• Thread starter Sonic ZR1
  • 26 comments

Sonic ZR1

(Banned)
Russian Federation
Tomsk oblast
PSOne = no PSN
What do you all think about this wheel?
It's cheap (54$), has handbrake and compatible with PS2 (also found somewhere, that also compatible with PS1, but I don't sure).
Anyways it's better than burned clutch of a VAZ 2106.

Last edited:
Dude, I think you would be MUCH, much, much better off saving a little more and getting a DFGT or something in that class. This wheel you linked to honestly looks like a toy. The first wheel I ever bought looked kinda like that and it turned out to be JUNK. When I finally bought a DFGT it was like night and day, honest to god. Just trying to save you some heartache... :)

Dude, I think you would be MUCH, much, much better off saving a little more and getting a DFGT or something in that class. This wheel you linked to honestly looks like a toy. The first wheel I ever bought looked kinda like that and it turned out to be JUNK. When I finally bought a DFGT it was like night and day, honest to god. Just trying to save you some heartache... :)

Hmmm, it's too expensive, or doesn't appears in the my local shop...
Here's the list of wheels I can buy:
Defender Challenge Turbo USB (cheaper, really looks like a toy)
Defender Forsage Drift GT (1$ cheaper)
Defender Extreme Turbo Pro (that wheel, the only wheel that has handbrake)
Defender Forsage GTR (same price, but has only wheel and pedals, and looks worse)
Dialog GW-200 Street Racer I (cheaper, has only wheel and pedals)
Dialog GW-10VR Sprinter (same as for Defender Forsage GTR)
Genius Speed Wheel 5 Pro (1$ cheaper, has only wheel and pedals)
Speed-Link Darkfire Racing Wheel (1$ cheaper, has only wheel and pedals, not the best looking)
Thrustmaster Universal Challenge (1$ more expensive, looks like Ferrari wheel... :yuck:)

PS: Found DFGT in teh shop. It costs... 174$!? :crazy: I can't buy more expensive wheels than 55$...

Last edited:
Sonic ZR1
Hmmm, it's too expensive, or doesn't appears in the my local shop...
Here's the list of wheels I can buy:
Defender Challenge Turbo USB (cheaper, really looks like a toy)
Defender Forsage Drift GT (1$ cheaper)
Defender Extreme Turbo Pro (that wheel, the only wheel that has handbrake)
Defender Forsage GTR (same price, but has only wheel and pedals, and looks worse)
Dialog GW-200 Street Racer I (cheaper, has only wheel and pedals)
Dialog GW-10VR Sprinter (same as for Defender Forsage GTR)
Genius Speed Wheel 5 Pro (1$ cheaper, has only wheel and pedals)
Speed-Link Darkfire Racing Wheel (1$ cheaper, has only wheel and pedals, not the best looking)
Thrustmaster Universal Challenge (1$ more expensive, looks like Ferrari wheel... :yuck:)

PS: Found DFGT in teh shop. It costs... 174$!? :crazy: I can't buy more expensive wheels than 55$...

You could try to find a used logitech driving force pro. Those are cheap. You could probably find one for around 55. If you save and look around for a dfgt cheap you can also find one. To be honest all those wheels are probably crap. The thrustmaster one might work but I wouldn't reccomend a cheap thrustmaster wheel.

I hate to sound like an ass but if you can't spend more than 55 it probably isn't worth it for a wheel. The wheels in that price range are utter crap. The only good cheap wheels are a used dfpro or a dfgt.

You could try to find a used logitech driving force pro. Those are cheap. You could probably find one for around 55. If you save and look around for a dfgt cheap you can also find one. To be honest all those wheels are probably crap. The thrustmaster one might work but I wouldn't reccomend a cheap thrustmaster wheel.

I hate to sound like an ass but if you can't spend more than 55 it probably isn't worth it for a wheel. The wheels in that price range are utter crap. The only good cheap wheels are a used dfpro or a dfgt.

I know... I sure that used DFGT wheel wil cost nearly 2/3 (~116$) (or 1/2 (~87$)) of it's original price. If I'll be able to find one... :(
And yes, cheap wheels won't give you realism effect. But I just can't have better ones, so I don't hunt for super-mega-hyper-realistic wheels.

Sonic ZR1
I know... I sure that used DFGT wheel wil cost nearly 2/3 (~116$) (or 1/2 (~87$)) of it's original price. If I'll be able to find one... :(
And yes, cheap wheels won't give you realism effect. But I just can't have better ones, so I don't hunt for super-mega-hyper-realistic wheels.

