• Thread starter GBO Possum
  • 13 comments

GBO Possum

Not quite the oldest member. Yet.
Premium
United States
Massachusetts
GBO-Possum
A track driven in reverse is a completely different experience, and is essentially a new track.

To increase the variety and freshness of experience in GT, I'd like to be able to select any track in reverse mode for both Arcade and Online usage.

Purists may feel that since certain real world tracks are rarely, if ever, raced on in reverse, Career mode should not incorporate this option for tracks which are never used backwards. I don't have strong feelings about this. GT is a game, after all!

I may be naive, but this looks like a low cost way to expand the GT experience.

Laguna Seca is raced in the reverse direction with bikes. Bathurst (a small section) is used in a "hill climb" from Conrod Straight to Skyline.

Cote d'Azure, in the GT series, does not use it's real name (Monaco) because of copy rights or something, so running that in reverse would be fun!

Is there some licensing agreement or legal problem with real world tracks that prevents Polyphony from making the reverse layout available to players?

I'm "Liking" this idea in principal because you're right it would be good to race on a reverse layout.

However, besides the licensing agreements mentioned by Takata, there are probably practical reasons against it. Such as corner barriers in the wrong place, run off areas missing etc. The pit entry/exits would also probably be incorrect.

Is there some licensing agreement or legal problem with real world tracks that prevents Polyphony from making the reverse layout available to players?
It's the same track being used, but the direction is going the other way, so it has nothing to do with licensing and stuff.

Yes, why DO you see it as "blasphemous"?
Of course I don't actually have anything against it being run in reverse, it just seems a bit strange to me and probably because it hasn't ever been run in reverse competitively in Grand Prix races, and also people like you or me would never get the opportunity to run it in reverse in real life.

Back