Am i alone?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MissRainy
  • 9 comments
  • 1,391 views
Messages
62
Saudi Arabia
clouds
Messages
RainyRider
I love GT5 and
i love Racing and drifting
Specially tendmoing with friends over online lobbies
BUT recently thing changed ... after update 2.08 thing started to get messy ... i can't connect to my friends lobby BECAUSE Of an Error saying (i don't remember exactly) "entry was refused duo to network incompatibility with the room owner,Error code 786" or something close to that ... and when the NEW update 2.10 came i can almost say that most my friends(ones from USA and Brazil) are totally blocked!!! ... like they well be in the same lobby but with a loading stripe next to there name and i can't see them on track!!! :*( ... i just tried everything ... Router setting...delete accounts and saved game file ... reset PS3...change to another ISP ... make a new account over other region ... i even tried to connect to my friends throw other lobbies...and Guess what? ... Errors errors errors errors!!!!!!! ... i just want to know if theirs a fix or at least to know if i am the only one in this situation? i feel so sad ATM
:guilty:

(NOTE:and sorry for my bad language it's not my native one)
 
Last edited:
I often get this same error [786] saying the same thing. What is interesting is I get it on only one of my routers (Hawking brand). If I switch to my netgear router I never have any issues getting into to any room. I have tried messing with lots of settings and I can't seem to improve anything on the Hawking router. Interesting thing is it mostly happens when the room I am trying to join only has a few bars showing (speed indication for the room in open lobby). Rooms with like 3 to 5 bars of speed I can usually connect to.

I'm guessing it is all due to recent changes they have made to "improve" things on the network lol.
 
Atlest I am not alone in this ...I hate PD for changing thing...but I have suspected that my router is casing that ... but as I said it used to work fine before... I wounder what other user well say about this... and thanks for replying ^,^

Edit 1: can you add me over PSN to test my connection with yours? Add "RainyRider"
 
That error has been there for a long time now, way before 2.10. It means that you and the host isn't compatible, it could be with your router or NAT type.
 
^ yeah, it's usually a NAT type incompatibility from what I have experienced.
 
I used to have that issue intermittently when connecting to rooms hosted outside my region. Ever since I went hardwired straight to the router though, it's never happened again.
 
I've had this happen in the past, and I don't know if this helped or it just went away, but I tried testing my connection. If that didn't work, (luckily I had 3-5 of the friends on my list all in the same room), I'd just check each person. One of gates would let me in finally.

I haven't had that problem in months now, though.
 
I often get this same error [786] saying the same thing. What is interesting is I get it on only one of my routers (Hawking brand). If I switch to my netgear router I never have any issues getting into to any room. I have tried messing with lots of settings and I can't seem to improve anything on the Hawking router. Interesting thing is it mostly happens when the room I am trying to join only has a few bars showing (speed indication for the room in open lobby). Rooms with like 3 to 5 bars of speed I can usually connect to.

I'm guessing it is all due to recent changes they have made to "improve" things on the network lol.

Same here. We used to use an older Belkin router - I'd constantly have connection issues, etc. on both my PS3 and 360. After updating to a newer router, I rarely come across errors and can (in some cases) connect to rooms with 1-2 bars just fine.

DMZ-ing your PS3 and being on a hard-wired connection should also help if the router isn't the problem.
 
Thanks everyone very helpful information. .. ill try them out for sure...and ill be updating this thred once I get a new better touter and connection and let you all know if it got fixed
 
Back