Am I the only one still waiting for their pre-ordered copy?

• Thread starter MSTER232
  • 26 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
MSTER232
PS3 =/= Xbox 360
I pre-ordered GT6 from Amazon last week Monday and paid for express delivery on checkout which states it will give guaranteed delivery on day of release for the item. I've checked my order and it said it was dispatched from 3 days ago; where is my copy? Have they delivered it to the wrong address even though I checked everything I entered twice to see if it was correct? Surely I can't be the only one who is waiting for their copy to arrive...?

A friend of mine has the same problem; his copy was suppposed to arrive yesterday - now he's supposed to wait till Monday...

Hopefully it turns out good for all of you, guys :)

I pre-ordered GT6 from Amazon last week Monday and paid for express delivery on checkout which states it will give guaranteed delivery on day of release for the item. I've checked my order and it said it was dispatched from 3 days ago; where is my copy? Have they delivered it to the wrong address even though I checked everything I entered twice to see if it was correct? Surely I can't be the only one who is waiting for their copy to arrive...?

Hi had probs with amazon uk too. Found out to save money they not been using couriers to guarantee delivery, but just putting in post for delivery for Royal Mail ( cheap skates). . So told them they have failed to meet obbligations and have got them to send out another tracked by 1pm Monday.

I pre-ordered the anniversary edition from Might Ape (which I didn't realise ships from New Zealand). They posted it on Monday (seems fair enough to arrive for Friday) but, according to the Australia post parcel tracking site, the thing hasn't even turned up in Australia yet!

Not a happy chappie (I don't blame Might Ape for the hold up. But I'm not happy with Aust Post right now!).

Cheers,
Amateur1.

That's really strange and I would be annoyed, too.
Ordered my copy from amazon.co.uk in October and it was dispatched Thursday evening. Estimated delivery was on Monday (I'm in Germany, mind), but then I already received my copy Saturday morning (Carrier DHL).
GTA 5 was delivered in two days, as well. Never had any issues with amazon.co.uk. 3 days delivery tops. But it was always with DHL, so I guess the problem lies with Royal Mail.

You are not alone.

I pre-ordered and paid my Anniversary Edition copy maybe a month ago. Dec 6 is national holiday here in Finland so no postmen at work then, and I really thought they would make sure people get their copies by Dec 5, but it did not happen. And after Dec 6 is the weekend when mail doesn't move either. I am hoping for delivery tomorrow, but nothing is guaranteed, and I will still have had to wait at least 3 days extra.

What is worst is that by Dec 5, some physical stores were selling copies. And now during the weekend after the proper release date, every store is selling it. But I who am a long-time GT fan, and pre-ordered AND paid several weeks ago, is forced to wait. Also the extra long weekend would have been perfect for non-stop GT action, but tomorrow it's back to work again...

Very disappointed with the store from where I pre-ordered, as they listed delivery date as Dec 2, but not until Dec 4 I was told that it had shipped out from a warehouse in Sweden...

Yeah, my copy from Amazon failed to arrive on Friday as well. I would've been more annoyed if I'd paid extra for delivery.

It's slightly frustrating but assuming it turns up on Monday, not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.

From another thread:
I just received an e-mail why my copy of GT6 hadn't dispatched - out of stock.
...But I pre-ordered it, and I do recall it being in stock at that time. I cannot recall any of my other preorders ending up like this :ill:
I guess that's a lesson learnt. Not going to place any orders from that site anymore.
So basically, I pre-ordered GT6 and it had to be in stock for me to even place the order. No dispatch e-mail was ever sent and of course GT6 didn't turn up on December 6th. I e-mailed them and I only got a reply saying that they were out of stock. Surely a pre-order "reserves" you a copy of the game even if it becomes out of stock at release?

Well I'm very happy to hear that I'm not the only one; makes me feel a little bit better about not getting my copy yet.
You're not alone. I purchased the Asia Collectors edition, which only came in stock on December 7 :grumpy:. It's currently in transit with an expected delivery time by wednesday 6pm :banghead:.
It was in stock on my birthday :P .
Hi had probs with amazon uk too. Found out to save money they not been using couriers to guarantee delivery, but just putting in post for delivery for Royal Mail ( cheap skates). . So told them they have failed to meet obbligations and have got them to send out another tracked by 1pm Monday.
So one of the biggest online shopping companies is trying to save money by not using couriers but simply by putting them in the post? I might as well sue them since I paid extra for express delivery (which is almost always via the top couriers) and they treat their customers like crap by simply putting their order into the post box around the corner :rolleyes: .
I pre-ordered the anniversary edition from Might Ape (which I didn't realise ships from New Zealand). They posted it on Monday (seems fair enough to arrive for Friday) but, according to the Australia post parcel tracking site, the thing hasn't even turned up in Australia yet!

