amateur GT world chamionship.

• Thread starter ving
  • 9 comments
My car of choice....

My garage consists of only 2 race cars, a Poly 001 (very much overkill me thinks) and a Altezza LM.

So here I am nervous as all heck on the last position of the grid in my Altezza at R246, its completely stock (tho i did tweek the suspension and add t3 tires).
RED... ORANGE... GREEN!!!
1st gear sees the competition zip away from me...
2nd gear sees them slip further away... (getting worried)
3rd thru to 4th and i am weaving my way thru them to gain 2nd by the first corner.

I came to realize that the only real competition was goin to be the viper, who i take on the beginning of the 3rd lap.
I hold the lead easily from here to win by 4.5 secs.

2 things tho:

1. no one pitted:confused:
2. why does the Altezza go thru frint tires so fast?
-----------------------------------------------------

race 2 Laguna - 5 laps

Starting at the back again, and feeling confident after the last race, i sit there reving the engine...
GREEN!

Off down the hill nipping at the heals of 5th place all the way. corner 2 and i take him and 4th too. By the 4th corner i have 2nd place but the viper has a sizable lead and chasing him down is proving dificult as i am trying to conserve my tires.
the last race left my front tires looking rather light orange...
3rd lap comes and the gap to 1st is close but not close enuff (about 2 secs), so i start pushing the car hard. the viper is caught at the bottom of the hill on the final lap in a hard braking manuver and I dont see him again.
I win by 2.3 secs. tires are still yellow and no one has pitted again.
------------------------------------------------------

race 3 tomorrow

Damn. I was fishing around for a different race car to drive, and the Altezza LM is one I was hoping to try. But not if it eats the front tires...

Grrrr.

go on, it'll be easy.... it faster than the field and has a heap of HP :)
just take it easy in the corners and go for t3 tires

nah, i am up to race 7 and they only started pitting on race 6.. i think they got a boost but the extra power is making thier tires wear faster... i am now winning by 8-12 secs..

series finished... i didnt do the last 3 races as the AIs new pitting strategy (they didnt pit b4) is making winning too easy!
got my silvia and i am happy... have started the amateur turbo cup.

Back