Already over multiplayer!

• Thread starter doctorrg
  • 18 comments
Australia
Gold Coast
drbrg
Silv3rEy3d
Only recently gotten into FM5, after my wheel broke and Horizon 2 was no fun anymore. Mainly went back to grind for rewards points while waiting for my wheel. Somehow started to have fun and finally decided to explore multiplayer yesterday. My first few races I was shot down even before the first corner, sometimes people even veering over to crash into me. Fighting my way back, to then be taken out last corner again, for somebody else to take the better position, and medal. It took me a few races to get away clean, was Yas Marina. Was leading into the Chicane straight before the Hairpin, and took a pretty tight racing line, for the first guy to shot straight past me and the second to, yet again, wipe me off the road. They just went straight through that chicane. I stuck with it to get my first five medals, next race parked my car for the Caboose achievement, and then I was out. I am not sure whether I want to play even one more multiplayer game at this point. Is it always this bad, or did I simply get really unlucky?

While it wouldn't completely get rid of these type of players, custom public lobbies would go a long way to help improve the online experience for many people who just want a good clean race and still allow you to meet new players. Racing in the public hoppers just isn't racing. hopefully CPL return for FM6. until then I can only stomach racing in private lobbies.

Unfortunatly your experience is about 70% of the time. There is a vote system where you can vote people out. Are you using a mic??..This is helpful when comunication with other racers to vote people out..But sometimes there will be a few in a room and it will be difficult....Also there are the "no collisions" room where cars will ghost and not run into each other...this is alot like Hot Lapping

Unfortunatly your experience is about 70% of the time. There is a vote system where you can vote people out. Are you using a mic??..This is helpful when comunication with other racers to vote people out..But sometimes there will be a few in a room and it will be difficult....Also there are the "no collisions" room where cars will ghost and not run into each other...this is alot like Hot Lapping

Thanks, I think I'll just stay away from Multiplayer now. Luckily I found Drag to work on my multiplayer achievements, did a session this morning and won 25+ gold medals in a row, until the lobby dried up. So got up to the Rubbing is Racing achievement. And unexplicably, up to the Pace Setter achievement????? Something here must be extremely buggy. I did put in a few laps around the Oval, but no more than 100 miles lead time tops, and then I did like around 30 races in the Drag lobby, let's say half a mile average, and I had all the achievements pop up to 500 miles in the lead??? I was in the lead well under 200 miles, for sure!! Anyone else came across this?

Edit: Just found all the old threads about it. Guess I'll have the lead for 1000 miles achievement after another 20 or so drag races. One less grind!

Last edited:
I avoided Forza multiplayer for years, with the exception of playing with a friend, because of all the talk about the crashers. I suggested people create a blacklist of unsporting players and we get a bunch of players to block those jerks, but nobody seemed to bother so I went to start a list. So, I started doing multiplayer races looking for Gamertags to populate my list. Contact and wrecks were insufficient for placement on the list, as I wanted deliberate crashers. I found almost none. Sometimes I'd record replays feeling I got people only to study the replays and determine that most incidences were innocent driver error, misjudgment, or a result of blind spots.

Only recently gotten into FM5, after my wheel broke and Horizon 2 was no fun anymore. Mainly went back to grind for rewards points while waiting for my wheel. Somehow started to have fun and finally decided to explore multiplayer yesterday. My first few races I was shot down even before the first corner, sometimes people even veering over to crash into me. Fighting my way back, to then be taken out last corner again, for somebody else to take the better position, and medal. It took me a few races to get away clean, was Yas Marina. Was leading into the Chicane straight before the Hairpin, and took a pretty tight racing line, for the first guy to shot straight past me and the second to, yet again, wipe me off the road. They just went straight through that chicane. I stuck with it to get my first five medals, next race parked my car for the Caboose achievement, and then I was out. I am not sure whether I want to play even one more multiplayer game at this point. Is it always this bad, or did I simply get really unlucky?

Sounds like someone is too focused on getting achievements. Almost every paragraph and sentence was about achievements. If that's your main focus for mp then yes its going to ruin your fun. Especially since you purposely sat out the next race just to get the caboose achievement.

However, the F5 multiplayer is far from being anywhere near as fun as F4. They need a lot of improvements for F6.

I avoided Forza multiplayer for years, with the exception of playing with a friend, because of all the talk about the crashers. I suggested people create a blacklist of unsporting players and we get a bunch of players to block those jerks, but nobody seemed to bother so I went to start a list. So, I started doing multiplayer races looking for Gamertags to populate my list. Contact and wrecks were insufficient for placement on the list, as I wanted deliberate crashers. I found almost none. Sometimes I'd record replays feeling I got people only to study the replays and determine that most incidences were innocent driver error, misjudgment, or a result of blind spots.

