american muscle returns

for anyone who loves muscle cars heres some exiting news...according to the january edition of motor trend dodge is going to bring back the charger.

From motortrend.com--

2006 Dodge Charger : Rear-drive sedan will replace the cab-forward Intrepid, complementing the Magnum. Mechanical twin to the Chrysler 300, the Charger will feature a base 3.5L/250-hp V-6, with the Charger R/T featuring a 5.7L/340-hp Hemi V-8. Just as the Chrysler 300C received the SRT-8 treatment, it is safe to expect the Charger will follow suit for 2007 with a comprehensive, 425-hp model.

pictures of concepts from http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-36806.html
last two pictures are from www.allpar.com

Attachments

• 0404phr_dodge_12_z.jpeg
    0404phr_dodge_12_z.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 0404phr_dodge_07_z.jpeg
    0404phr_dodge_07_z.jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 0404phr_dodge_03_z.jpeg
    0404phr_dodge_03_z.jpeg
    39 KB · Views: 14
  • 0404phr_dodge_01_z.jpeg
    0404phr_dodge_01_z.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 0404phr_dodge_09_z.jpeg
    0404phr_dodge_09_z.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 16
  • charger.jpeg
    charger.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 11
  • charger1s.jpeg
    charger1s.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 11
Yeah this is in the wrong forum, a mod should move this for the new guy.

About the new Charger, I will be so ticked off if they make it resemble the Magnum as far as the headlights, grill, that sort of thing. I think it should have it's own bodystyle. I've seen concept drawings and it just didn't dawn on me that I was looking at a Charger at all, more like a grandmas snappy new Dodge coupe. I would rather have the concept from a couple years back than this new thing. I just hope they change the look of the car before final production.

THAT'S A CHARGER?!?!?!?????!?! Blea. they shoulda made it retro like the new Mustang.

pain killer
for anyone who loves muscle cars heres some exiting news...according to the january edition of motor trend dodge is going to bring back the charger.

From motortrend.com--

2006 Dodge Charger : Rear-drive sedan will replace the cab-forward Intrepid, complementing the Magnum. Mechanical twin to the Chrysler 300, the Charger will feature a base 3.5L/250-hp V-6, with the Charger R/T featuring a 5.7L/340-hp Hemi V-8. Just as the Chrysler 300C received the SRT-8 treatment, it is safe to expect the Charger will follow suit for 2007 with a comprehensive, 425-hp model.

pictures of concepts from http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread/t-36806.html
last two pictures are from www.allpar.com

That's kinda neat, although I agree that the styling is a tad futuristic. Too many planes and angles for my taste. So this is the Mustang's direct competition.... very interesting.

the new charger is based on the magnum. its on the same platform, maybe a bit shorter, and its in a fastback form. And yes muscle cars are returning. With the new mustang, maybe this charger, 300C SRT-8, Pontiac GTO, a new camaro in the works using GM's new platform (duno wat its called, epsilon??), theres no mistaking. Rice boys get outa the way cuz your worst nightmares about to come true!

Back