Am I the only one...

United States
Port Washington
GTP_skeeter23
Having a hard time getting excited for GTA this year? We're down to what about 12hrs until start time?

I think all the other dissapointments with GT over the last year have tainted it a bit for me. Not to mention I took huge amounts of time off so I'm constatly "rusty" now.

Add to that the fact that it looks like NA is being thrown in with several other countries this year so I think my usual goal of regional top 500 is probably out of reach now anyway.

Right now unless something changes my lack of motivation I'm probably just going to gold everything and put it back on the shelf. I don't know.

How about you?

(Obviously this won't apply to the "Aliens" out there gunning for the top prize lol)

Yeah, not really excited about this GTA edition, and it'd probably be my last attempt since I don't plan to buy a PS4...

I wasn't expecting to become a racing driver but to drive fast cars in Silverstone. So yeah, after knowing that this year race camp is going to be on Yas Marina I feel even less motivated. Nonetheless, I'll give it a try as if it were another seasonal event.

I am not an Alien by any stretch of the imagination, but I am definitely excited and can't wait to get started. You see, I have a simple goal and that is just to become a finalist for my region. (NA) This is the only reason that I have kept playing GT6, to keep my skill set sharp just for this event. You gotta believe!!!!!!!!!

I am not an Alien by any stretch of the imagination, but I am definitely excited and can't wait to get started. You see, I have a simple goal and that is just to become a finalist for my region. (NA) This is the only reason that I have kept playing GT6, to keep my skill set sharp just for this event. You gotta believe!!!!!!!!!
good luck mate . I hope we'll meet in uae :cheers:

I'm no longer eligible but will put some time in just to see how my skill stack up, which is probably not very well now days. :P

This will be my first time, and I've always thought I'm rubbish compared to the top racing guys on any racing game, let alone GT. So now I'm gonna find out! Should be fun. I have NO ambitions to make the finals (if I do by some miracle I'll have to renew my passport pretty quickly!), just to see how I stack up worldwide. :)

Am i the only who plans to win the whole competition despite the fact that it is my first year that I'll apply lol . maybe i'm too ambitious lol

I'm too old to start a professional racing career even if there was a chance in hell I would win.

We'll see. Maybe I'll get to the final round and be motivated to search for the ultimate hot lap again. Right now though my excitement level is too low to even plug in the rig. I'll do the qualifiers via DS3 most likely.

I'm nowhere near fast enough to qualify to begin with so it was always just another time trial for me anyway. I do get excited to see others excited about it though, and if I was fast enough and didn't have business commitments to prevent me from going, I'd be through the roof trying to qualify for this thing myself. I admit I am more than gutted that Canada is left out this year, especially for @LLOYDZELITE69 , whom I thought, among others, had a good shot at victory, especially after last year's stellar performance. If we made it in last year I can't see why we didn't make it in this year, makes no sense to me.

I ranked 56th in the U.S. last year but I wasn't 18 so I couldn't go to the regional finals. Now, this year I have classes to take over the summer but I hope to find time to practice to get close to the top 20.

Grabbed a DS3 this morning and golded on my first valid lap (lap 4). Exited the game and watched a movie with the wife.

If I "feel like it" for some reason later maybe I'll plug the wheel in. Generally I am at least 2sec per minute faster simply using the wheel. Really though, I'm just not seeing the point to it other than if I want to chase @Spurgy 777 s' line for a while 👍 :cheers:

I feel GT Academy has gone a step backward this year. Putting USA in the international group' throw out canada and north africa.
My country isn't a part in GT Academy and probably never would be...My goal is to get to the top 500 at the final TT.
I use a DS3 so it's going to be hard.
I'm not so exited for GT Academy this year. I also think the 2012 format was so much better, it had the best time trails!
Since 2013 it's more like a regular seasonal event.

Back