Not my experience at all. In the last drag session I did, I had several people deliberately crash into me (and others).

Sounds like someone is too focused on getting achievements. Almost every paragraph and sentence was about achievements. If that's your main focus for mp then yes its going to ruin your fun. Especially since you purposely sat out the next race just to get the caboose achievement.

However, the F5 multiplayer is far from being anywhere near as fun as F4. They need a lot of improvements for F6.

It's not all about achievements. Multiplayer has been no fun for me in FM5 (except maybe Drag a bit), but at the same time I still want to get enough achievements and badges/titles from Multiplayer to hit the next Forza Rewards tier. Those additional funds will be most welcome in Horizon 2, and will actually contribute to my fun.

It's not all about achievements. Multiplayer has been no fun for me in FM5 (except maybe Drag a bit), but at the same time I still want to get enough achievements and badges/titles from Multiplayer to hit the next Forza Rewards tier. Those additional funds will be most welcome in Horizon 2, and will actually contribute to my fun.
As with most mp games, I would recommend hooking up with a couple friends THEN jump into the multiplayer. Also keep in mind you can set up your very own private races with the AI while still playing with friends. You can also pick any map, amount of laps, class you want, set the AI difficulty, and much more. You can even make your very own multi class race if you want. :)

We tried to get enough people to do a racing series on here. But it never materialized. The problem is T10 does nothing to punish crashers. To make matters worse they made the AI cars drive more like people do online, well I got news for T10. Your racing community sucks and its holding your game back big time. Don't ruin the Single player experience by making it like the online experience. To make it EVEN WORSE you cannot custom choose or rate drivatars AND they make races impossible to win without crashing your way to the top of the field because of the short races.

FM5 has been my go to hotlapping/tuning race game. But so far, and unfortunately, that's when I'm having the most fun with it.

Also as Iceman pointed out. Forza does nothing to help you with blind spots, its hard to know where the car next to you is if you play cockpit or bumper.

Last edited:
We tried to get enough people to do a racing series on here. But it never materialized. The problem is T10 does nothing to punish crashers.
Yes they do, they have a task force and sub forum dedicated to exactly that.

Yes they do, they have a task force and sub forum dedicated to exactly that.

Ahh. so has anyone that's been reported ever been punished, if so how? Is it just the most obvious crashers? Plus could you link to that?

Still even if that's the case. It certainty does nothing to give the appearance that they care about such stuff. A perceived threat is often more effective than a real one, A threat that is unknown will not alter behavior.

Last edited:
The best way to create a good multiplayer environment is to build a community, so that the players have a relation to each other. Then it will be in their own interest to stick to fair play - not because they'll become "good guys" just like that, but because the community will reward them for playing fair.

Ahh. so has anyone that's been reported ever been punished, if so how? Is it just the most obvious crashers? Plus could you link to that?

Still even if that's the case. It certainty does nothing to give the appearance that they care about such stuff. A perceived threat is often more effective than a real one, A threat that is unknown will not alter behavior.
They get permanently banned from the servers. It has been advertised on FM4 plenty when it first came out, and never disappeared. The person reporting supplies the gamertag, and if they can get a piece of recorded evidence in the form of a saved replay then all the better.

If these people are not reported to them, the will not know. Its all up to the players to let them know.

Here's the link http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm67082_Forza-Motorsport-5---Game-FAQ.aspx#post_67082

EDIT: they used to have a dedicated sub-forum before this last forum rehash, but I couldnt seem to find it with all the junk they have now.

They get permanently banned from the servers. It has been advertised on FM4 plenty when it first came out, and never disappeared. The person reporting supplies the gamertag, and if they can get a piece of recorded evidence in the form of a saved replay then all the better.

If these people are not reported to them, the will not know. Its all up to the players to let them know.

Here's the link http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm67082_Forza-Motorsport-5---Game-FAQ.aspx#post_67082

EDIT: they used to have a dedicated sub-forum before this last forum rehash, but I couldnt seem to find it with all the junk they have now.

With the shadow play like ability X1 will certainly make that a lot easier.

