Altering decal colour?

• Thread starter Stumps_GTI
  • 2 comments

Stumps_GTI

Premium
Australia
Aussie
Stumps_GTI
This may be a weird kind of thread to start up and if an Admin see fit to delete, so be it.. :)

I'm still very fresh to the game (month and a half..) and this may well be a well discussed topic elsewhere.
Sometimes in livery editor, some decals can be colour changed, other times they can not! :confused:
Does this have anything to do with background-base colour on the selected car??

I have two particular curves I have saved from uploaders. They are very good for creating big curved lines and I use them regularly.
But the other day I wanted to alter the colour of them and the option for paint change didn't appear. :(
Then today I tried again and it was possible to change colour??? :confused: What the.....

Is this a known "glitch" that is ongoing? Has anyone else had similar experience? :(
Cheers guys
Greg

When you upload a decals you get the options to lock colour and scaling (whether the decal can be skewed or squashed). If these options have been selected then one or two (depending on which options have been chosen) red icons appear next to the decal.

If they're left unlocked then there's no reason why they can't be edited unless they have been deleted by the uploader at which point they will stay in your existing design but become uneditable. So what you experienced was possibly just a bug and cured by the restart.

It's worth noting that all of the game-supplied logo/brand decals are locked for colour and scale, and all of the supplied shapes are unlocked.

When you upload a decals you get the options to lock colour and scaling (whether the decal can be skewed or squashed). If these options have been selected then one or two (depending on which options have been chosen) red icons appear next to the decal.

If they're left unlocked then there's no reason why they can't be edited unless they have been deleted by the uploader at which point they will stay in your existing design but become uneditable. So what you experienced was possibly just a bug and cured by the restart.

It's worth noting that all of the game-supplied logo/brand decals are locked for colour and scale, and all of the supplied shapes are unlocked.
Thanks again mate. 👍
I haven't had any luck making my own decals so far so I rely heavily on what others put up for use.
The two angled curves I was having issues with are both now working (altering) just fine, thank goodness. :)
But I have a carbon pattern that behaves as it wishes. LOL Sometimes it can be scaled, other times...not. :( No big deal, I have worked a way of still using, just don't try to scale it. haha. Without the scaling it makes the pattern just look too big. :(

Thanks again mate.
:cheers:

Back