how to re-center the view to look out the front of the car. I know it isn't hardware related because I can start a brand new game and everything is fine, but obviously I don't want to start all over if I can help it. I have checked all settings under Options, but don't see anything about centering of the view. Strangely even replay's are effected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Don´t really know where the solution is, since I don´t have GT4 yet... Buyt I know that your son has tinkered with the "display" settings. Somewhere there is a option to choose multiple playstations (10 if I remember correctly) and link them together. After that you choose the view for each Playstation + GT4, left, right etc. So your view has been changed there...
 
erhhh.. ever tried looking under the Screen in the pause menu?
 
sprtevo
My 6 year old got ahold of my saved game and was playing around with it. He spent a few hundred thousand dollars on a bunch of crap cars, and the worst part is that now when I start a race I am looking off to the left of the car.

I cannot figure out how to re-center the view to look out the front of the car. I know it isn't hardware related because I can start a brand new game and everything is fine, but obviously I don't want to start all over if I can help it. I have checked all settings under Options, but don't see anything about centering of the view. Strangely even replay's are effected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[Assuming you are using the DFP] I know that if you press either left or right on DFP's D-pad, you will look to the left or right. If you press down, you will look behind.

Maybe the D-pad on your DFP is stuck on left. Then it would be a hardware problem. Try the game with a different controller and re-boot the game.
 
And tell your kid that playing with daddy's toys is a NO-NO!!! I hope you don't have Grand Theft Auto San Andreas (or any of them, for that matter) laying around where your kid can get access to them...
 
That really sounds really bad, Im glad I don't have little brohers or sisters that young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneone
 
:) You should buy a safe and lock that priceless memory card away from his grubby little mitts!!lol 👍
 
sprtevo
I have checked all settings under Options, but don't see anything about centering of the view. Strangely even replay's are effected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keep looking. Under options > Networking or something.

See, you can network like 7 ps2's together with each one providing a different view;

attachment.php


Your 6 year old must be trying to do this and set your ps2 for the left or right view. :scared:

You better get a couple more ps2's and tv's. :dopey:

idle
 
That setup is amazing, now just imagine playing like that in the dark! :drool:
 
That is awesome, I wish I had something like that. Do you have surround sound too?
 
Doggie
Don´t really know where the solution is, since I don´t have GT4 yet... Buyt I know that your son has tinkered with the "display" settings. Somewhere there is a option to choose multiple playstations (10 if I remember correctly) and link them together. After that you choose the view for each Playstation + GT4, left, right etc. So your view has been changed there...

That sounds plausible. I will look into it tonight. I have looked everywhere else, but I didn't check there.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Fingers firmly crossed.
 
idleprocess
Keep looking. Under options > Networking or something.

See, you can network like 7 ps2's together with each one providing a different view;

attachment.php


Your 6 year old must be trying to do this and set your ps2 for the left or right view. :scared:

You better get a couple more ps2's and tv's. :dopey:

idle


That's it...... That is exactly what I am seeing, but of course it isn't quite the same without the other 2 tv's.

I owe you big.
 
Too bad of the spaces betwen te TV's, else it would be much cooler
 
Madd>>DK<<
:) You should buy a safe and lock that priceless memory card away from his grubby little mitts!!lol 👍

He usually just plays in arcade mode, but I inadvertently left the memory card in there when I went to bed and forgot about it. This will never happen again, I assure you even If I have to take the damn thing to work with me.
 
The solution is in a spiked baseball bat, have it displayed next to the PS2 and tell your 6-year old that you will beat him in the head with it if he screws up again.
 
My hat's off to the 6 yr old for his choice in games!

And, that set up would be killer if you had 3 projectors and an octagon shaped room...
 
Todd Lee
My hat's off to the 6 yr old for his choice in games!

And, that set up would be killer if you had 3 projectors and an octagon shaped room...
Just find a solution to ty your kid onto his bed at night.
 
I recently saw a view that a guy had a pick of it was the inside of his car like looking at thg gauges is this b/c he had a steering wheel or what? It wasn't the Gt4 wheel though it was red looked like the red momo racing wheels.
 
STiGoFLyBy
That is awesome, I wish I had something like that. Do you have surround sound too?

I doubt he has 3 TV's, 3 PS2's, 3 copies of GT4, a DFP, and no surround sound... I mean... c'cmon ;)

That's an awesome setup for a game, though.
 
that is really a rich motha *****r
 
killlllll , killlllllllll this beast!!!!!!!!!!
he will do something worse!!!!
hehe . kiding.
at least keep in jail. :crazy:
 
Back