Amazon's "Grand Prix Driver" Premieres!TV 

DesertPenguin

(Banned)
United States
Long Island, New York
DesertPenguin_
I figure this is a good place to put this right? It's four 30 minute episodes all available at once. I had heard about it awhile ago but it was released on February 9th. This is the Amazon description:

This series offers unprecedented access to FORMULA ONE racing, a highly secretive and competitive world. It follows McLaren, one of the sport's most successful teams, during the 2017 pre-season as they gear up for their first race in Melbourne. After three tough years without a win, McLaren is hopeful that they will be back on top with their promotion of rookie driver, Stoffel Vandoorne.

It's a shame it only covers so far but I think we all know why :(

Good documentary, wish it was longer. The language barrier between Honda engineers and mclaren made it seem no wonder there'd be issues for the cars throughout the season. Mclaren seemed to be playing catchup since the beginning! Stoffel and Alonso had no clue until testing.

But what's Honda's side of the story?

It's good if you're a Formula 1 fan but you get to the end of preseason testing and that's about as far as it goes then it skips to Singapore where Zak announced the end of the Honda/McLaren partnership. I want to see what else went on in season. What happened when Alonso called it a GP2 engine or whatever it was he said? What's the reactions after the countless failures? What was McLaren saying to Alonso to try and get him to stay? That's the kinds of things I was hoping to see.

Back