American Dad Premiere

  • Thread starter Thread starter Event
  • 20 comments
  • 917 views

Event

Zoom-zoom
Premium
Messages
6,899
Messages
GTP_event / kevinr6287 (farming account)
So, what did you all think of it?

I thought is was great, but it will never be as good as Family Guy. However, I don't like Klaus (he's annoying) and I don't like Roger's strange vomiting out of his sides.

Haven't seen it? Download episode 1 here: http://www.lokitorrent.com/download.php?id=115049
 
An okay substitute for Family Guy. Not that funny though. Family Guy is better. I'll give it a 7/10.
 
I give it a 5. Horrible ploy at trying to get the ratings back up, and they overplay certain themese. Lacks originality. The humour is hardly different from Family Guy, but they're obviously trying to make it different. I hope that Alien freak is only a one-show kind of character. The fish reminds me too much of Stewie, and any TV show made after another one that failed should definately learn from the past mistakes.
 
PS
I give it a 5. Horrible ploy at trying to get the ratings back up, and they overplay certain themese. Lacks originality. The humour is hardly different from Family Guy, but they're obviously trying to make it different. I hope that Alien freak is only a one-show kind of character. The fish reminds me too much of Stewie, and any TV show made after another one that failed should definately learn from the past mistakes.
Family Guy did NOT fail! You're ignorant. They thought it had bad ratings becuase all the college kids watching only gives one point to the Neilson(sp?) ratings system per dorm. they thought it had bad ratings because they did not realize the cult following in college kids. The DVD sales show this. Plsu, it had the worst timespot in the history of television, but even that wasn't fixed. No one knew when it was on.
 
And the channel wasn't practical. I wouldn't think something like that is on FOX.
 
And the channel wasn't practical. I wouldn't think something like that is on FOX.
FOX never respected great shows like Futurama and Family Guy. They gave them ****ty time spots after football and if the game went long (they always did) they would cut into the show already in progress. In the case of Fmaily Guy, they never found a concrete timespot. They kept moving it around for reality show crap. I never saw the new episodes ever, since I never knew when the hell it was on.

What other channel could it be on? CN shows never get enough repsect, and it's on cable. The other stations don't like fart jokes, so they're out. FOX is all thats left... :indiff:
 
Well DirecTV has a On-screen TV guide for 2 days in advance so I could look but you don't have that so nevermind.
 
Ha...Digital Cable has an advancement of a whole week. Same with Desperate Housewives. Never have any idea when it's on.
 
Saw it; didn't care for it. I'll wait for Family Guy to start broadcasting new episodes.
 
I thought it was okay. I was expecting more, but if they downplay the whole political aspect of the show, I could see it growing into a very funny TV show. I think everyone needs to give the show a chance.

But, if American Dad fails, we've still got Family Guy to fall back on.
 
Its was....ok, some funny, great at making fun of a stereotypical hardcore american mentality in the dad... ( btw, break both his legs,and he could sub for peter griffins cop neighbour )..i gotta admit though, worst character is that damn alien, what a dumb idea !
 
So it's ok is it? Nothing great? Meh, but the first time I saw family guy I didn't find it that funny.

I didn't know there was going to be more family guy! Please say it's true!
 
I loved it. Been a fan for a while, and was pleased with the pilot. The worst part is that we won't see the season start (for Family Guy too) until May 1st :(
 
it tried too hard to be Family Guy. There were too many similarities. This one can go either way though seeing as how it's the first episode and all.
 
Race Idiot
So it's ok is it? Nothing great? Meh, but the first time I saw family guy I didn't find it that funny.

I didn't know there was going to be more family guy! Please say it's true!
May 1st. There was a commercial for it during American Dad.
 
I thought it was funny! I thought it was gonna premire in May?
 
I thought the show was okay. However some of the characters just plain don't do it for me.

However, I won't really judge it until it premires (for real) in two weeks. ;)
 
I saw Seth MacFarlane on David Letterman. He said this show was just a rip-off toned-down version of Family Guy. I'll agree with him.
 
Back