Am I the only one who doesn't play Sport Mode?

  • Thread starter Thread starter GBO Possum
  • 13 comments
  • 1,334 views

GBO Possum

Not quite the oldest member. Yet.
Premium
Messages
3,700
United States
Massachusetts
Messages
GBO-Possum
When I read that GTS was to be "Sport Mode" and pretty much nothing else, I said to myself "surely not?"

I'm relieved that the pundits were wrong.

I'm having a heap of fun in the many single player modes, and occasional fun lobby races with a mate, and have yet to go race with the 12 year old hooligans. It'll probably stay that way.

Are my friend and I the only non-Sport Mode players?
 
I gave up because of the total lack of fairplay after two weeks of trying. It is an utter hell hole.
 
I'm often on psn parties with a few mates who don't care at all about sport mode. They just have fun racing in lobbies with their friends, sharing setups, doing some fun relaxed races and having a laugh.

Meanwhile, while they're there, I sometimes join them. Other times I go into Sport Mode by myself while still talking to them.

From what I see on my friends list, the large majority of people doesn't even set times in Sport Mode races. They're mostly playing online with their mates.
 
Done three races. Not qualified and started last. Finished 2nd 2nd and 1st in full lobies. Total muppets in sport mode.
 
Done three races. Not qualified and started last. Finished 2nd 2nd and 1st in full lobies. Total muppets in sport mode.

Is it weird that I suspect you're Jimmy Broadbent?
 
Your post comes off as a bit elitist tbh. Lots of mature people with great racing experience in sport mode as well. Idiots can be found in any game mode, even offline (stupid AI).
 
You beat a ton of d rated racers...... that definitely proves that everyone sport mode is bad because you played against the worst. Might be a little sarcasm there
 
Sport mode is the best road course racing I've had in a game, ever.
I still race in online lobbies with friends, but having dedicated rooms with set race times, car classes, qualifying, and equal-skilled drivers, creates an amazing environment for close racing. Luckily because of the set times, you can do both. A Gr.3 Race every hour on the hour, let's me hop into a lobby with my same car, and get some variety of tracks and competition, but still in the same class with friends, hop back into sport, and keep trying to rank up, working towards better point positions for the championships series, etc.
 
I’m pretty new to GT this is my first one since GT3 on PS2. I was very intimidated by sport mode at first but now I’m completely hooked. Definitely after getting the 20 wins I can just go in and have fun. Sometimes it can be ruined by A holes but hey what online game can’t these days?
 
I think Sports mode is incredible. It's not without faults, but the vast majority of the time I have been matched with great, fair drivers. Most importantly, they're very competitive. I thought I was good at racing games until GTS. Even when I qualify for pole, I'm having intense battles for the entire race.

For what it's worth, the lower tiers of DR/SR can be frustrating - but if you're quick and clean, you'll get wins. Once you're into higher DR/SR, the races are super clean. You are always going to get an annoying driver who is overly aggressive, makes contact or straight up has poor form (brake checking, blocking etc). The SR system needs some work, but as a visible metric that is doing the right thing MOST of the time - it is doing wonders in encouraging drivers to race fairly. I've received 3 messages through PSN apologising to me for making contact, or explaining why a collision happened - which blew my mind. FYI - I've also received one that simply said 'scum' after a race too, so it's not always great.

That said, I don't think you need to play Sport mode in this game to enjoy it. The most fun I've had so far, is racing in lobby's with friends - testing different cars/tunes, running endurance races and just overall having a good laugh.
 
650.jpg
 
When I read that GTS was to be "Sport Mode" and pretty much nothing else, I said to myself "surely not?"

I'm relieved that the pundits were wrong.

I'm having a heap of fun in the many single player modes, and occasional fun lobby races with a mate, and have yet to go race with the 12 year old hooligans. It'll probably stay that way.

Are my friend and I the only non-Sport Mode players?

I play GTS online and offline and agree that there is loads to do offline in GTS. If I didn’t race online at all I wpould still be perfectly happy with what is on offer in single player mode. Custom race mode is just awesome and is one of the reasons I decided about a week out from release to purchase GTS whereas up until then I wasn’t interested.
 
When in S rating its pretty clean most of the time and the level of thenplayers pretty high most of the time iam in the middle somewhere......

I like
 
Back