Alpine A110 ‘72

• Thread starter hawkeyez
  • 18 comments
Canada
Canada
the-1st-hawkeyez
I don’t think this car is accurate on the handling?

In GT Legends it used to be one of my favourite cars to drive. I keep coming back to it in GT7 in hopes it’s fixed, but it’s just absolutely brutal to drive around most tracks. The back end always comes right around on you. I thought it would be fixed after the latest update but it wasn’t. It’s not as bad as it was but it’s still bad.

I don’t like tuning cars, I’ve made a tune for it on another one I bought, it’s just OK and not competitive for its PP and the back end still comes around on you if you’re not paying attention.

I really hope PD fix this cars handling in a future update considering how horrible it is. While they’re at it, they should have a look at the Lamborghini Miura as well. For the price of that one, stock it handles so bad. Haha

I mean, I've never driven one in the real world, let alone on the limit, but a car built in the 70s, with the engine hanging right out the back would probably kick the back end out quite a lot.

Also, GT Legends is a completely different game from a completely different developer...

I can drive the 73 Porsche just fine. 70’s car, engine hanging out the back. In fact I can drive that one right on the edge and hang it out there.

This little alpine is unsaveable and sometimes I’m grannie driving it and it still goes.

I guess in all fairness the one in GT Legends is a race version. I just can’t see any car being that horribly unpredictable in a corner.

Anyone in here that’s driven one in real life and is still alive? Lol

mine is a killer - i retired it from our friendly sunday morning lobby because it was too OP. also because i worried i was annoying everyone with the whistlehorn, but i cannot stop hitting the whistlehorn button.

making a note here so i remember to share my settings for it

Last edited:
I just can’t see any car being that horribly unpredictable in a corner.
There are some cars like that in the game and this changes by each update to the better or worse.
It shouldnt be like this at all, neither road nor race car would have a default setup in a way that is unsafe at least or not stabe and fast in the other aspect.

mine is a killer - i retired it from our friendly sunday morning lobby because it was too OP. also because i worried i was annoying everyone with the whistlehorn, but i cannot stop hitting the whistlehorn button.

making a note here so i remember to share my settings for it
If you have a setup for it (without a rear wing) I’d gladly give it a go in hopes I can use the car in the game.

I have gotten the knack of sliding almost every car I own in the game around a corner in their own way, some turn in nice, some are better at wide corners as they drift way out but this little alpine its like you have to baby it around the entire track. Seems odd for an 80hp car lol

Meythia, yeah there definitely isn’t something right with it. Maybe it’s just me who knows but if this game is any way close to realism, I would never pay $180,000 for one in real life unless I was prepared to destroy it while taking a freeway exit lol

Last edited:
If you have a setup for it (without a rear wing) I’d gladly give it a go in hopes I can use the car in the game.

Meythia, yeah there definitely isn’t something right with it. Maybe it’s just me who knows but if this game is any way close to realism, I would never pay $180,000 for one in real life unless I was prepared to destroy it while taking a freeway exit lol
i definitely have a rear wing for it, and i may have even wide-bodied it. sometimes i just want to make the car work!

i definitely have a rear wing for it, and i may have even wide-bodied it. sometimes i just want to make the car work!
Fair enough, you know what I’d still give your setup a try. I read these cars were up to like 180hp at one time, I find that hard to believe considering in stock form 80hp I can’t get around the track lol

I did the same for my Miura (added rear wing unwantingly).

I bought that thing, first corner, barely turning the wheel, it looped, tried to like it but I literally couldn’t get around Suzuka babying the car. And I mean babying it, brake way early in a straight line, coasting lightly turn the wheel like an eight turn and I’m spinning. Huh? Ok this 3.5 million dollar car sucks.

I added a ton of weight and got the car to 50/50 weight distribution maybe even a little more to the front and I think I added a rear wing because I had no choice. It’s driveable now but at it’s PP rating, I just get wasted, it’s like it should be rated 30 or more lower than it is. And it’ll still spin off the track if you’re not careful but that’s only when I’m really pushing it. It’s driveable and hardly forgivable, such a shame.

Forgive the phone photos, every time I start the process for the remote play etc I just quit two minutes in lmao.

Anyways this worked for me, all the way up the power scale. We do slow car races so I had it wrenched down.

DD660D48-6AD7-4404-810E-384EBDD8AC9A.jpeg
A8C30B70-751C-481E-8A01-756C2689D081.jpeg

Last edited:
Forgive the phone photos, every time I start the process for the remote play etc I just quit two minutes in lmao.

Anyways this worked for me, all the way up the power scale. We do slow car races so I had it wrenched down.

