Am I on crack?

I dont know if this is accurate, but it worked like 11 times in a row for me.  When the prize cars come up in sihlouette, pressing the control button corresponding to the direction the car is in selects that car. (X O Sq, Tri) is this a published feature?  Am I full of sh**?  Just try it a couple of times before you flame me and tell me what you come up with.  (if this is true, I need to learn the sihlouettes, because I STILL cant get an Altezza LM)

Well, one thing I know is that there are about 1,000 different theories on how to get the car you want.

I will certainly try this and let you know.

goto to ps2.ign.com and look at their strategty guide, they have  foolproof way of gettin any or all of the prize cars from any given race. the only thing that sux is that u need two mem cards, luckily i have two. hope that helps

Quote: from lordzeke on 2:17 am on July 19, 2001[br]goto to ps2.ign.com and look at their strategty guide, they have  foolproof way of gettin any or all of the prize cars from any given race. the only thing that sux is that u need two mem cards, luckily i have two. hope that helps
Does it matter if one is a PS1 card?

Yes you need 2 PS2 memory cards (PS1 wont work). Also I tried the car winning thing you said, and it doesn't work. Its random.

Quote: from BrianCNorton on 9:10 am on July 18, 2001[br]I dont know if this is accurate, but it worked like 11 times in a row for me.  When the prize cars come up in sihlouette, pressing the control button corresponding to the direction the car is in selects that car. (X O Sq, Tri) is this a published feature?  Am I full of sh**?  Just try it a couple of times before you flame me and tell me what you come up with.  (if this is true, I need to learn the sihlouettes, because I STILL cant get an Altezza LM)

When exactly do you push the button?  Do you push it many times or do you hold it down?  I just tried it and it didn't work.  I pushed X and I got what was at Sqr.  It could also have been that I had the accelerator taped down (R2).

RANDOM is the way it should be.

For example, if there are four cars up for grabs in any one race, cheating will shorten your game lifespan.

Oh, didn't you realise that was CHEATING!

Cheating?
How is that cheating?
I have 6 ****
ing Impreza Race Cars and NO ALTEZZA LM!  I hate that damn dream car series.

I tried it a couple more times and it worked like 5 out of 6 times.  I just repeatedly tap the button as soon as the cars start moving in from the bottom.

I tried it, it does not work.  Just like most of the other schemes people have touted.

They were probably referring to the prize cars awarded in non-series events, like the FF challenge.

I don't think so, because you can go BUY all of those cars to get a second!  Has anybody found a non-series prize car that isnt for sale, or also available from another series race?

The endurance race on the super speedway is the only way to go.  You get 200,000 and a chance at the f1 car.  if you dont get it, you will still get an awsome car!

Not all of the cars you win in the non series meetings you can buy.  In the amature N/A races you win the Mazda RX8.  This is a car you cannot buy.

Here are the places you can find a RX8.

Amateur League: Gran Turismo World Championship

Amateur League: NA Race of NA Sports

All Golds on A License

This info can be found here: http://gtplanet.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=12&topic=198

Someone mentioned the Super Speedway.

If I remember my GT2, wasn't that the second easiest track? After the Test Track, of course!

What kinda car do you recommend?!

Back