AMA Superbikes April 18-20

• Thread starter wfooshee
  • 6 comments

wfooshee

Rather ride my FJR
Premium
United States
Panama City, FL
Anybody on here planning on or even thinking about being at the event? Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham (actually Leeds) Alabama. One of the nicest racing facilities in the country, and has onsite what may be the world's finest motorcycle museum. I'll be there Thursday through Sunday, working as a corner marshall on Thursday and Sunday, an ordinary spectator Friday and Saturday.

Barber Motorsports Park is an absolutely beautiful race track. It was built pretty much for motorcycle racing with the motorcycle museum there. I always say it's a European-style race track that's deep in Americana. I know World Superbike will be racing at Miller Motorsports Park in Utah later this year, but I'll surely be watching on Speed for AMA Superbike action.

I do need to update my thread on Grand Prix Motorcycle Racing to keep up with all Grand Prix racing with motorcycles.

Bring your camera.

So I can do these??? (Sorry if you're bandwidth-challenged.)

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0228.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0236.jpg

DSC_0285.jpg

DSC_0300.jpg

More here.

A lot of guys were sparking pegs there, too, but I never got a shot. My poor little second-hand D50 doesn't do 15 frames per second like the pro guys standing around us. Listening to those things go off is like hearing an old movie camera!

Nor did I ever get any exhaust flame. It's like it was hardly worth the trip!! :dopey:

Back