It would be great if they automated the process so it detects the severity of a crash, especially high G crashes that send people off the track and send that replay to T10 (the game could detect people that were way to fast on corner entry or hit people going the wrong way). make a rating system that compares severity of crashes vs quantity of crashes and go after the people that rank the worst. Also have a minimum rating for public online matches. Make this an OPTION (because ,hey sometimes I'm just screwing around with my friends) in MP with an ability to only accept people of a certain rating.

drivatars AND they make races impossible to win without crashing your way to the top of the field because of the short races.

I know this comment is a few days old now, but that is a load of bull. No offence.

Single player race from day of release.

This is from the day of release, against unbeatable Drivatars, no driver assists, manual with clutch, driving in cockpit view, on the X1 controller with deadzones set to 0/100 for steering, throttle, and brake. It is still too easy to beat the AI in Forza, even though they are Drivatars now. Most people use what you just put as a crutch, and because they feel 3 lap races are too short (They are), and just decide to go all gungho over the single player mode. Yeh I have had my issues with the Drivatars, but only the ones that are on my friends list; they are the worse. But it is possible to win a race against the AI with barely any contact, and on any track in the game, and in any class.

Another single player race.

The only real issues with racing online, are when you bump into people like this.

But regardless of that, it is very possible to have some good clean races via the hoppers on FM5

Its just the look of the draw when it comes to online racing, and is the same in almost any online racing game. Even I racing, but you do get penalised in that game for bad driving etiquette.

Like I said at the start, this comment isn't here to cause offence to anyone. I just get fed of of people using Drivatars, and peoples crappy attitude and driving ability online, to slate what is essentially a good racing game at its core. The only real issues with FM5, is the lack of community features over FM4 (Publicly searchable private lobby's), and the severe lack of tracks. Hopefully those issues will be resolved in FM6 (if T10 are making FM6).

I know this comment is a few days old now, but that is a load of bull. No offence.

Single player race from day of release.

This is from the day of release, against unbeatable Drivatars, no driver assists, manual with clutch, driving in cockpit view, on the X1 controller with deadzones set to 0/100 for steering, throttle, and brake. It is still too easy to beat the AI in Forza, even though they are Drivatars now. Most people use what you just put as a crutch, and because they feel 3 lap races are too short (They are), and just decide to go all gungho over the single player mode. Yeh I have had my issues with the Drivatars, but only the ones that are on my friends list; they are the worse. But it is possible to win a race against the AI with barely any contact, and on any track in the game, and in any class.

Another single player race.

The only real issues with racing online, are when you bump into people like this.

But regardless of that, it is very possible to have some good clean races via the hoppers on FM5

Its just the look of the draw when it comes to online racing, and is the same in almost any online racing game. Even I racing, but you do get penalised in that game for bad driving etiquette.

Like I said at the start, this comment isn't here to cause offence to anyone. I just get fed of of people using Drivatars, and peoples crappy attitude and driving ability online, to slate what is essentially a good racing game at its core. The only real issues with FM5, is the lack of community features over FM4 (Publicly searchable private lobby's), and the severe lack of tracks. Hopefully those issues will be resolved in FM6 (if T10 are making FM6).

A couple of issues I have with your logic is,

A. The higher the difficulty the better (more cleanly) they tend to race, leaving people that are not pros with AI that tends to crash in to them or not break for corners.

B. Drivatars have gotten better since release and its been harder to beat them (in my experience) on the higher difficulty levels. So a video of the games release probably wasn't the best piece of evidence.

I have won a few games on unbeatable with clean races as well. Especially if I choose a leader board car. But since I always tune my own cars; and because my tuning skills are on the bad side, I do end up with difficulties in certain races. I also race with all assists off (including using clutch) with a XB1 controller.

I'm pretty familiar with your ability's as I've raced quite a few of your rivals ghosts and you do not represent the average Forza player. Besides my "impossible" remark; which was an exaggeration and not really the point I was trying to make, I don't really see how my comment is a load of bull. It's just you have had a different experience.

The problem with the hoppers is how inconsistent that experience can be.

Last edited:
A couple of issues I have with your logic is,

A. The higher the difficulty the better (more cleanly) they tend to race, leaving people that are not pros with AI that tends to crash in to them or not break for corners.

B. Drivatars have gotten better since release and its been harder to beat them (in my experience) on the higher difficulty levels. So a video of the games release probably wasn't the best piece of evidence.

I have won a few games on unbeatable with clean races as well. Especially if I choose a leader board car. But since I always tune my own cars; and because my tuning skills are on the bad side, I do end up with difficulties in certain races. I also race with all assists off (including using clutch) with a XB1 controller.

