Already missing AUTUMN RING in GT4...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Samelborp
  • 26 comments
  • 1,602 views
Messages
204
Messages
Peaknik
Messages
Ludens
Yesterday I fired up GT Concept and boy, what a fun is Autumn Ring! I think PD should definitively put this track in GT4, it has amazing turns for drifting (not that I know how to drift, but I'll learn), there's a Nissan prototipe that is very easy to drift around (newbie drift, but some drift nevertheless).

Well, I just hope Autumn Ring will be in GT4...
 
Have no fear, PD won’t leave out one of the most enjoyable and visually impressive circuits. After all, the americans have yet to experience the pleasure… :)
 
They already have, twice it was in GT1 and GT2.
 
live4speed
They already have, twice it was in GT1 and GT2.


We’re not talking 32bit stuff here Live. The current rendering old boy…
 
Yeah, it is quite a different experince in PS2 glory.
 
live4speed
Yeah, it is quite a different experince in PS2 glory.

Especially as Autumn Ring II adds to the fun. In fact I have come to prefer the course in reverse. How about those leaves!

Edit:But this isn’t really the place for this discussion.
 
live4speed
Yeah, it is quite a different experince in PS2 glory.

Please, would you care to elaborate? Are there diferences between playing GT and GT2 in a PSX or in a PS2?
 
Err, I'm not talking about playing GT1 or GT2 on the PS2, I'm talking about playing the Autumn ring in PS2 quality, like in GTC thats then theres a difference.
 
yeah i agree that its an ace course. there were many a course on gt1 and 2 that were amazing. what was that one on gt2 that begin with a g?
 
Grindlewald perhaps, the countryside track. I miss Red rock valley speedway, that was an great track for fast cars.
 
yeah red rock was ace, that was my fav on gt2. fav on gt3 is midfield which is where ive got my fastest time in an f1 (check my sig). also love the test track in my black supra.
 
squeek
yeah red rock was ace, that was my fav on gt2. fav on gt3 is midfield which is where ive got my fastest time in an f1 (check my sig). also love the test track in my black supra.

Those tracks were definitely missed in GT3 but the new tracks are alot of fun too. Paris Tarmac is an amazing track for turns...so is Capri. The old tracks will probably all be changed as well even if they do come back (but for the better). Grand Valley is very wide now and the part w/ the "S" turns has more S's to it. Midfield changed too. It's also wider and almost all the turns are somewhat different. IMO, the turns are a lot more fun now. There's a lot more room to pass someone.
 
dunkee
the new tracks are alot of fun too. Paris Tarmac is an amazing track for turns...so is Capri.
Capri would have been a lot better if they had not modified the game course compared to the real roads. It looks as if they made it into a wimpy course vs a sweaty-palm course, but time will tell. I'll still bang the walls, don't worry.

Cheers,

MasterGT
 
MasterGT
Capri would have been a lot better if they had not modified the game course compared to the real roads. It looks as if they made it into a wimpy course vs a sweaty-palm course, but time will tell. I'll still bang the walls, don't worry.

Cheers,

MasterGT

I'm a little confused? I don't think it's wimpy? I don't think it's too hard to the point of frustration either just a lot of fun. They changed it a little compared to the first build I played. The back straight now has S's in it and you have to be careful not to floor it too much. The last three U turns are not easy either.
 
i always hated autumn ring....
 
I remember Autumn Ring Mini being my first ever course that I played on in GT1... Oh the memories...

Oh the hairpins... Oh damn I've bummed the last bend and missed out on the next turbo upgrade for another race!!

C.
 
I want to play on Autumn ring too. :guilty: You guys make it sound great. 👍
 
toler
i always hated autumn ring....

Yeah I dont like it much ethier.
 
I fired up GT1 again just to play autum ring mini. Man I cant wait to run on it again in glorious GT4 splendor, especially with a F1!!! :lol:
 
yeti
I remember Autumn Ring Mini being my first ever course that I played on in GT1... Oh the memories...

Oh the hairpins... Oh damn I've bummed the last bend and missed out on the next turbo upgrade for another race!!

C.
Yep, first car (Supra turbo) used, first race of the Sunday cup, first race of the game, went off on the first corner and lost.
 
Have you guys remembered the Rome Night, Tahiti Circuit, Motor Sports Land, Grand Valley East, Rome Circuit Short, Seattle Short, Clubman Circuit R5, the Original Special Stage R11 [GT1], Pike Peak Hill Climb, and the legendary High Speed Ring.

I love those tracks especially every time I use the twitchy (aka. FF-Drifter) Spoon Integra [DC2] Type-R.

:)
 
Autumn Ring Rocked. I remeber in GT1 and GT2 my older brother would always race me and my little brother there cause we could never beat him. The only time we could beat him is when the course stressed speed more then handiling cause we stunk compared to him.
 
I fired up GT1 again just to play autum ring mini. Man I cant wait to run on it again in glorious GT4 splendor, especially with a F1!!!

car: polyphony001
speed: 300km/h+
lap time: 0.03 secs

lol :)
 
I used to love drifting the Viper around the hairpin after you pass underneath the bridge especially moreso when playing the track in reverse. Oversteer heaven!
 
I just want back playing GT2, and the [AP1] S2000 is the most fun car to drive Autumn Ring, and the Spoon [DC2] Integra Type-R on the Mini.

:)
 
Anyone remember that you could get air on that autumn. But I think only in arcade mode.
 
^ I remember that, that was on the arcade mode of GT1 US-spec, not GT2.

:)
 
Back