Amateur League Super Formula Championship

• Thread starter wobbleguts
  • 13 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi,

Went through the amateur league and won every single race to date Last stage in the league is the Super Formula Championship. Started off but by the 4th corner all the other cars had dissapeared into the distance. WTF? Tried again but the same thing happened. Then tried racing all the laps but could never catch up and was in danger of being lapped myself. Why is this stage so difficult compared to evreything else in the amateur league?

Anyways, I gave up and went on to the professional league. Have raced 2 and won gold at first attempt in both. Should I just forget about the 'Super' stage?

Even I found it a little hard, but try and you’ll get it. Are you using the overtake system? Check your controller mapping for the Overtake button and use that. Also, Tokyo South is a good race to start with, it's quite fun.

Hi,

Went through the amateur league and won every single race to date Last stage in the league is the Super Formula Championship. Started off but by the 4th corner all the other cars had dissapeared into the distance. WTF? Tried again but the same thing happened. Then tried racing all the laps but could never catch up and was in danger of being lapped myself. Why is this stage so difficult compared to evreything else in the amateur league?

Anyways, I gave up and went on to the professional league. Have raced 2 and won gold at first attempt in both. Should I just forget about the 'Super' stage?
Did you use the "boost" system ?

Can you use this at any time? Or is it like F1 when you have to be within a certain distance? The cars in front took off and I never saw them again.

Can you use this at any time? Or is it like F1 when you have to be within a certain distance? The cars in front took off and I never saw them again.

It's a HP boost so you could use it anytime, kinda like Indy cars but you only have about 30 seconds of it

... Should I just forget about the 'Super' stage?

No :) ...
You need to be patient after race start as it takes a little time to catch up - and you need to be consistently fast.
The overtake function isn't crucial imo. You might haven't found out yet though how capable these cars are of cornering, just saying.
As always, practicing will get you there 👍 !

PS
You may want to increase downforce as default settings are quite low.

Last edited:
My advice would be to use a tune. Here's a good one from @praiano63:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praianos-gt-sport-garage.380262/page-12#post-12699230

As for the overtake function, make sure you have a button designated because you'll eventually need to utilize it. I was able to catch up and win at Suzuka and Tokyo Expressway without it (your mileage may vary). It's in the later races that you'll actually need it, especially Autopolis. I usually save it for the straights and when I'm somewhat close to an overtake.

Last edited:
Practice and patience if you want to do it clean.
Fuji was the hardest for me as they make the pole car faster once it is overtaken.
Autopolis can be a race of pure patience as you fight through traffic in a technical track and force yourself with boost.

You must realize that this car has insane amounts of downforce and low weight, it corners insanely fast.

As for setup, honestly I just put the transmission slightly longer, as it maxs out pretty much in every track, on default settings.
Apart from that, just had some difficulties at Autopolis, but I believe it's more from me and not really like the track than the race being harder.
Also it was the only track where I really needed to use the "PushtoPass" button.

And definitely I'm just an average player (jumping between C and D grade on Driver Rating on Sport Mode).

Thanks for the advice everyone. I will finish the pro league challenge I'm on and then go back and give it another try. I am a casual gamer but I still like to win, so I was puzzled that I won gold in every race in the amateur league until this challenge (when it was clear I was way out of my league). I think this challenge was part of an update - not sure why they put it in this stage of the game though because it doesn't fit in well with that league.

As to the overtake button - I previously reassigned touch pad left from 'indicate left' to 'change view' for replays etc. I have now changed touch pad right from 'indicate right' to 'overtake'. It is easier to reach than the default button and I can't see any reason why you would use indicators in a race....

Is there any way to turn off the HALO when in cockpit view in this car? I did the Suzuka and Tokyo Races last night, normally I drive in cockpit, but I had to switch to bonnet view because I kept getting blinded by the HALO, especially following close to another car.

What a terrible way to ruin an otherwise really enjoyable car. If the HALO can’t be turned off, I won’t ever touch this car again after finishing the last 3 events.

I used @praiano63 tune, it worked really well 👍

Halo can’t be turned off, you either just have to get used to it or switch to bonnet view. Getting used to it will require a bit of a different driving mentality, as you have to keep in mind were cars are when you can still see them and anticipate were they’ll be once you can’t. I’m still struggling a bit with the cockpit view, so I mostly use bonnet/roof view.

Back