I'm pretty familiar with your ability's as I've raced quite a few of your rivals ghosts and you do not represent the average Forza player. Besides my "impossible" remark; which was an exaggeration and not really the point I was trying to make, I don't really see how my comment is a load of bull. It's just you have had a different experience.

The problem with the hoppers is how inconsistent that experience can be.

Not much wrong with my logic here Sly, I have just been playing forza for a long ass time. And before that I was playing Gran Turismo, and countless other racing games. The problems some people face with any forza game, is they don't have the tuning ability to build a balanced car. The build also matters more than the tuning settings used, and has always been the case in Forza. I see far too many people do a Jeremy Clarkson and go "POWWWWWWERRRRR", and then wonder why they end up spinning out around the track.

Then there are just the people who can not race well in Forza, but they can sometimes be quick in a hotlap. Its too different things in the game, and hotlapping doesn't teach someone race craft. When they end up in a race, and if they are in anything but first place from the get go; they can panic and crash out. I have seen some quick hot lappers fall flat on their face like this. Not to mention newer people to the franchise, who just do not understand that Forza requires a bit of finesse with the inputs. Lets face it, we get lift off oversteer in front wheel drives and mid-ships. We get power on oversteer in RWD cars, and we get understeer if we attempt to power through a corner at unreasonable speeds. and we have to learn finer and finer throttle and brake control with each new iteration of Forza. Something that you only really see happen on pc sims most of the time. And something that I don't even think has properly happened with GT yet (Disclaimer!!!! I have played GT 1 through 5, but not played 6 at this time. I am not dissing GT with that last comment. I have not played GT on a decent wheel either, and I understand that the cars physics can feel completely different under that circumstance. I am just pointing out, and that in my opinion, while using a dualshock controller, that GT5 doesn't require any more finesse with driving than GT1. Just my opinion, and is not a dig at Gran Turismo players, or the game itself).

The 3 lap races I agree are stupidly short, but even now it is silly how easy it is to beat an unbeatable drivatar without any contact. Countless people have complained that the unbeatable drivatars do exactly the same stuff as the lower difficulty ones, which is only the same stuff people complained about in FM4, and FM3 before that, and FM2. No one single person has ever been happy with Forza's A.I; except perhaps the very first games A.I. The Drivatars in FM5 are slow, the Drivatars in FH2 are slow. Once someone has the basics of driving fast in forza down, have a decent build on their car, and have practised with their inputs. Then even the average Forza player will be able to beat them with ease. Forza's A.I has always been slow. I was doing some racing on Project cars last night, and the highest difficulty A.I are much faster than Forza's. A game still in development. I had a harder time getting into first place. The same goes with Assetto Corsa, the A.I are far faster than that of Forza's; and provide a better challenge. I cant beat them within a 3 lap race. I have to bump it up to a minimum of 7/8, and depending on the track and car used.

There are people who have only recently bought the game, who then complain about it via the Forza Forums, and it always comes down to Drivatars, people crashing online, The physics, and lack of tracks. The only one out of those 4 that is a 100% valid complaint, is the lack of tracks. Everything else can come down to an individuals ability to race and tune in Forza.

There are also plenty of racing leagues for online forza racing, if people cared to find them. They have rules in place, and will DQ anyone who doesn't abide by them. They aim to provide good clean racing, and often have specific regulations regarding the build allowed on a car (HP, Torque, Weight, ect).
People also still have the ability to race with friends in private, with as many laps as they like.

[...] The Drivatars in FM5 are slow, the Drivatars in FH2 are slow. Once someone has the basics of driving fast in forza down, have a decent build on their car, and have practised with their inputs. Then even the average Forza player will be able to beat them with ease. [...]

Question would be, if they have all these things down and are able to beat the unbeatable Drivatars with ease, would they still be your average Forza player?

There are people who have only recently bought the game, who then complain about it via the Forza Forums, and it always comes down to Drivatars, people crashing online, The physics, and lack of tracks. The only one out of those 4 that is a 100% valid complaint, is the lack of tracks. Everything else can come down to an individuals ability to race and tune in Forza.

To race AND tune? How does tune even come into play if you prefer driving stock? Or how do your abilities have an effect on people crashing online? Would seem more like the luck of the draw to me, than dependent on your abilities.

There are also plenty of racing leagues for online forza racing, if people cared to find them. They have rules in place, and will DQ anyone who doesn't abide by them. They aim to provide good clean racing, and often have specific regulations regarding the build allowed on a car (HP, Torque, Weight, ect).
People also still have the ability to race with friends in private, with as many laps as they like.

