Am I Missing Something...? from Noobie :-)

Messages
3
Firstly, hello to everyone on the Forum! 👍

I have come to GT5 after a VERY long gap away from GT4 and noticed some differences, perhaps someone can briefly shed some light on these? By the way I am on A-Spec level 24 IIRC (don't laugh)

1) I can't find some of the races I expect to or have been told I've been 'awarded.' For instance, I have no rally or off-road races anywhere under any category apart from the 'Special Events.' Occasionally I also get told I have been awarded extra events (such as Nurburgring 4 hours and 24 hours in Practice Mode) but nothing new appears anywhere.

2) Whether this is connected to (1) above I don't know, but what exactly is the point of the licences? In GT4 I was unable to enter beyond a certain level unless I had passed various licences (for instance the Endurance races) so far I have only completed the lowest two licences (because I was bored and wanted a change) but that hasn't stopped me entering anything so far.

3) In the Endurance races in GT4, IIRC I could swap between A-Spec and B-Spec drivers if I wanted a cup of coffee, and let 'Bob' drive for a while. I haven't stumbled across that option yet, although my B-Spec driver experience is not high enough for him to enter the Endurance races in B-Spec mode. Does this option exist? If not, le mans is going to be a bit of a drag...

There's probably something I'm missing but the layout of the game seems a little 'odd' to how I remember it in GT4.

Be kind... :)

Johnny
 
1) The only rally events are those in the special events tap. The pop up usually is there because you reached the next level of such a special event.
The NĂĽrburgring thing, for example, are just new tracks being unlocked for Arcade Mode and practice sessions.

2) The licenses don't serve a particular point anymore. You can use them to get a headstart in terms of level and cars when starting out, but aside from a few credits, XP and cars, there's nothing to be had.

3) Nope, sharing your endurance races with B-Spec Bob doesn't work anymore. You'll have to do them all by yourself :indiff:
 
2) The licenses don't serve a particular point anymore. You can use them to get a headstart in terms of level and cars when starting out, but aside from a few credits, XP and cars, there's nothing to be had.

I just notice this, i always do first all licenses then go to the races:sick:

ps. this is sad for a gt fan, i really like do the licenses to unlock the races
 
Thanks for the replies :-)

It seems really weird that you can enter Extreme and Endurance races just by having 'experience' which might mean 1000 times round the most productive track and blagging your way through with basic skills.

But, I am really going to miss 'Bob' as a second Endurance driver, I think this is a major oversight on behalf of the programmers and something that certainly wouldn't happen in real life. I also seem to recall GT4 allowed the race to be 'speeded up' in B-Spec mode, if wanted. How on earth am I going to sit down for 4 hours or 9 hours and race in real time, let alone 24 hours? And not being able to 'save my progress' through the race means I have to keep my PS3 ON all the time when I am taking any breaks, even if I have to sleep or go to work in the interim. Not very eco-friendly, is it? :crazy:

Johnny
 
Welcome to GT-Life, where sense and logic were left on the cutting room floor.
 
Back