Am i the only one disappointed in the new M4?

  • Thread starter Thread starter whatsgt5
  • 9 comments
  • 1,463 views
Messages
48
United States
Chicago
Messages
Chuckwu68
Got the new M4 in GT6 yesterday took it on mount panorama with all driving aid off, TC at 0, abs at 1. Then I bought the 04' M3 use the same setting and same track, I have to say that I'm a lot more impressed with the old 04' M3 than the new M4. The M3 had better grip, better sound(that mechanical whine) steering is very precise, M4 is just kinda of a normal, there is nothing that really stand out, sure its faster but it actually doesnt feel fast, its just mundane, and rare grip sux. it just looks better thats about it.
Anyone else feel the same way?
 
No but i have just had a drive in my dream car, the FXX and feel like crying!

The sound couldn't be more wrong, do PD even try ?
It should sound like trying to tame hell instead it sounds like my neighbours ride on lawnmower and about as exciting!

Don't even mention the Z4 GT3....:indiff:
 
Guys for sound we'll have to wait a little while, but cars aren't like we think they'll be, I have recently driven 458 Italia, I taught it will blow my mind away but small VW Polo from 2006 is more fun to drive, Ferrari is great but it can be much better and it should be improved cause something is missing.
You should complain to BMW and Ferrari. My all time favourite car of all time is GT-R R32 and now R35, I hope I'll have the chance to drive them and I'm not expecting anything, better to let them to blow my mind away.
 
I bet the new M4 is great to drive on public roads. Always more than enough torque, better fuel efficiency etc..
But those modern turbo engines with their almost linear power output take away some emotion. I still prefer having a good old high reving NA.
 
Note: I have not driven the car yet.

However, I've noticed that a lot (all?) road cars in this game seem to come with open diffs including the ones that are supposed to come equipped with something a bit fancier. Try buying it the diff upgrade before you chuck the car.

Mount Panorama seems to benefit from a fancy diff more than most tracks too.

Maybe I'm just crazy about the diff thing, I dunno.
 
No, not just you.. the car's crap.

The M5, on the other hand.. that's a dream.
 
I won it in the seasonal and really like it. Seems very neutral to me and it may be the new CSL.
 
I've only used it in the seasonal so far. Golded and won the car and I thought it drove quite nicely.
 
I feel like the default tuning of M4 is the source of the problem. You cannot change the tuning of the car, and if you were able to, I can imagine M4 handling very well and pleasure to drive
 
I just drove it and won it in the seasonal, and it feels like quite a fine car tbh.
 
Back