am i missing something..?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fatal Error
  • 22 comments
  • 2,634 views
Messages
16
i'm curious as to how people end up with like 75+ million...am i missing something what...are there races that give tons of money..or do i have to do those series of races for 35k...there must be races that give 100k or something...i need money, and i'm sick of doing the same race over and over again getting 10k each time..it doesn't seem worth it
 
get your a license, a fairly decent car and go to special conditions track. First set of races will get you Cadillac Cien and second set of races will get you toyota rally car. Sel lthe rally car(265,000) and build your Cien up. Now you can do alot of different race series with this butt woopin Cien, this is very good for starters needing money/cars.
 
yeah to me the balance of this game is unbelivable. I liked it in GT3 where you would start out really low and have to work your way up. to me the stuff they let you do at the very begining of the game is boggling.
 
ChristmasGTO
yeah to me the balance of this game is unbelivable. I liked it in GT3 where you would start out really low and have to work your way up. to me the stuff they let you do at the very begining of the game is boggling.

I suppose this is OT but I was thinking the same thing. Money is almost irrelevant in GT4. I can't imagine there are many people who haven't played GT3 and can start off with 110K if they want. You get a ton of cars just for doing the license tests. You can re-win cars. I love GT4, but they've certainly taken the initial fun factor out of working to get some money to upgrade a car.

I'm not saying GT3 was some huge challenge; I had to self-impose a lot of restrictions to make things interesting the 2nd time I played it. If you wanted you could just get a car from the license tests then run the PD cup for your first race and get the best F1 car. Still, this seems to be one area where GT4 is taking a big step backwards. Not only is money much easier to get from the first day (which ruins a lot of the fun of upgrading), but you also have to consider that when you upgrade it's just going to make the other cars in your races get faster, so you might as well forget it and go buy some really fast car.

(edit) Of course some of this is just negative speculation on my part based on what I've read. I haven't done anything but the license tests yet, so I have no reason to complain. Hopefully the way the game changes cars based on the power of the car you're driving will actually be a positive thing, allowing you to have competitive races with a wider variety of vehicles (as opposed to making a particular race in a particular car always easy or always hopeless regardless of how you mod the car).
 
within 30 minutes I had almost every American Car in the game.... 1/2 of them fully upgrades...It's something that shocked me, its unbelievable they allowed it....


I understand that hey you can do it if you want, and that its an option, but almost immediatly you start getting an insain ammount of cash flow w/ or without the Toyota Rally car.

Making races re-winning prize cars is IMO a "leap" backwards.
 
ChristmasGTO
Making races re-winning prize cars is IMO a "leap" backwards.

Definitely. In GT3 you had to be careful because there were many cars you could never get back if you sold them. In GT4 every player is now more of a bulk vehicle merchant than a driver. Hell, you don't even have to drive with B-spec. Just sit back and watch the cash roll in.
 
so far i have refused to re-play any races just to get cars for sell and make money... that'd totally defeat the purpose of having "money" in the game....

only got around $2.1M so far... hoping i will get enough money to buy one of the special black cars on day 694
 
woodstock827
so far i have refused to re-play any races just to get cars for sell and make money... that'd totally defeat the purpose of having "money" in the game....

only got around $2.1M so far... hoping i will get enough money to buy one of the special black cars on day 694

What are the special black cars on day 694????
 
droptopgt
What are the special black cars on day 694????

In the used car lots there will be all black Toyota GT-ONE, Mazda 787b, Nissan R390 GT1, and a ....... check Maskrider's gallery for photos.
 
The other tis the Nissan R92CP. If you miss them at Day 694 they will be there again after 700 days.
 
are you playing japanese version?? if you are not meaby thats why you think people have some many credits ..you can take few zeros of that 75milion...
 
I'm one of the "few" that doesn't have GT3. Therefore I started out at the bottom of the food chain. I bought a used Toyota MR2 that turned out to be utter crap. Slowly making money to upgrade it to win more money:)
 
I can somewhat undestand the ability to make lots of money. Do you realize with over 700 cars how much money you will need to make to acquire them all? I have the Japanese version and each JGTC car is 135,000,000 credits. I would like to have them all and there are, what?, 20 of them. That is a hell of alot of money. Not to mention the 4 black used cars on day 694, plus the non used ones that are 350,000,000 credits each, plus the LMP's which are 450,000,000 credits each. The amount of money you will need to spend to acquire (not to mention upgrade) all these cars is astounding. Thank god I can acquire cash pretty quickly otherwise I will die of old age after purchasing car number 586.
 
Buying a car is one thing and tuning it is another.

