AMAZON - didn't even SHIP pre-ordered GT6 game before the 'delivery' date! (and STILL not shipped)!

• Thread starter physans
  • 15 comments
I'm just posting this as a warning to others - and also to ask: did others who preordered from Amazon have this problem? I'm in Atlanta GA and preordered the game well in advance.

AMAZON didn't even SHIP my pre-ordered game before 12/6, even though they said it would be delivered on 12/6. It's 12/8 and it still hasn't shipped!

This sucks! It would be one thing if UPS was late, but amazon didn't even give it to the shipper!

I am NEVER preordering from Amazon again - even though I have been for years! I am also not going to renew my Amazon prime after this. Their video service sucks anyway.

I had to go to Target and buy a copy of GT6 on Saturday. The whole point of me using amazon is to NOT have to do go to a B&M store. This and the sales tax they now charge makes amazon worthless to me.

I can't vouch for Amazon US. However Amazon UK shipped it on the 5th and I got via Fedex on the 6th (the release day) and that's cross country (Placed Order on Amazon UK with Amazon Global Shipping to Switzerland). Amazon has never failed me so far. (Order all of my games from UK so I get them in English. Hate the German dubbing/subbing)

That's weird. isn't there a Amazon warehouse in ATL?????
I would give a nice little complain to Amazon, who knows they might give you some money back or something

I live in Richmond, VA, and there is a Amazon warehouse 40 miles from here. Amazon shipped out my copy on the 5th, and it arrived at the carrier facility on the 6th. I was supposed to get it by 8 pm on Friday, 12/6. Guess what - I didn't! Not a very well-organized situation. Wish I'd pre-ordered at Gamestop with in-store pickup. Bummer! I'm dying to play it!

I wonder how many people pre-ordered with Amazon and actually got it on the 6th.

I preordered via amazon, and received it on the morning of the 6th. What shipping did you use? Do you have amazon prime?

I live in Richmond, VA, and there is a Amazon warehouse 40 miles from here. Amazon shipped out my copy on the 5th, and it arrived at the carrier facility on the 6th. I was supposed to get it by 8 pm on Friday, 12/6. Guess what - I didn't! Not a very well-organized situation. Wish I'd pre-ordered at Gamestop with in-store pickup. Bummer! I'm dying to play it!

I wonder how many people pre-ordered with Amazon and actually got it on the 6th.
Exact same situation as me.

Mine was supposed to arrive this upcoming tuesday-friday but arrived yesterday, saturday from amazon.

Amazon has always been good to me on shipping, but that's probably because I have a Prime account so I get free two-day shipping. Though this time around I preordered in person at my local GameStop. Send them a complaint (especially if you didn't cancel your order), you're bound to get a response (often refunds or gift certificates).

To balance out the replies. I pre-ordered GT5 from Amazon and it came 2 weeks after release.

But this time I pre-ordered from gamestop and got it about 1:30pm on release day :)

I ordered mine from Amazon and it didn't come either. I called them and they blamed it on the snow storm even though the roads were completely fine here and UPS had the package ready to deliver and just chose not to. I am sending the game back to Amazon and decided to just download the game on the PSN store. Thank God Amazon sent me the promo codes an email so I still got my 1,000,000 credits and 5 car pack.

Amazon US shipped mines on the 5th and got here the next day. I made sure to email them a couple days before to verify it would be here on the 6th. They said yes an so it did.

Did your credit card go out of date between the order and delivery date. they only process the card the day before they send it. not when you order it. easy to happen if you ordered when the game was first on the amazon web site.

I preordered via amazon, and received it on the morning of the 6th. What shipping did you use? Do you have amazon prime?

I do have amazon prime - I chose the free 2 day shipping.
There were no payment issues (in fact I was using amazon gift card credit).

They moved it to shipped status on the 8th. I got it yesterday (Monday, December 9th) - only 3 (technically 3.5) days AFTER release. And that's with 2 day prime... but according to UPS tracking, Amazon didn't even ship it until December 8 - UPS did a great job of getting it to me in a day once Amazon finally got off of their fat lazy ass!

For anyone wondering - here is my UPS tracking history:

Doraville, GA, United States
12/09/2013 5:25 P.M.Delivered
12/09/2013 1:57 A.M.Out For Delivery

Doraville, GA, United States
12/08/2013 11:13 P.M.Arrival Scan

Atlanta, GA, United States
12/08/2013 9:03 P.M.Departure Scan
12/08/2013 4:57 P.M.Origin Scan

United States
12/05/2013 3:47 P.M.Order Processed: Ready for UPS (this only means it was billed on 12/5)

Back