Am I seeing things? Post LM race funk.

  • Thread starter Thread starter grape1
  • 11 comments
  • 783 views
Messages
5
After B spec'ing the first 24 LM race @ Sarthe in the Minolta Toyota, I did an oilchange, refreshed the body, and when back in the home garage, I noticed that the HP wasn't the same as before the race. The car has all parts, and I was running the turbo stage 4. Am I missing something?

BTW, first post. Thx
 
Welcome to GTP, a few things.
1. Try the search function! more then 80,000 members it's mostliky been asked before a million times.
2. Welcome to GTP o wait i said that.
3. Not all screens in GT4 show the proper HP of the car.
4. If the car needs a oil change, and you give it one, the power go up a lil to restore the lost power.👍
 
Thx for the greet. Well, I guess I'm just disappointed that the car would lose nearly 100 hp just after 4,000 miles.
 
grape1
Thx for the greet. Well, I guess I'm just disappointed that the car would near 100 hp just after 4,000 miles.

and what was your average speed for those 4,000 miles, ne? And it's 24 hours straight! That's bound to wear out an engine.
 
Well, I guess I just now found out about the engine wear factor in GT4...like others have said, it's a little bit disappointing that you can't do an engine rebuild, but oh well, it's still a fast car.
 
Master_Yoda
Hahahaha, Everyone knows Volvos last forever, like my neighbors that got hit by a tree, but he still drives it. :lol: :lol:

Got hit by a tree? Usually it's the other way around. What was the tree doing at the time? Was it trying to leave, or branch out into new fields of behaviour?

EDIT: Oh yeah I forgot: the thread. Grape1, a search (or even a casual read) would have turned up one of the billions of threads discussing power loss. I suggest you have a go because there is some fascinating information on the board about the subject and it is well worth reading. It will also point out that ALL cars with few exceptions (the 1hp models and FGT cars spring to mind), including those of little horsepower, lose power with mileage.
As to your specific question though, which was "am I missing something?" The answer is definitely yes. After completing a 24 hour endurance event, you will almost certainly be missing a bit of horsepower...
 
First off, Welcome to the Planet. Hope we continue to make you feel welcome.👍
Good question by the way...

In GT4, you will note that if you buy a used car it will have one HP figure.
When you get it back to your garage, it will have a different figure.
Then with an oil change, that figure will change, but it will be yet a third figure.
Then when you take it to the manufacturer to build it up it will show a fourth figure.
If that's not confusing enough, take the car for a race. Watch the replay. It will show yet another HP figure.

Back in the "bad old days" with GT2 this was also a problem from the "info box" to the garage with an unmodified car. And I imagine it's why you could sometimes, in the settings screens, mod a car a few HP over the "allowable" HP.
 
Thx for the help guys. Yea, I hadn't played since GT2, so I wasn't expecting that kind of detail in the game. Anyways, problem solved.
 
Gil
In GT4, you will note that if you buy a used car it will have one HP figure.
When you get it back to your garage, it will have a different figure.
Then with an oil change, that figure will change, but it will be yet a third figure.
Then when you take it to the manufacturer to build it up it will show a fourth figure.
If that's not confusing enough, take the car for a race. Watch the replay. It will show yet another HP figure.
A couple of these anomalies can be avoided by using PS rather than HP to display power figures (even when you have HP selected some screens show the PS value which is why there is a difference).
 
Alfaholic
Got hit by a tree? Usually it's the other way around. What was the tree doing at the time? Was it trying to leave, or branch out into new fields of behaviour?
Big storm hit Marin, lots of trees fell, one of them landed on my neghbors whote Volvo hatchback. But it's still drivable. Volvos are safe, but are the safer then the Bowler Wildcat?
 
Back