• Thread starter AMCNUT
  • 22 comments
Canada
ON, Canada
AMCNUT
AMCNUT
Hi all,

Some photos I just took of my Ferrari 250 GTO at LeMans:

I was experimenting with a few different colour, brightness, contrast, etc. combinations to produce these shots. What do you guys think? Was it a success? Comments? Suggestions? Thanks for looking!

Nice set, I love this car, so classic but this is one of a select few cars that I will not put add ons on. I like, like the last one a bunch. :)

I really like the first black and white pic. Really shows off its curves. Nice start 👍

wow that second shot is just great. It kinda reminds me of that Infiniti G35 commercial when they outline the car with 2-3 brush strokes, and then the car comes in. Nice job :)

Thank-you! That's exactly where I drew my inspiration from - I'm glad that's what you derived from it as well. It suits the Ferrari's line well, I think.

Thank-you! That's exactly where I drew my inspiration from - I'm glad that's what you derived from it as well. It suits the Ferrari's line well, I think.

Well then you executed it perfectly.

The last 2 GTO shots are great, like the way you've highlighted the lines.

Some nice angles throughout. Think there's alittle bit too much contrast in some of them though

Keep it up and hope to see more :)👍

Well, these Jaguar ones a couple of weeks old, but I still really like them.

And I hope to do more work with the 250 California later on...

Your focus seems a bit off/soft, but this last group with the jag is a big improvement. The third jag shot is sharp as a tack. Definitely my fav. Keep plugging away at it man!

Thanks for the constructive criticisms 👍 - I'm still working to get the finer points of focusing down pat, but I'll get there eventually.

I personally like the vignetting effect so long as it's not too strong. But flo, I can turn it off just for you next time if you want! :lol:

A definate improvement in terms of your contract/exposure settings which is good 👍

Nice composition in the third shot and good sense of speed.

Keep the improvement going mate :)👍

OK, finally had some time to snap and upload a few more shots. I proudly present my Ferrari 250 Testarossa:

Thanks for all of the constructive criticism thus far - it's been a big help! :)

Some very nice photos you have there. Makes me wonder what I could do if I put that amount of time and effort into it. I might just have to try and top you!

Well, here I return, hat in hand, waiting to be judged before the ForzaPlanet world again! :P I have a few new shots I want to tender, so here goes:

BMW 850CSi:

And then there's this Dodge Dart. I just finished putting the finishing touches on this car's design not too long ago - took me most of the day to complete the design. It's not perfect, but it's a passable look that I think does one of my favourite artists and albums justice. I proudly present:

Really like the first BMW shot, nice composition. But really digging the Bel Air set. Some lovely close-ups, I would recommend using a little aperture on the close-ups though, Break the background and up and focuses more on the car 👍

Back