Yes, you can gain some of cash pretty quickly, but you must be very careful how to spend it. To maxxximise your car you need decent amount of money, times every car you want to upgrade.

Not to forget the real need to purchase rollcage for every car and to make recycle for every used car and every car that has passes 100 000 km mark to mantain its state (combined 80 000 credits per car). Of course, that counts only if you care about having (for example) white BMW M Coupe that appears once in 999 days. If you do not care about the colours of the used cars, it is not that important.

Then slick-racing tyres in 5 versions. Dirt and Ice tyres for fun and Photomode usage. Special model cars. And BlackBeauties too.
 
amar212
Of course, that counts only if you care about having (for example) white BMW M Coupe that appears once in 999 days.

wow...didn't know it took so long to reappear. I'm glad I nabbed it when I did!


Also, the game is as hard or easy as you make it. There's no need to clear and rerun races if you don't want/need to. I am already planning my 2nd time through the game and I will not import money from GT3 or rerun races.
 
dbartucci
In the used car lots there will be all black Toyota GT-ONE, Mazda 787b, Nissan R390 GT1, and a ....... check Maskrider's gallery for photos.
How much do each of the cars cost? Im at day 680, so theyre coming soon. Now, i have almost 5million... is that enough?
 
everyone should realize that a huge majority of people that play this game dont play for dignity and follow real rules or care about a-spec points. people just wanna fly around in cars they'd never be able to drive in real life. so criticizing all of the ways to win money isnt gonna get u anywhere. u guys are in the bottom percentile. dont do it if u dont want to and do it if u want to. and i do recall gt3 being easy as well since i could win the amateur races, that gave a vertigo, with my second car (Z28) pretty easily. nothing will ever be right for certain people anyway so none of this really matters. this game is for all ages, not 20-40yr old serious racers only.
and on a sidenote...im not saying its anyone in this thread, but i swear that about 100 members in this forum need to get together and make their own game because they just cant be pleased and have way too much to ***** about when it comes to a 50 dollar game.
 
jr93alty
everyone should realize that a huge majority of people that play this game dont play for dignity and follow real rules or care about a-spec points. people just wanna fly around in cars they'd never be able to drive in real life. so criticizing all of the ways to win money isnt gonna get u anywhere. u guys are in the bottom percentile. dont do it if u dont want to and do it if u want to. and i do recall gt3 being easy as well since i could win the amateur races, that gave a vertigo, with my second car (Z28) pretty easily. nothing will ever be right for certain people anyway so none of this really matters. this game is for all ages, not 20-40yr old serious racers only.
and on a sidenote...im not saying its anyone in this thread, but i swear that about 100 members in this forum need to get together and make their own game because they just cant be pleased and have way too much to ***** about when it comes to a 50 dollar game.
:bowdown:
You are he hero!
I spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in GT1 - GT3 earning money - raising through the ranks, playing "for real".
Now GT4 comes out? Forget that, I want to race. I don't want to spend another weekend trying to "earn" my license.
I'm certified to drive on Road America (in real life) at full speed with 3 different organizations and other tracks in the northern Midwest (RA is my home town track). I don't have to "prove" myself to a video game. I use the GT series to get my racing fix during the off season & to play around with cars I'll never be able to run on a real track. So all of this macho "your not earning your way through GT4" is BS. Find something else to complain about, like some other game. Nobody is forcing you to play.
 
hacker-pschorr
:bowdown:
You are he hero!
I spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in GT1 - GT3 earning money - raising through the ranks, playing "for real".
Now GT4 comes out? Forget that, I want to race. I don't want to spend another weekend trying to "earn" my license.
I'm certified to drive on Road America (in real life) at full speed with 3 different organizations and other tracks in the northern Midwest (RA is my home town track). I don't have to "prove" myself to a video game. I use the GT series to get my racing fix during the off season & to play around with cars I'll never be able to run on a real track. So all of this macho "your not earning your way through GT4" is BS. Find something else to complain about, like some other game. Nobody is forcing you to play.

That works for me.

I used to race bikes and this game is totally a good way to keep my ass out of trouble. (much cheaper too!!!) LOL
 
The point of all that money is simple, buy cars and upgrade.

They are not enough races and championships for PD to put every car as a Prize car, so if you want a car that can't be won, you'll have to buy.

Exemple, the Mercedes Sl65 AMG, A TOTAL BEAST, I must add!
I'm not sure about those 2 but the Mercedes SLR and the ZZ2 can't be won, they have to be bought, together that's already 1 millions +.

You can't win loads of JGTC cars like in GT3, you have to buy them, which is about 1.250.000$ per cars....Huh who doesn't need that money now huh?
 
Back