I got my dfgt new on sale for 87. Just keep hunting. Eventually a sale will pop up and you'll be able to afford it.

I got my dfgt new on sale for 87. Just keep hunting. Eventually a sale will pop up and you'll be able to afford it.

OK, I'll search for them... until 15th of June. That day I must buy teh steering wheel. Or nearly that day.
So, for now my choice is still that Defender wheel. If there is a better wheel in the list I wrote above, tell me, and also why. :)
PS: I'm not choosey at the realism. ;)

I'm considering selling my DFGT to upgrade to a G27.
Would you be interested?

Only if you live near to me.

Last edited:
Save up your money. Unless you want to spend your budget on repairing and replacing this wheel. Trust me, we aren't saying its cheap because it isn't realistic, we're saying it because it will break within a couple of weeks. Trust me, I bought a Defender a couple years back, within a week it wouldn't work. So save up your money, you won't regret it.

\\Haters gonna hate... -_-'
Forgot to say: the only driving simulator I playing is Gran Turismo 1 and 2, so stop advertising DFGT.

lol... yes for stupid arcade machine wheel
For a DFGT.
Wheel is starting with DFGT. The pedal is another case.

Nothing useful in these posts...

Save up your money. Unless you want to spend your budget on repairing and replacing this wheel. Trust me, we aren't saying its cheap because it isn't realistic, we're saying it because it will break within a couple of weeks. Trust me, I bought a Defender a couple years back, within a week it wouldn't work. So save up your money, you won't regret it.

\\\Finally something interesting...
I read the comments to this wheel. No one said that it was broken.

Any ffb wheel should be better than the controller and if it isn't just return it back to the store. Here you go this should help you

Hell, a non-ffb wheel should be better than a controller too. If we were talking bout pc racing sims you would've gotten better responses because those games don't cater to controllers. In that space, any wheel is better than the alternative (keyboard). That's my advice. -edit

Last edited:
Let us know how long it lasts.

Troll detected. :D
I haven't found any alternative, so... wait 10 years. Or longer. :P
PS: My wheel also can be connected to PlayStation 1 and 2. If manual says truth, and it's compartable with GT1 and GT2 - DFGT advertisers failed twice.

All wheels with a PlayStation(1&2) connector are compatible with all ps1 and ps2 games. I have a Trust GM-3200... The pedals are complete crap. The wheel itself has enormous deadzone and has no bearings. It had 180 degrees of rotation, but that was before I converted it to around 196...

All wheels with a PlayStation(1&2) connector are compatible with all ps1 and ps2 games. I have a Trust GM-3200... The pedals are complete crap. The wheel itself has enormous deadzone and has no bearings. It had 180 degrees of rotation, but that was before I converted it to around 196...

My wheel has deadzone at the last 10-15 degrees at the end of each side. (umm... dunno how to say correct :dunce:)
Pedals are fine. Gear shift stick and two buttons at the back of the wheel are L2 and R2. Handbrake is... brake. Yes, brake! :lol:
\\I've found it out at the calibrating, before 2 my previous posts.

He wasn't talking about a DFGT. He is talking about the DFP. It's an older wheel and is much cheaper then the DFGT, and will be better then those other wheels you are looking at.

Here's a link to one on ebay for 40$ used

It looks like their about 50$ new if you can find them.

Read the name of this thread.

I did read the name of the thread. I was just telling you that the DFP would be better then the wheels you were looking at. I know you bought one, and that wheel is included in the list of wheels that the DFP would be better then. It is probably also cheaper then the wheel you bought. The guy mentioned the DFP, and you responded to his post saying DFGT and that it was to expensive. I was just showing you that the DFP is not the DFGT, and it's much cheaper then you thought.
Maybe you should read the posts better that people have put in your thread. Then maybe you could have gotten a better wheel for your money.

I did read the name of the thread. I was just telling you that the DFP would be better then the wheels you were looking at. I know you bought one, and that wheel is included in the list of wheels that the DFP would be better then. It is probably also cheaper then the wheel you bought. The guy mentioned the DFP, and you responded to his post saying DFGT and that it was to expensive. I was just showing you that the DFP is not the DFGT, and it's much cheaper then you thought.
Maybe you should read the posts better that people have put in your thread. Then maybe you could have gotten a better wheel for your money.

I haven't found that wheel in Tomsk.

Back