Am I imagining the improvements after the update?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KilzoneStrife
  • 12 comments
  • 1,217 views
Messages
1,206
South Africa
South Africa
Hey guys, Im not sure if I am or not. We got the mechanical damage patch the other day, I think Ive noticed the cockpit shadows get just a little better, also, shadows in rear view and side mirrors look better, I think. Its just that I was driving Jeff Gordans car through Circuit De La Sarthe, which was the first thing I did when I got the game, and I drove it again there yesterday and thought I saw an improvement?
 
I think I noticed it to that the cockpit shadows now don't have that crazy jazz
We could be crazy though hahahhaa
 
Hahahaa. Yeah, I also noticed interior shadows looking cleaner in other cars. Ive yet to check Eiger. In Eiger..the side mirrors..I dont think there were any shadows.. It looked very bare. But surely, 140mb patch added more than mechanical damage.
 
I will have to check this, even though I can't believe we're still on the topic of shadows. :P
 
I am almost positive the in-car shadows have been given an increase in resolution. They're very sharp compared to the other shadows in the game.
Exterior shadows, sadly, have remained the same. Look at the difference in resolution between the interiors shadows vs the side mirror shadows while in in-car POV.

It is encouraging to see that they are trying to improve the game.
 
I heard people reporting this so I kept an eye out yesterday and the cockpit shadows look just as jaggy to me in online as they do offline after the most recent patch. Didn't Kaz tweet something about how they can't "fix" the shadows?
 
The mind can believe things if it wants too.
 
This is why they should really write some release notes. Why they're not doing that is beyond me...
 
Theres less jaggie-ness on interior shadows I believe. Also..there was no list of fixes accompanying the update. So all we have is a trickable brain and cognitive thoughts.
 
I'm pretty sure the cockpits shadows are good again like GT5 Prologue
I also play in 720p not 1080p if that makes a difference
 
I just bought an SLR, driving through Cape Ring..no jagged shadows in cockpit.
 
Back