Alternative to PSP Ad Hoc Party via PS3

• Thread starter bunta7
  • 9 comments
Like the title says, is there an alternative to using a PS3 for Ad Hoc Parties? I dont own a PS3 and i dont intend on buying one. Is there some sort of gadget that could replace a PS3 so i can get on the PS Network??

Any ideas..

Im getting bored racing AI.:yuck:

there is XLink KAI psp, but you gotta have a supported wifi card and be connected to the internet using ethernet (or have 2 wifi cards :D ), but xlink dont support PSN

it would certainly be nice to see more GT players on xlink

As lainlives said, XLink Kai is the free tunneling software needed to play ad-hoc games online. Since I don't have a wireless router, I bought Wifi-Max - problem is that it's a little USB plugin device that is finicky with certain people's computers. I could never get it to work with Windows Vista. Some people have no problem with the Wifi-Max, others like me can't get it to work at all.

there is XLink KAI psp, but you gotta have a supported wifi card and be connected to the internet using ethernet (or have 2 wifi cards :D ), but xlink dont support PSN

it would certainly be nice to see more GT players on xlink

Meaning, i can only race with other Xlink KAI users ???

http://www.ecost.com/Detail.aspx?edp=43041945&navid=155441519

this should work superbly, it even has the xlink kai logo, hope this helps at least a little

thank you.

I would play ad-hoc party.. but my ps3 has to be wired to a router ... and that just is impossible in my house... so stupid sony for making that a requirement.... but a stupid UNDERSTOOD requirement (lagging issues I suppose)

I would play ad-hoc party.. but my ps3 has to be wired to a router ... and that just is impossible in my house... so stupid sony for making that a requirement.... but a stupid UNDERSTOOD requirement (lagging issues I suppose)

Actually it is required to use a wired connection to the internet so that the wifi connection is free for the PSP to connect to.

Actually it is required to use a wired connection to the internet so that the wifi connection is free for the PSP to connect to.
that's good to know...i will get my cable on so i can use this...and can you use all versions of the PSP to link to the PS3 or just the newer ones? I have a 1001 and just orderd a refurbed 3001. thanks

Back