• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 3 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
AMA Supercross is about to kick off proper for the 2011 season. The long grind from January to May will be contested with some exciting and intense racing. This thread is for this season of AMA Supercross. In addition, I'd even allow some Supercross Lites chatter here. The defending champ in AMA Supercross had a heck of a season- Ryan Dungey. Here's this season's schedule:

from: http://www.supercross.com/news/supercross-2011-schedule-released
January 8 - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA
January 15 - Chase Field - Phoenix, AZ
January 22 - Dodger Stadium - Los Angeles, CA
January 29 - Oak-Alameda City Stadium - Oakland, CA
February 5 - Angel Stadium - Anaheim, CA
February 12 - Reliant Stadium - Houston, TX
February 19 - Qualcomm Stadium - San Diego, CA
February 26 - Georgia Dome - Atlanta, GA
March 5 - Daytona Int'l Speedway - Daytona, FL
March 12 - Lucas Oil Stadium - Indianapolis, IN
March 19 - Jacksonville Municipal Stadium - Jacksonville, FL
March 26 - Rogers Centre - Toronto, ON, Canada
April 2 - Cowboys Stadium - Arlington, TX
April 9 - Edward Jones Dome - St. Louis, MO
April 16 - Qwest Field - Seattle, WA
April 30 - Rice-Eccles Stadium - Salt Lake City, UT
May 7 - Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas, NV

Good luck to all the riders and the teams for this season of AMA Supercross!

I saw the Supercross race from Chase Field on Speed earlier tonight. James "Bubba" Stewart was cold hard cash in this one, leading flag-to-flag for the 20-lap duration. I think Ryan W. (Windham or Wyndham?) won the first round.

Ryan Villopoto won the AMA Supercross race at Daytona. James Stewart had a horrible crash at Daytona and was taken back to about 20th position. He still kept going by soldering onward to finish and finish up ninth (or about that much). Though he lost, Bubba Stewart deserves a hell of a lot of praise for not backing down and still going balls out after the wicked dumping of his bike. I forgot who won the Supercross Lites race.

The next round is next Saturday at Indianapolis.

The end of the season is culminating nicely. Just over 20 points covering the top 5 with 75 points up for grabs.

As great as Stewart is, he's had some huge crashes this year (more than usual and in quick succession) and I do wonder whether it's just a matter of time before he does himself a career ending injury (or worse).

Back