View attachment 1250929View attachment 1250931
Thanks I’ll hopefully get to try it out tonight.

wide bodied with wide tires and offset too? Is that right? All that engine work and still running comfort hard? haha

Last edited:
Thanks I’ll hopefully get to try it out tonight.

wide bodied with wide tires and offset too? Is that right? All that engine work and still running comfort hard? haha
i am so dumb i realized i cut out like, all the vital info. i'll get back into that later, i think the same group is running this evening (friendly racers are welcome).

and comfort hards / 375pp on that one lmao. it nearly lapped the field at that and 350pp, and i feel like it would be useful all the way up to 600pp. i was so frustrated with that compound at first but eventually it forced me to really tune these cars! ive sort of created categories - 350 or 400pp / comfort hards, 550 or 600pp / sport hards. i figure if they can work on those compounds then they'll be good in any race that allows something softer

Last edited:
i am so dumb i realized i cut out like, all the vital info. i'll get back into that later, i think the same group is running this evening (friendly racers are welcome).

and comfort hards / 375pp on that one lmao. it nearly lapped the field at that and 350pp, and i feel like it would be useful all the way up to 600pp. i was so frustrated with that compound at first but eventually it forced me to really tune these cars! ive sort of created categories - 350 or 400pp / comfort hards, 550 or 600pp / sport hards. i figure if they can work on those compounds then they'll be good in any race that allows something softer
I usually don’t get on until like 9:30pm on weeknights. I’ll probably have to give it a go on the weekend perhaps. I’ll look for your friendly racers are welcome room some time.

I usually don’t get on until like 9:30pm on weeknights. I’ll probably have to give it a go on the weekend perhaps. I’ll look for your friendly racers are welcome room some time.
Is there a particular state of tune you want to use it at?
Stock?
550pp?
Fully upgraded? etc

Is there a particular state of tune you want to use it at?
Stock?
550pp?
Fully upgraded? etc
Stock preferred or mildly tuned like headers and exhaust and air filter, maybe a cam. I’m going to play around with settings this weekend first in my stock one. Might buy fully adjustable suspension and lsd and start tweaking.

It is better since the update but sometimes it’s like mid turn out of nowhere a giant just kicks the back end out from you. I don’t spin it out anymore I more or less come to a sliding sideways stop. I just can’t let off the gas and counter steering fast enough to save it

I remember from one of the Tidgney Videos when the A110 was once a car for a daily race in GT Sport, that you neeed to use a little bit of throttle at the same time whenever you break before corners to avoid that the back comes spinning out...it sounded rather strange, but when i tried it out, it did work...

But I cannot say, if that still works, because I hardly ever used the A110 in GT7...

I remember from one of the Tidgney Videos when the A110 was once a car for a daily race in GT Sport, that you neeed to use a little bit of throttle at the same time whenever you break before corners to avoid that the back comes spinning out...it sounded rather strange, but when i tried it out, it did work...

But I cannot say, if that still works, because I hardly ever used the A110 in GT7...
Thanks yeah I may have to start left foot braking. Most of the spins are happening mid corner for me or early on in the corner so that might just be it.

I know the Miura I thought I HAVE to brake in a straight line, so I would let off the brake, wait a bit, ease into the turn and it’d just go. At least the A110 isn’t that bad. I don’t mind a car if it’s gets loose… and I can catch it, not the fastest way around the track but the sliding sideways to a stop is definitely not ideal haha

The crucial thing to know about GTLegends is although the cars are old, the tyres are not. It's based on the 2005 FIA Historic Racing Championships and they used modern (well 2005) tyres, not period ones.

Stock preferred or mildly tuned like headers and exhaust and air filter, maybe a cam. I’m going to play around with settings this weekend first in my stock one. Might buy fully adjustable suspension and lsd and start tweaking.

It is better since the update but sometimes it’s like mid turn out of nowhere a giant just kicks the back end out from you. I don’t spin it out anymore I more or less come to a sliding sideways stop. I just can’t let off the gas and counter steering fast enough to save it
I'll have a go at tweaking it this afternoon. Would you rather it be totally neutered and easy to drive (if that's possible) or just a little less challenging?

I'll have a go at tweaking it this afternoon. Would you rather it be totally neutered and easy to drive (if that's possible) or just a little less challenging?
Don’t worry about it. I took the time to read all the setup descriptions and tried setting it up. I can’t remember what I did but it’s better now. I can drift it through every corner and it doesn’t get away from me now.

Fully adjustable suspension and full adjustable LSD.

Here’s one thing I didn’t know, when you buy fully adjustable suspension it slams it to the ground and changes a bunch of other settings. So I screeenshot the stock settings, set everything back to stock and tweaked a few things.

try by memory.

-ride height down a like five ticks, one more in the front than the back
-sway bars, 3 or 4 in the front, 1 in the back
-can’t remember but all that dampener frequency stuff, I adjusted accordingly to lowering the car a little
-toed in the front like 0.3 or 0.5 and the back one tick from stock.
-LSD, knock it all down to lowest setting, raised it only on acceleration and braking can’t remember my settings.

I can’t say if it’s fast or competitive but I’m happy as I can drive it well. I almost took first on Grand Valley 580pp recommended and the alpine comes in at 420pp.

Daan, yeah I read thats how they got away with licensing or something, old cars on new track layouts but maybe with new tires. Something like that. (Sorry I would have done multi quote but I honestly can’t figure that feature out, it says adding to multi quote but it only every grabs one persons comment, I keep getting warnings about it to so I’m just doing it this way) thanks.

Last edited:
Back