Not a happy chappie (I don't blame Might Ape for the hold up. But I'm not happy with Aust Post right now!).

Cheers,
Amateur1.
Funnily enough NZ is pretty much next door to Australia if I recall correctly and it hasn't shown up :lol: .

Same problem, but with courier Purolator. For the last two days my copy is driving around in town in a truck after it took half a day to fly from 2,500 miles away. Apparently Purolator could not complete deliveries in the last two days because it has too many packages and not enough trucks in town. Quick to accept money upfront for express service. Hope they are quick to offer a refund for failure to deliver to their guarantee.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to get mine tomorrow :) Preordered it in October and I was charged on the 5th while it packaged for 2 days then finally left... and its well idk where, there tracking information is " , US 12-7-13 11:30 AM" :lol: I think they lost it. :( ehh... Newegg sucks, I remember waiting for 2.5 weeks for 2 sticks of RAM. 2-3 years ago. :|

You have company, friend of mine in Washington state won't get his until Thursday.

Fortunately I did not run into that myself because I opted for in-store pick up.

Your wait may not be in vain it you pre-ordered an Anniversary edition.

Thanks to the bundled Anniversary cars I was able to unlock Super level...

...without buying anything besides the initial force-fed Honda Fit.

Last edited:
Weird, seems like most of these issues are happening with Amazon from what I read.

I'm also still waiting on my pre-order from amazon.co.uk Last time ever that I pre-order a GT game with them... I'm happy I decided to go out to the local shop on saturday to pick up a copy :) Amazon will be getting mine back... if I ever get it delivered, that is... :P

I thought I was the only who was still waiting for GT6 *realises I was wrong*

I pre-ordered the Anniversary Edition from GameStop a long time ago, which was dispatched last Thursday and sent on Friday. Nothing at all happening during the weekend, and they're expecting it to be delivered late today (Wednesday), which, knowing the danish mail system, means I'll get it Thursday at earliest (a week after the first signs of life!). To GS' defence, it had to be shipped from the U.S., which causes, along with speculations that the codes I've preordered are U.S.-locked (as I've heard talk about :scared: ), longer delivery times. Frustrating nonetheless, especially because just about everyone else has got their copy of it.

Edit: the very same day I begin talking about this, guess what's in the mail. Oh, the irony..

Last edited:
If you want fast delivery, try www.shopto.net next time you order. I ordered mine at 16:59 hours on Friday the 6th (free delivery), & it was delivered 08:10 hours Saturday the 7th.

👍

Hi there, my Amazon UK copy arrived on Monday so only 4 days late (Pre ordered half a year ago..).

When I spoke to Amazon on Sunday night they told me if it had not arrived by the 11th (or was it the 12th.. hmm), I should get back in touch and they would send another copy and if the first one ever arrived they wanted it returned for free.

If I was you I would push for a replacement copy to be dispatched today, so you have some hope of getting it for the weekend. All the postal services are totally swamped as one would expect at this time of year. Next day delivery means nothing.

Here in Brazil, all pre-orders are late. Mine was from Sony Brazil official store. But on my local store next to my house there is the same version, with DLC from pre-order :(

I bought in the local store and will give the pre-order to my brother as Christmas present (we don't live in the same house :P).

I have yet to receive my Amazon pre-order. I bought a copy at the game store on friday cause I didn't want to wait. Now I will have 2 copies. Anyone want one?

I've got my copy from last Monday guys, thanks for all the suggestions though. Hopefully peoples' copies will be arriving shortly :) .

This is why I buy ALL my games at a local store. I have NEVER had to wait for a game...ever.

Pre-orders are silly... I walked into Best Buy and bought one off the rack.
Pre-orders and ordering online are 2 totally different things. This thread is about people that ordered online and don't have their copy. Pre-ordering games from local stores is THE smartest thing you can do. It guarantees they will reserve a copy. If you decide to change your mind and don't buy the game, your pre-order money can go toward another game. Also pre-orders are usually only $5.00.

Last edited:
Back