Ok, you will have to explain that to me, as it seems I'm missing that feature. So, I'm a casual racer, I'm mostly on call, and I never know when I'll have time to play. Once I do have some time, I want to sit down and do some multiplayer races then and there. So, how exactly does this whole leagues thing work? Where is the menu option? All I seem to be able to find are random hoppers. I'd appreciate the help, thanks!

Not much wrong with my logic here Sly, I have just been playing forza for a long ass time. And before that I was playing Gran Turismo, and countless other racing games. The problems some people face with any forza game, is they don't have the tuning ability to build a balanced car. The build also matters more than the tuning settings used, and has always been the case in Forza. I see far too many people do a Jeremy Clarkson and go "POWWWWWWERRRRR", and then wonder why they end up spinning out around the track.

Then there are just the people who can not race well in Forza, but they can sometimes be quick in a hotlap. Its too different things in the game, and hotlapping doesn't teach someone race craft. When they end up in a race, and if they are in anything but first place from the get go; they can panic and crash out. I have seen some quick hot lappers fall flat on their face like this. Not to mention newer people to the franchise, who just do not understand that Forza requires a bit of finesse with the inputs. Lets face it, we get lift off oversteer in front wheel drives and mid-ships. We get power on oversteer in RWD cars, and we get understeer if we attempt to power through a corner at unreasonable speeds. and we have to learn finer and finer throttle and brake control with each new iteration of Forza. Something that you only really see happen on pc sims most of the time. And something that I don't even think has properly happened with GT yet (Disclaimer!!!! I have played GT 1 through 5, but not played 6 at this time. I am not dissing GT with that last comment. I have not played GT on a decent wheel either, and I understand that the cars physics can feel completely different under that circumstance. I am just pointing out, and that in my opinion, while using a dualshock controller, that GT5 doesn't require any more finesse with driving than GT1. Just my opinion, and is not a dig at Gran Turismo players, or the game itself).

The 3 lap races I agree are stupidly short, but even now it is silly how easy it is to beat an unbeatable drivatar without any contact. Countless people have complained that the unbeatable drivatars do exactly the same stuff as the lower difficulty ones, which is only the same stuff people complained about in FM4, and FM3 before that, and FM2. No one single person has ever been happy with Forza's A.I; except perhaps the very first games A.I. The Drivatars in FM5 are slow, the Drivatars in FH2 are slow. Once someone has the basics of driving fast in forza down, have a decent build on their car, and have practised with their inputs. Then even the average Forza player will be able to beat them with ease. Forza's A.I has always been slow. I was doing some racing on Project cars last night, and the highest difficulty A.I are much faster than Forza's. A game still in development. I had a harder time getting into first place. The same goes with Assetto Corsa, the A.I are far faster than that of Forza's; and provide a better challenge. I cant beat them within a 3 lap race. I have to bump it up to a minimum of 7/8, and depending on the track and car used.

I disagree with your logic here. Especially on that first part :P

I like to play with the drivatar on unbeatable because they drive a lot less erratically. But unlike you, I struggle to beat them in 3 laps unless I set out to build a car specifically for that race. At least in other forza's (however they do all have issues) the AI wasn't prone to randomly swerve into your car on a straight. FM4's AI was way to simple, even for me. To me FM5 unbeatable is at least a challenge, if I had more laps it would be great. I don't want to have to cut corners, perform dangerous passes or other shady things to win. I want to practice racing correctly, and then practice doing that faster. I think you might be out of touch with the average Forza player. After a player has your ability and skills they are far into the 1%. Hell even I'm in the 1% on many tracks/classes.

My issue is the short races do tend to promote more crashing to the finish. Because of the AI playing dirty it makes it harder to play the game without playing dirty back. T10 can counter this by telling the driviatrs not to learn those behaviors. Personally this is not a very desirable thing. I'd rather be able to rate drivatars and custom select drivatars. I'd also like to turn off the drivatars learning mode when I'm just screwing around.

I feel T10 could do more to prevent crashers in the pubs. Like warn people when it thinks it detects a possible crasher of a potential ban.

Ok, you will have to explain that to me, as it seems I'm missing that feature. So, I'm a casual racer, I'm mostly on call, and I never know when I'll have time to play. Once I do have some time, I want to sit down and do some multiplayer races then and there. So, how exactly does this whole leagues thing work? Where is the menu option? All I seem to be able to find are random hoppers. I'd appreciate the help, thanks!
The leagues are not integrated. You have to find them online. It would be sweet if they were though!

Last edited:
Back